Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 12:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Motor Mounts

Originally posted by JABRONI
It is true D, I had a machinist freind take em down for me !!!

BY the way, any info on a release date for the Front Defferential ?

I've been following this thread, however, I do not recall seeing anything about a release date.

I'm pretty sure I saw something on Mytsn about front CVD's in March or something tho ???
I heard Feb 04!
Old 01-01-2004, 05:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wink

My best wisches for 2OO4 to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And a happy RC Season
Old 01-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Default Happy New Year

Best wishes for your 2004 racing season and may the 710 rule!
Old 01-01-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally posted by InitialD

Yeah, I took a look at it. It looked like the flat spots for the grub screw mounting of the pulley adaptors are about the same area. Just the hollow mid shaft (808253) of the 705/835 is a little longer. Nothing a dremel cannot do.
A little cut off each end and lengthening one of the flats has the hollow shaft fitting very nicely.

Also, Ive been thinking about the front to rear angle of the front shocks. I'm thinking of spacing out the lower ball end to straighten them up a little, and as an added bonus, the top end will have a little more clearance from the carbon fiber. It should hold up ok as I have done it on the 835 to solve the problem it had of the dogbone rubbing the shock springs. Run a fair fer races with it spaced out and have found no drawbacks at this stage.
Old 01-01-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Jabroni.......

When do you think my setup gauges will be ready??????
Old 01-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: clutch bell & pinion gears

With the stock Centax II clutchbell housing (as well as Centax I), the holes are 180 degrees apart and directly opposite each other.

The optional lightened Centax II clutchbell is like the Centax III clutchbell and they have 3 of these holes at 120 degrees apart.

Still if you look at the Centax II clutchbell housing tool, it only makes use of a single hole on the optional lightened Centax II clutchbell. A pin will go through only one hole and it already holds the clutchbell firmly.

I'm still trying to find a 3 mm drill bit hard enough that would drill my Hudy spring steel Centax II clutchbell housing tool (909593) to align with the Centax III clutchbell holes. Once this hole is drilled, they will fit fine in the Centax III clutchbell to hold it.
Thanks, it's the II version of the tool I don't have. I'll try the HPI tool and see how that works.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok guys...i almost there...thinking of getting new engine for this Nitro burner...is Nova Max enough?

Or just JP or maybe my trusted RS5 STS???
Old 01-01-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jfc_tech
Ok guys...i almost there...thinking of getting new engine for this Nitro burner...is Nova Max enough?

Or just JP or maybe my trusted RS5 STS???
Any engine that will suite your budget will be fine. Even OS engine is good. Slap it with an outlaw inline Shark pipe and see the car flying on the straights ! Remember, no point having too much power when you cannot control it.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

InitialD, What tank did u use? the lid is different? Your lid nipple on the cetre behind the lid?
The manual suggested we put the lid nipple on the right for right hand sweeper...why? other than explained in the manual pg 22?
Old 01-01-2004, 06:35 PM
Tech Prophet

InitialD, What tank did u use? the lid is different? Your lid nipple on the cetre behind the lid?
It's the same Serpent tank from the kit. I drilled a hole and put the nipple in the center, plug the other two sides with grub screws. When I do this, I do not need to change the position of the nipple if I run clockwise / counterclockwise tracks. Not a must but just my preference.

The manual suggested we put the lid nipple on the right for right hand sweeper...why? other than explained in the manual pg 22?
I believe this has got something to do with the moment of inertia forces acting on the car (and the fuel in the tank) when the car takes the corners.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

jfc, I've tried both sides and raced clockwise as well as anticlockwise. All I can say is that ever since the AFL cap (this is standard now in all kits) was released I did not have any problems whichever side I place it.

Maybe on a huge fast and flowing track ??
Old 01-01-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
jfc, I've tried both sides and raced clockwise as well as anticlockwise. All I can say is that ever since the AFL cap (this is standard now in all kits) was released I did not have any problems whichever side I place it.
True. I actually never had any tuning problems when running clockwise or counterclockwise tracks with the same fuel nipple position on the tank.

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Maybe on a huge fast and flowing track ??
Perhaps...

p/s: Are you already back to KL? Recovering from jet lag or busy building your kit?
Old 01-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

just love this thread...i meant the racers here...just ask, everyone answer with logic answer somemore...i should had become snake earlier with the 705...hehehe

Ok, try this again...the battery pack from S705 can it be used for this 710?

D, i also cut the ball joint from the steering servo...
Old 01-01-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Ok, try this again...the battery pack from S705 can it be used for this 710?
Yes, it is the same battery pack. Any word or email from the website concerning the receiver pack?

D, i also cut the ball joint from the steering servo...
How did it work for you? You're using KO servo for steering? What length did you end up with? The servo arm 90 degrees with the servo casing or 90 degrees with the linkage?
Old 01-01-2004, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Yes, it is the same battery pack. Any word or email from the website concerning the receiver pack?
Still none...

How did it work for you? You're using KO servo for steering? What length did you end up with? The servo arm 90 degrees with the servo casing or 90 degrees with the linkage?
It works just fine...well at least on my table..hehee
Honestly...less than the 44.5(standard)...exact no proper caliper to check..mine useless. But yes 90 deg with servo casing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.