Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Kodak Hodak,

Old 01-06-2007, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by razzor
I havent seen a reflex as it is a older car ,but I believe it was based on the early Kyosho V1R ,some one correct me if I am wrong.
Might be an idea to check for setup info for this car anddo a search on it in the Kyosho threads.
I have already told him that it is similar to the original V1R, and the handling issues he is experiensing is similar to the problems of that car.
Try using 100K front diff, 80wt oil in front shocks, 40wt in the rear, thickest roll bars and no droop screws, 4mm ride height front, 7mm rear, and a Stratus 2.1.
The main problem with the car is that the weight is nicely down the middle, but is not exactly low down.
I never got to run my V1R on Foams, I ran it on Rubbers (the main UK class back then) and often had to run a compound harder than the others.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

There you go Tbobo ,hope Nimo's info helps.
Also do some searching for V1R info and setups.
Little bit more patience and you will be sorted.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gascar 24
hey kodak
what engine u going to put i the beast
and are u going to come race at LH

paul

Sure am Paul, as a rookie i gonna give this sport a shot, hey i picked up the drifting in my nitro RC, so i guess some circuit racing is the next step.....

Plus you guys seem to have lots of fun thats for sure...!

As for Motor, going to get a Novarossi .12 LS3 and matched Novarossi Efra 2630 Inline Pipe For .12 with a Novarossi .12 Onroad Conical 5 Fins.

Some little birdy says it works well.....

And as for LH, yeah definatley... once i get the car completed ill be there....
Old 01-06-2007, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Sure am Paul, as a rookie i gonna give this sport a shot, hey i picked up the drifting in my nitro RC, so i guess some circuit racing is the next step.....

As for Motor, going to get a Novarossi .12 LS3 and matched Novarossi Efra 2630 Inline Pipe For .12 with a Novarossi .12 Onroad Conical 5 Fins.

We do have a lot of fun!
Regarding the header,
i use the same pipe on my car with the 5 fin header on a large open track but it depends on the size of the tracks you run on to whichyou race on to which header you chose as the 5 fin header is for max revs with less bottom end power, 6 fin is a medium (little less top & a little more bottom)
& 7 fin header is if you need more low end power on small tracks that you haven't got the room to wind it out.
i got 2 different headers for the extra options when i race at different tracks.
It's a great pipe and well worth the exta $$$ for a different header option
Old 01-06-2007, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Oh, and those avatars are looking great
Is there any chance that you can make one with the Australian flag and Mugen logo for me?
Old 01-06-2007, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

were you the guy i helped run in his hyper ten one friday nite at hhi
he had a scooter and wore camoflage pants

that would be the same WA species of birdy yeah
paul
Old 01-06-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

i think it was a saturday night cos i was there
Old 01-06-2007, 05:30 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T1bobo
OK NOW IM PISSED

It's been 4 days now that i have been working on my car and i still have yey to get the right setup everytime i go out and drive it all it wants to do is swing out in the rear.... i put the stock springs back on and it helped a little but not as much then i put a softer shore tire in the rear and nothing happend and now i just really dont know what to do could someone please break down each step on how to rise the ride height and the droop beacuse evertime i mess around with them its nothing but trouble also could you post pics of what i would need to play with the get the right setup(ride height,droop,etc)

PLEASE HELP ME!!
The Reflex was made by Team Magic for Trinity, and it's based on the late Kyosho V1RR. Team Magic then continued production of it as a fully optioned RTR car called the KV One RTR..... So yes, you can use all information related to the Kyosho V1 RR as for settings, parts amd the like.

Now for your handling problems, here are some tips that might help you.

How do I get my car to steer more?
There are several options here. Below are things to try:
1) Softer front tires
2) Less rear tow-in
3) Less silicone or thinner silicone in the front diff. More easy to spin.
4) Softer front springs
5) Harder rear springs
6) Less front "droop." More "on power" steering.
7) Softer front sway bar or disconnect sway bar.

