R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Rustler VXL. help fixing steering block (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/314597-rustler-vxl-help-fixing-steering-block.html)

Roosty 07-24-2009 08:45 PM

Rustler VXL. help fixing steering block

busted one of my steering blocks (part number 3736). I bought replacement but i'm stumped at how to get the other parts out of the broken one lol. Like the bearings/hub(?)

Do I need to buy a whole new assembly? Does anyone know what I'm talking about haha.

Also, what's the best aftermarket front bumper to help prevent me fixing this (and the caster blocks...again)...um...again :D

88NATE 07-25-2009 02:13 AM

I never worked on a rustler but i havent had a rc i can't take apart and put back together so my best advice is just give it your best shot whats the worse that can happen:nod:

mutilatorman 07-25-2009 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by 88NATE (Post 6114249)
I never worked on a rustler but i havent had a rc i can't take apart and put back together so my best advice is just give it your best shot whats the worse that can happen:nod:

I agree. If anything there are blown up pdf and such all over the net for these things. This is why people say your first rc should be a kit. It rains true once again folks.

sLaSh It UPP 07-25-2009 06:46 AM

yeah i know what you are talking about that has happened to me a couple times i would just get new bearings that arent that expensive and it is going to be a pain to get those out of the busted hub

Roosty 07-25-2009 07:08 AM

that's what I was looking for. It's not that I don't have exploded diagrams of my entire truck and it isn't like I couldn't fix it I had to. I was simply asking if it was even worth my time to remove the bearing if perhaps there was a secret/trick to getting them out easier or should I just buy a new one.

I've fixed a ton of things on my RC already. I like to work smarter instead of harder.

Thanks!

Could someone tell me if those aluminum caster blocks bend easily? I've gone through more than a few pair of the stock plastic ones =)

sLaSh It UPP 07-25-2009 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Roosty (Post 6114724)
that's what I was looking for. It's not that I don't have exploded diagrams of my entire truck and it isn't like I couldn't fix it I had to. I was simply asking if it was even worth my time to remove the bearing if perhaps there was a secret/trick to getting them out easier or should I just buy a new one.

I've fixed a ton of things on my RC already. I like to work smarter instead of harder.

Thanks!

Could someone tell me if those aluminum caster blocks bend easily? I've gone through more than a few pair of the stock plastic ones =)

the aluminum caster blocks dont break as much as the plastic they also help the truck steer straighter

Roosty 07-25-2009 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by sLaSh It UPP (Post 6114859)
the aluminum caster blocks dont break as much as the plastic they also help the truck steer straighter

Nice. After I break this next pair of plastic ones I'll make the switch!

Thanks again!

TRXRustler33 07-25-2009 12:51 PM

Just use a screwdriver and push the one out.

sLaSh It UPP 07-25-2009 08:07 PM

that works to but it is still a pain to get them out

JATOdriver 07-25-2009 08:12 PM

i have had a rustler and if thats your truck of choice, all the aluminum up-grades are WELL werth it, it tightens up the truck alot

mcdragon2 07-26-2009 01:21 AM

if you really don't want anymore real problems with the steering and caster blocks just switch to the nitro rustler front spindle setup and just make sure you have the proper offset wheels to stay within your specs if you are racing
and this is a smoother easier rolling setup and you won't bend vertical kingpins so easily too