Wiki Posts
Search

Rustler VXL. help fixing steering block

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rustler VXL. help fixing steering block

busted one of my steering blocks (part number 3736). I bought replacement but i'm stumped at how to get the other parts out of the broken one lol. Like the bearings/hub(?)

Do I need to buy a whole new assembly? Does anyone know what I'm talking about haha.

Also, what's the best aftermarket front bumper to help prevent me fixing this (and the caster blocks...again)...um...again
Old 07-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I never worked on a rustler but i havent had a rc i can't take apart and put back together so my best advice is just give it your best shot whats the worse that can happen
Old 07-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 88NATE
I never worked on a rustler but i havent had a rc i can't take apart and put back together so my best advice is just give it your best shot whats the worse that can happen
I agree. If anything there are blown up pdf and such all over the net for these things. This is why people say your first rc should be a kit. It rains true once again folks.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

yeah i know what you are talking about that has happened to me a couple times i would just get new bearings that arent that expensive and it is going to be a pain to get those out of the busted hub
Old 07-25-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Initiate

that's what I was looking for. It's not that I don't have exploded diagrams of my entire truck and it isn't like I couldn't fix it I had to. I was simply asking if it was even worth my time to remove the bearing if perhaps there was a secret/trick to getting them out easier or should I just buy a new one.

I've fixed a ton of things on my RC already. I like to work smarter instead of harder.

Thanks!

Could someone tell me if those aluminum caster blocks bend easily? I've gone through more than a few pair of the stock plastic ones =)
Old 07-25-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roosty
that's what I was looking for. It's not that I don't have exploded diagrams of my entire truck and it isn't like I couldn't fix it I had to. I was simply asking if it was even worth my time to remove the bearing if perhaps there was a secret/trick to getting them out easier or should I just buy a new one.

I've fixed a ton of things on my RC already. I like to work smarter instead of harder.

Thanks!

Could someone tell me if those aluminum caster blocks bend easily? I've gone through more than a few pair of the stock plastic ones =)
the aluminum caster blocks dont break as much as the plastic they also help the truck steer straighter
Old 07-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sLaSh It UPP
the aluminum caster blocks dont break as much as the plastic they also help the truck steer straighter
Nice. After I break this next pair of plastic ones I'll make the switch!

Thanks again!
Old 07-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Just use a screwdriver and push the one out.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

that works to but it is still a pain to get them out
Old 07-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

i have had a rustler and if thats your truck of choice, all the aluminum up-grades are WELL werth it, it tightens up the truck alot
Old 07-26-2009, 01:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

if you really don't want anymore real problems with the steering and caster blocks just switch to the nitro rustler front spindle setup and just make sure you have the proper offset wheels to stay within your specs if you are racing
and this is a smoother easier rolling setup and you won't bend vertical kingpins so easily too