How do I keep my car from spinning out?
There are several options here as well. Below are things to try:
1) Harder front tire
2) Harder front spring and damping
3) More rear toe-in. To a max of 4 degrees.
4) Stiffer front diff, more silicone in side or thicker silicone.
5) Looser rear diff. Less silicone or thinner silicone.
6) Softer rear springs.
7) Softer rear tires.
8) Raise the ride height slightly.

What is castor and how do I change it and what does it do?
Castor is the inclination of the king pin front to rear on the front end of a car. Some cars such as the KV1/Reflex and many nitro cars don't have king pins so this would be the difference of the location of the pillow balls between the upper and lower arms. As you slide the upper arm back the top of the steering knuckle leans back towards the rear of the car. The more castor you have (leaning back) the less steering you will have into the turn, but you will have more steering exiting the turn. As you decrease the castor the opposite happens. The car will turn into the corner quicker, but you will have less steering exiting the turn.

As to ¿how do you adjust droop and ride height? I suggest you go to either Hudy or Serpents web pages. They have some nice pictured guides on how and why you adjust those items

AFM
Old 01-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gascar 24
were you the guy i helped run in his hyper ten one friday nite at hhi
he had a scooter and wore camoflage pants

that would be the same WA species of birdy yeah
paul

Nah thats my mate CLIFF, i usuall head down on wednesday nights for Drifting, but i have come down on Sunday's to watch RC Nitro Comp Racing.

You might have seen me there taking photos of Vince's motor with all those lovely pieces inside...!

Plus Rob, was kind enough on the day to tune my Hyper .12, it ran rather sweet after that little fiddle he made.

"Paul do you have the Silver Body Mazda Shell with a GPX4"? with SMBU sticker on it or am i am mistaking for someone else?

Regards
Frankie
Old 01-06-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by T1bobo
OK NOW IM PISSED

It's been 4 days now that i have been working on my car and i still have yey to get the right setup everytime i go out and drive it all it wants to do is swing out in the rear.... i put the stock springs back on and it helped a little but not as much then i put a softer shore tire in the rear and nothing happend and now i just really dont know what to do could someone please break down each step on how to rise the ride height and the droop beacuse evertime i mess around with them its nothing but trouble also could you post pics of what i would need to play with the get the right setup(ride height,droop,etc)

PLEASE HELP ME!!
I guess you didn't bother to read my last post to you on page 105... If you had did what I said, you car would have been setup by now... Go figure... You will never learn how to set your car up online if you don't know what you're doing from the get go... But hey, ... Goodluck anyway.. .02

RC_Alan
Old 01-06-2007, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by itchy b
Oh, and those avatars are looking great
Is there any chance that you can make one with the Australian flag and Mugen logo for me?

Ill make one and Pm you once done.....
Old 01-06-2007, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_alan
I guess you didn't bother to read my last post to you on page 105... If you had did what I said, you car would have been setup by now... Go figure... You will never learn how to set your car up online if you don't know what you're doing from the get go... But hey, ... Goodluck anyway.. .02

RC_Alan
well he had a problem that no one has suggested a fix for. but yes its hard to sort things out for others on a forum. and yes things get taken for what they are not intended to mean sometimes. but for some one who has not long had their first car, pretty harsh words. maybe why he didnt want to go down to a track that he doesnt race at and ask some one he has never met before to say hey can you help me sort out my car ?. go figure. but the wonders of MSN. while he was in Texas USA im in Australia, and together we worked out his problem. and now he has a good idea of how to set his car up as well. the pivot balls on the rear were too tight and the rear suspension wasnt working hardly at all. now he is armed with information, maybe too much too quickly, but now he has time to work things out, plus a few extra tips, hey T1bobo. my 2c
Old 01-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Great stuff patto !!!
Old 01-06-2007, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Ill make one and Pm you once done.....
Thanks Mate,
No wonder the Aussies won the ashes 5-0 with guys willing to lend a hand to fellow Aussies

Cheers
Joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.