Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cream
Nice to read :-)
Will the front tower work with the Tresrey front bulkhead? or is that what the aluminum parts are?

Thanks
Sean
Old 08-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH
Will the front tower work with the Tresrey front bulkhead? or is that what the aluminum parts are?

Thanks
Sean
The Tresrey bulkhead works perfectly with the Cream front tower- the aluminum parts on it are the ballstud mounts.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks
Sean
Yes, It's a direct replacment for the original part. The aluminium parts are designed to keep the ball studs in the original position and plain, and only weigh 8.4g (4.2g each)
Original concept is here.
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83523
Old 08-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
Well I'm researching 2wd buggies and now I'm going to ask you guys:
"What makes the DEX210 better than the B4.1 or 22?"

And also the Ball-ends, Steering plate, and shock towers are the only weak points correct? Any other upgrades needed?
Compared to the B4 IMO- more rear traction while still having great steering, more tuning options, and (outside of a few weak spots) more durable. Fit and finish is also better IMO.

Compared to the 22- More rear traction, better steering, and again more tunable. Only place I feel the 22 is better is on rough tracks or very fast, sweeping layouts. And that goes out the window with the long chassis- we run the +8 CF chassis from Tresrey.

They are all good cars, and all can win. I have great appreciation for the engineering and design of the TD cars, and above all we (mostly my brother Cush) are faster and more comfortable with them. Once the DESC210 hits I will no longer have anything but TD cars in our racing stable.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cream
Yes, It's a direct replacment for the original part. The aluminium parts are designed to keep the ball studs in the original position and plain, and only weigh 8.4g (4.2g each)
Original concept is here.
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83523
Sweet thats exactly what I wanted to hear, I will be adding both.

Thanks guy's
Old 08-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

I have ordered the Cream towers front and rear aswell as the rear weight from Tresrey. Any other tips?
I just ordered the FRONT weight from Tresrey thinking that, like my other 2wd buggies from the past, they always needed front weight. Did I miss the boat here?
SoCal
Old 08-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SoCalGuy
I just ordered the FRONT weight from Tresrey thinking that, like my other 2wd buggies from the past, they always needed front weight. Did I miss the boat here?
SoCal
He's running the car in MM4, so the weight is a different tuning option. Cush's buggy has the Cream under servo weight and battery weight up front. You're all good
Old 08-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

I have to say I was very surprised how well the buggy was planted with no weights added
Old 08-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jonny5
He's running the car in MM4, so the weight is a different tuning option. Cush's buggy has the Cream under servo weight and battery weight up front. You're all good
Thanks Jonny5

For the shocks, are these worth getting, or are the kit ones OK (I seem to have read this somewhere over the last several hundred pages):
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...or-Oil-Shock-8
Any "hints" for building the shocks?
SoCal
Old 08-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anybody that is running on outdoor large tracks should not hesitate to try rm4. I had struggled when the track dusted over with rm3 for weeks. Without changing anything other than going from rm3 to rm4, the buggy was a totally different animal. Traction went through the roof and the buggy was much more stable in the loose sections. IMO, this is what makes the 210 better than the competition. Desc210, here I come.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SoCalGuy
Thanks Jonny5

For the shocks, are these worth getting, or are the kit ones OK (I seem to have read this somewhere over the last several hundred pages):
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...or-Oil-Shock-8
Any "hints" for building the shocks?
SoCal
I've heard nothing but good things about those orings, but I've also never had any reason to try them as the stock ones have been good for me. There are a few things to do:
_
Chamfer the shock cap with a razor/xacto/large countersink. This helps seat the cap more fully over the oring.

Sand the spacer that goes between the orings to shorten it a bit, a half mm or so. Then when the orings swell (they all do, no matter the manufacturer), the orings have room to expand.

Use green slime, liberally.

And I double bleed my rear shocks. I always run zero rebound (really because I can make them consistent more than anything), but with a single bleed they always got some rebound after pumping them up by hand. So I pump the shaft 10 times, and re-bleed them. I figure it's an emulsion shock anyway so it has to have air anyway. I think not doing this is what causes some people to have issues with their shock caps, but we have never lost one (aside from gnarly, arm removing wrecks). The fronts for some reason are fine with a single bleed- odd, but that's what I've seen.

It's really a standard build IMO. I did the same stuff on my AE shocks.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have to say I was very surprised how well the buggy was planted with no weights added
It's a half a pound heavy if you run a full sized pack. I'm surprised people are adding weight at all! The buggy has more than enough tuning options to adjust the setup to where you don't need weight.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

when a track is a little bumpy, somewhat blown out or bad shape.
What do you guys prefer? less anti-squat or more anti-squat ?
Old 08-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by murky123
when a track is a little bumpy, somewhat blown out or bad shape.
What do you guys prefer? less anti-squat or more anti-squat ?
less
Old 08-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Composite chassis sounds awesome!
http://www.redrc.net/2012/08/team-du...tr/#more-57508

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.