Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Team CRC Gen-XL

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I run full box because I felt the XL/Xi stock plastic is not strong enough and all the impact will transfer to the motor plate. after switching to full box my motor plate is less prone to bending, Don't have to stock two different part to the motor pod is another plus as you wont know which side will be destroyed faster .
Old 06-29-2013, 10:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
I run full box because I felt the XL/Xi stock plastic is not strong enough and all the impact will transfer to the motor plate. after switching to full box my motor plate is less prone to bending, Don't have to stock two different part to the motor pod is another plus as you wont know which side will be destroyed faster .
Thanks

What spares do I need to stock up for the front-end?
Old 06-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bosschick
What's the difference between the full boxed rear vs. the stock Gen-XL pod?
The full-boxed rear pod is a significantly stiffer assembly that should be helpful when running faster motors. If you are running a 17.5 unboosted motor, you probably do not need its extra weight.

But, there is a partial-boxed rear pod assembly too. It is a nice in-between option. I use it on my larger WGT car.

Bill
Old 06-30-2013, 12:38 AM
Tech Master

Thanks

What spares do I need to stock up for the front-end?
I keep one pack of everything and 2~3 steering block. the front end is so strong I hardly break anything there. steering block seem to be the weakest of all the strong part but it hardly break . btw I drive 4.5t in asphalt track surround by concrete. impact is a lot worse then most people who run in plastic walled carpet track.

for those who run slower car in more friendly condition, 1~2 pair of steering block is all that you need.

my LHSs never like 1/12th scale because they have hard time making money out of parts compared to selling touring car. if you are playing 1/12th scale in Taiwan expect no almost no parts stock in LHS. they are just too hard to break.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

I keep one pack of everything and 2~3 steering block. the front end is so strong I hardly break anything there. steering block seem to be the weakest of all the strong part but it hardly break . btw I drive 4.5t in asphalt track surround by concrete. impact is a lot worse then most people who run in plastic walled carpet track.

for those who run slower car in more friendly condition, 1~2 pair of steering block is all that you need.

my LHSs never like 1/12th scale because they have hard time making money out of parts compared to selling touring car. if you are playing 1/12th scale in Taiwan expect no almost no parts stock in LHS. they are just too hard to break.
Thanks, will keep these in mind.

What tires do you use for asphalt? And if you don't mind can you share your setup? I'm new to 1/12th and anything you can share will be highly appreciated.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

we run Jaco 2x pink front and pink in the back, or Speed Mind 32~35 front and 30 back. many use glue their own tire for some reason but I am too lazy to do so.

setup wise:
stock front end, 5 degree dynamic, caster spacer all the way back, stick front spring, 1degree toe out,no lube on kingpin due to dirt and dust. stock center spring , 500cts oil (my shock is old), CRC white or AE blue side spring 10k~30k tube lube. 2mm rear drop.

we use transaction compound to control the steering level.

hope this help.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

we run Jaco 2x pink front and pink in the back, or Speed Mind 32~35 front and 30 back. many use glue their own tire for some reason but I am too lazy to do so.

setup wise:
stock front end, 5 degree dynamic, caster spacer all the way back, stick front spring, 1degree toe out,no lube on kingpin due to dirt and dust. stock center spring , 500cts oil (my shock is old), CRC white or AE blue side spring 10k~30k tube lube. 2mm rear drop.

we use transaction compound to control the steering level.

hope this help.
thanks.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi.

If I will be using this in my stock Gen-XL, what other parts do I need to buy?

Where do I screw in the left part?

Thanks.

http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/popup_ima...=18178&image=0
Old 07-01-2013, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Hi.

If I will be using this in my stock Gen-XL, what other parts do I need to buy?

Where do I screw in the left part?

Thanks.

http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/popup_ima...=18178&image=0
instead of the plastic parts, you replace it with another motor mount
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7718930

It will look like this

Old 07-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

instead of the plastic parts, you replace it with another motor mount
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7718930

It will look like this
[/IMG]

Thanks

I noticed that your servo is flat on the chassis, what parts do I need to convert my stock Gen-XL to this spec?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I really have no idea about 1/12th.

Thanks.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:44 AM
Tech Master

Thanks

I noticed that your servo is flat on the chassis, what parts do I need to convert my stock Gen-XL to this spec?

Thanks.
two way of doing it, if you are using Futaba BLS-651 or s 9650, or KO PDS-949/951, use CRC 3315 Molded Servo Mounts-flat to mount it.

other wise, use shoe-goo or some really strong double side tape from 3M.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default full box pod

CRC also offers optional part #3342 - gen X left side pod plate. That optional aluminum left side pod plate achieves the stiffer and more durable fully boxed rear pod but it still allows easy motor removal and more wiring clearance than using a second right (motor) side pod plate on the left side. Either way works fine, but the 3342 plate is a little lighter and a little cleaner too.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

AFAIK the 3342 plate has not been available for quite some time.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks

Thanks.
I feel that the XL runs better with the servo upright than flat.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by vafactor
CRC also offers optional part #3342 - gen X left side pod plate. That optional aluminum left side pod plate achieves the stiffer and more durable fully boxed rear pod but it still allows easy motor removal and more wiring clearance than using a second right (motor) side pod plate on the left side. Either way works fine, but the 3342 plate is a little lighter and a little cleaner too.

Thanks.

Is the 3342 compatible with the stock Gen-XL right motor plate?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.