Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Xray 009 stolen from The Plex...on ebay right now please don't buy! >

Xray 009 stolen from The Plex...on ebay right now please don't buy!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray 009 stolen from The Plex...on ebay right now please don't buy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Xray 009 stolen from The Plex...on ebay right now please don't buy!

So, I wouldn't normally do this since I don't think it's anyone's business, but we had a new in the box Xray T2 009 stolen from us on Tuesday.

The dumbass put it on craigs list two days later. I emailed the guy pretending to be a buyer and he actually emailed me back. Full name and e-mail address. Got him, right?

Called the sheriff's office and gave all the information that I had. I even found the guys myspace account, and saw that this is in fact the guy that was in the store that I had suspected of stealing it.

Then he emails me again saying the item is no longer for sale.

No longer for sale because he put it on ebay tonight as a buy it now or best offer, trying to get rid of it.

Now, this is the best part. In his ebay sellers profile is a picture, again linking him as the thief.

There is one offer pending, and I'm hoping that person visits RC tech and sees this.

With tomorrow being MLK day he won't be able to ship it if someone does buy it, but I'm hoping that it doesn't get sold.

I've already reported it to ebay as stolen and the Sherrif's office is investigating. All we need is time.

Please don't e-mail the guy exposing him or anything like that.

I'd like him to stay oblivious to all this. He obviously doesn't know a thing about RC cars so I'm not worried about him finding this post, but I figured anyone who is interested in buying a T2 009 probably checks into RC Tech.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Maybe a link to the ebay ad...
Old 01-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Is this it?
Old 01-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yep, not hard to find since nobody has that car in stock right now.

I really hope they get this guy tomorrow.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This description is enuf to tell you the idiot knows hardly anything about what he has got!

Originally Posted by Idiot who stole car and posted on e-bay
Up for sale i have Team XRAY's 2009 1/10th scale 4WD electric on-road touring car. I guess this is a pretty awesome set up just not want i am interested in. Got this as a gift and really have no need for it. From what i have gathered this is the one to have. The part number is 300013 and is the eu addition. Not sure whats in the box put seems to just be the chassis and components. Please refer to Team xray website or google it to make sure its what you want, there will be no returns. Got it from an ex-girlfriend and would love to just return it but you know how that goes.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
This description is enuf to tell you the idiot knows hardly anything about what he has got!
cut his F*&king head off!!! lol
Old 01-19-2009, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

**** that!

Cut his balls off!!! lol.

Damn. So how did he snatch the car up?
Old 01-19-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I never understood the reason people do this kind of crap. It really leaves a tarnish on the hobby and the people involved in it as well. It was one of the things I had hoped died 4 years ago when I was on my hiatus. It looks like it hasn't.

I remember there was a race hosted by Old Towne Hobby in Manassass, VA. Someone had swiped someone's BRAND NEW radio from the race! I don't understand what leads people to do this crap.

If it is any consolation, I will be sure to warn the people at my track about this auction. I have it bookmarked and will show it to people.

I hope someone swindles this guy the same way he has done your store. I am very sorry for your loss.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
I never understood the reason people do this kind of crap. It really leaves a tarnish on the hobby and the people involved in it as well. It was one of the things I had hoped died 4 years ago when I was on my hiatus. It looks like it hasn't.

I remember there was a race hosted by Old Towne Hobby in Manassass, VA. Someone had swiped someone's BRAND NEW radio from the race! I don't understand what leads people to do this crap.

If it is any consolation, I will be sure to warn the people at my track about this auction. I have it bookmarked and will show it to people.

I hope someone swindles this guy the same way he has done your store. I am very sorry for your loss.

It happened years ago at the Hobbytown races in Rockville. The one thing that still sticks in my mind was the police officers comment when he found out how much these 'toys' were worth. Something to the effect of how supprised the kids were going to be at the charges since the amount was over a certain number it which made it more than just petty theft.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Isn't there way to notify ebay to pull an item because it's suspected to be stolen? I think I've seen this done before.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FroBoy
So, I wouldn't normally do this since I don't think it's anyone's business, but we had a new in the box Xray T2 009 stolen from us on Tuesday.

The dumbass put it on craigs list two days later. I emailed the guy pretending to be a buyer and he actually emailed me back. Full name and e-mail address. Got him, right?

Called the sheriff's office and gave all the information that I had. I even found the guys myspace account, and saw that this is in fact the guy that was in the store that I had suspected of stealing it.

Then he emails me again saying the item is no longer for sale.

No longer for sale because he put it on ebay tonight as a buy it now or best offer, trying to get rid of it.

Now, this is the best part. In his ebay sellers profile is a picture, again linking him as the thief.

There is one offer pending, and I'm hoping that person visits RC tech and sees this.

With tomorrow being MLK day he won't be able to ship it if someone does buy it, but I'm hoping that it doesn't get sold.

I've already reported it to ebay as stolen and the Sherrif's office is investigating. All we need is time.

Please don't e-mail the guy exposing him or anything like that.

I'd like him to stay oblivious to all this. He obviously doesn't know a thing about RC cars so I'm not worried about him finding this post, but I figured anyone who is interested in buying a T2 009 probably checks into RC Tech.

Thanks!
If you are 100% it is your stolen car, you should bid high on it i.e. $420 or something you know he'd "accept" ....then you got time before he ships it i.e. has to "wait" for you to pay. If it somehow ends up not beeing your car, you could always back out of the deal ...buyer's can't be neg'd anymore on Ebay anyways.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You should contace Ebay directly or have the cops contact Ebay.

I would have the cops order it from Ebay and pay with a postal Money order. Once it's stolen goods via the USPS it's a felony. That's the beauty of Postal money orders and the Feds will pick him up anywhere in the US. Including work.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
If you are 100% it is your stolen car, you should bid high on it i.e. $420 or something you know he'd "accept" ....then you got time before he ships it i.e. has to "wait" for you to pay. If it somehow ends up not beeing your car, you could always back out of the deal ...buyer's can't be neg'd anymore on Ebay anyways.
plus by ebays rules you have 7 days to pay for it so that stretches you to a week to get some police response.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I wish you the best of luck stopping this guy.

My experiences with e-bay/paypal have been less then steller when dealing with similar situations.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Check with the local police, it's likely that they want 2 things from you.

A) Proof that his box is exactly the stolen box (ex. serial number)
B) A witness pinpointing the guy who stole it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.