Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

love the body colour
Old 11-12-2017, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Painted first layer of grey acrylic paint on my Orlandoo track. Probably would take a week to completed the paints/airbrushing works.

Photos:

scoobie1 and soze like this.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

80% progress..looking good.
Ok, here the latest updates on development of 1:35 scale 4x4 Orlandoo DIY track, have added vegetation and some track objects. Looking good..yet still at 80% WIP.

Photos:

nino. likes this.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Latest track updates: LEDs lighting added for night track adventures
I've added strips of leds on the ceiling inside the caves and also around the rocky arch structure to make the track more enjoyable to drive and view around at night/in the dark for rock crawling activity indoor. Today i inviteda friend around to test around my new track, he's on hummer while i'm on my Jeep as usual. Had lots of fun climbing over lots of artificial rubbles and rocks. Glad i build this track, had super awesome time with it, i need to buy more Orlandoos soon!

Photos:

Old 12-25-2017, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

"Rubble Wasteland" 4x4 track
Sharing video of my homemade track in action with my 1:35 scale Orlandoo Jeep roaming around the extreme axle twisting obstacles, extreme climbing and vertical drops. Enjoy the adventures!

Video:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVqGO92tZJc
Old 01-09-2018, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Extreme Night Crawler adventures
Just sharing another of my 2018 new year adventure in the dark at night on my "Rubble Wasteland" LED lit track. Challenging dark side of this kick ass micro Jeep.

Video:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nv2hPf7Tdg

...keep on Jeeping!
Old 01-10-2018, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Here are some HD night snapshots during track crawling.

Photos:

Old 02-04-2018, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Here is documentation of my track build if you like to read all about it to get inspired: https://www.supermotoxl.com/designs-...crawling-track
Old 02-06-2018, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Watched the video of your crawling track looks good. I was wonder what are the dimensions of the track?
Old 02-08-2018, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

After stumbling on this thread I was impress with this tiny scale crawler. Read about it on several forums and watched a ton of Youtube videos I decided to order on for myself. I should be here is a few days I can't wait. I ordered the Orlandoo Hunter Mitsubishi Pajero 1/32
Old 02-09-2018, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gramps50
Watched the video of your crawling track looks good. I was wonder what are the dimensions of the track?
Thanks, The track dimension is 86cm in length, 67cm in width and 25cm in height.

After stumbling on this thread I was impress with this tiny scale crawler. Read about it on several forums and watched a ton of Youtube videos I decided to order on for myself. I should be here is a few days I can't wait. I ordered the Orlandoo Hunter Mitsubishi Pajero 1/32
I'm sure you're going to love it, the details and the size is very tempting and it will definately helps to fill some gap of your time crawling everywhere you want, having a portable track makes it a plus. Btw share your Pajero once it arrives in your hands.
Gramps50 likes this.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

The Pajero came to day and I started putting it together.

Front Diff

Rear Diff

Links

Diffs with links installed

Motor & transmission
Old 02-13-2018, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Did some more work on the Pajero this evening, it's now a roller.

Frame together with the front diff mounted

Rear diff mounted and tires installed

For now I have the servo mounted on the diff but will probably end up doing the mod where you mount it to the front of the frame with the servo standing on end

Need to install the electronics then I can take it for a test drive.

My biggest issue with this step was that in making the drive shafts I managed to break off 1 of the little post on 2 different little square blocks. Thought about pinning it but I didn't have a drill bit small enough to get the job done. Ordered the driveshaft tree so hopefully it will hold together until it arrives.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Put the electronics in today, sure not a lot of room in there. Ended up leaving the rx n it's case and mounting the esc to it. I have the smallest rx that Futaba makes so it's still pretty big. I'm using a Futaba 4PL for the tx, which is over kill for this little car. I'm thinking that I want a dedicated tx/rx. 3ch should be fine I don't see myself putting the sound module in.

What are you using for a radio for your Orlandoo?

Old 02-14-2018, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Put the electronics in today, sure not a lot of room in there. Ended up leaving the rx n it's case and mounting the esc to it. I have the smallest rx that Futaba makes so it's still pretty big. I'm using a Futaba 4PL for the tx, which is over kill for this little car. I'm thinking that I want a dedicated tx/rx. 3ch should be fine I don't see myself putting the sound module in.

What are you using for a radio for your Orlandoo?

Great to see your Pajero arrived and assembled. I'm using affordable FlySky GT3B radio unit that have almost the same receiver size as your. I'm remove the case and solder the connection behind the receiver PCB board to make it compact. I've put the receiver beside the motor gear case which have huge space rather than putting on top and great Center Gravity (CG) point. I've use thinner wires and trim overall wire short to reduce the weight. The all the electronics i placed at the base of the chassis to get lower CG for excellent climbing and reduce tilting problem when crawling. I didn't use the rear plastic deck because it caused much problem with the height CG placement and ease to fit battery. So the result my CG is lower and improve stability as shown attachment below photos:

Photos:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.