Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Don't you mean hudy laser etched and optimized shrink tube?
yeah. Optically controlled rate of shrinkage proportional to applied heat source.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikel33
yeah. Optically controlled rate of shrinkage proportional to applied heat source.
LOL...I've seen em!
Old 06-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Hey guy's,

Im thinking of droping down from 3.0 to 2.6 springs on the front and droping from 2.6 to 2.4 on the rear. The track is pretty slippery and im just trying to get mor traction and turn in. I think by putting the ecs drive shafts in the front will help to. Any thought's?
Old 06-12-2010, 06:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro rat
Hey guy's,

Im thinking of droping down from 3.0 to 2.6 springs on the front and droping from 2.6 to 2.4 on the rear. The track is pretty slippery and im just trying to get mor traction and turn in. I think by putting the ecs drive shafts in the front will help to. Any thought's?
if your track has low grip you could run 2.6 or 2.4 up front, and 2.4 or 2.2 in the rear. i'd also recommend you try running with and without swaybars.

the ecs shafts help only when you are seeing wheel chatter under full lock conditions. i really like the ecs parts -- but if you cannot keep your car off the boards for the entire race they might not be the best things to buy right away.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nitro rat
Hey guy's,

The ECS assembly may reduce your off power steering because of how they free up the front drivetrain. You could try a little bit of antidive or some more rear uptravel to achieve a little more steering on entry. Keep in mind when you add antidive that you're reducing your caster and affecting your front ride height and uptravel. I'd at least reset your ride height and uptravel after adding antidive. (Note that I haven't tested much with antidive, but I've read that it works. Hope you don't mind being sort of a guinea pig for this as I won't get to race again 'til mid-July.)

If you're low on grip I'd also recommend some antisquat in the rear and standing the rear shocks up one hole on the tower. The antisquat will help the car rotate in the middle and on exit, but gives forward bite on exit. Standing the rear shocks up will give you back that side bite middle and out. Don't forget to check and reset your ride height and uptravel after adding antisquat, etc.

What setup did you start with? I tested the antisquat/shock angle last weekend on a low grip track starting with Paul's Reedy setup (minus the chassis). I didn't get to test the antidive, but that was next on my list.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by punkboy
The ECS assembly may reduce your off power steering because of how they free up the front drivetrain. You could try a little bit of antidive or some more rear uptravel to achieve a little more steering on entry. Keep in mind when you add antidive that you're reducing your caster and affecting your front ride height and uptravel. I'd at least reset your ride height and uptravel after adding antidive. (Note that I haven't tested much with antidive, but I've read that it works. Hope you don't mind being sort of a guinea pig for this as I won't get to race again 'til mid-July.)

If you're low on grip I'd also recommend some antisquat in the rear and standing the rear shocks up one hole on the tower. The antisquat will help the car rotate in the middle and on exit, but gives forward bite on exit. Standing the rear shocks up will give you back that side bite middle and out. Don't forget to check and reset your ride height and uptravel after adding antisquat, etc.

What setup did you start with? I tested the antisquat/shock angle last weekend on a low grip track starting with Paul's Reedy setup (minus the chassis). I didn't get to test the antidive, but that was next on my list.
Hi Guy's,

Thanks for all your replys. I started with Kit set-up and it had no low speed turning on our slippery track so i changed it. I layed the shocks over 1 hole as it had alot of on power steering (at high speed) but no low speed steering, The back would also step out under power so then I went to 1.3 swaybar upfront, and took one shim all round out of the roll center. This helped alot. The car is the fastest out there at the moment but on corner entry it pushes a little bit and on exit under power the back keeps wanting to step out. I was going to try run 2.6 springs up front. 2.4 springs on the rear with 30wt all around. I was also going to put the ecs drive shafts in.

Thanks for your help
Old 06-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I had push on corner entry and I set more droop in the rear so I'd get weight transfer. It's current setting is 3. My rear would also step out a little and I found that laying my rear shocks down to 1 helped out quite a bit. Hope that helps.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I have done a fair bit of testing with Anti dive and I run it in my set up all the time although i am testing without it and the 6 degree hubs next practice as we are between seasons and I saw a similar set up on the Xray site and want to try it out. Not everything works for everyone and i have tested a lot of set ups to see what works for me. Try the 1st set up for starters and the 2nd if you want something more aggressive. These set ups do suffer a little when the grip comes up and are good for low to medium traction only. It's such a fiddly change to make going back changing c hubs and roll center adjusters on a race day so i just reduce my camber and toe and lay in the shocks and hope no one has tuned their car better to the track that day

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=1589&setup=t3

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=1590&setup=t3
Old 06-14-2010, 03:13 AM

lill question.
X-ray T3 vs X-ray T3R

is this meaning the end of the t3 series ?
Old 06-14-2010, 03:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lockyie
lill question.
X-ray T3 vs X-ray T3R

is this meaning the end of the t3 series ?
Nope. The T3R replaces the T2R as the beginner/value focused TC offering from XRay.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)
Default help!!!!!!!

hey guys, what is the best set up (pinion and spur gear) for novak 21.5 spec class for xray t3....

thanks you!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 03:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

be careful using droop for entry, I like to save it for exit, as there are more things you can do for entry, like tap the brakes .

usually when someone asks me how to help push on entry I wonder if they aren't overdriving the front tires, so I usually suggest Dual rate and/or slower corner entry as a start.

how is the tire wear? are you getting way more front wear than rear?
Old 06-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

This weekend I found that shortening the front links gave the car a lot more corner speed. In my mind, it should have reduced the front traction because the car is rolling less.

Could someone please explain why I picked up so much more corner speed? The car is in the upper outer position with 1 mm of shim on the hub.

Thanks,
Dane
Old 06-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dane
This weekend I found that shortening the front links gave the car a lot more corner speed. In my mind, it should have reduced the front traction because the car is rolling less.

Could someone please explain why I picked up so much more corner speed? The car is in the upper outer position with 1 mm of shim on the hub.

Thanks,
Dane
Well, You might have lost some roll traction (outside tires, by rolling less), but you also have gained some traction on inside tires (your inside tires are now pressed onto the surface more). 2 wheels turning on the front is better than lets say 1.5 wheels turning. You can roll less if you have traction.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hello,

just a small question, when lookin at spur gears and pinion, what does 48P and 64P mean?? i know its pitch but dont understand what is it!

whats different between them and when to use what ??

cheers

Ali

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.