Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Internet petition to have Homer Allman removed from R/C racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm going to start my own organization called MOKA and I will hold the first big race at Homer's.

My
Organization
Kicks
Ass

Fees will be a dollar less than Roar and you will get a free t-shirt.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AWOLsoldier
I'm going to start my own organization called MOKA and I will hold the first big race at Homer's.

My
Organization
Kicks
Ass

Fees will be a dollar less than Roar and you will get a free t-shirt.
Now that is funny right dar, I don't care who you are!
Old 07-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imprsme
Now that is funny right dar, I don't care who you are!
Exactly. The next big race goes to the person who gives me the biggest bribe.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Wha...?
Old 07-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

$13.72 and a cookie, hows that grab you?
Old 07-24-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Platinum_Racing
$13.72 and a cookie, hows that grab you?
Make it two cookies and we have a deal.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AWOLsoldier
I find it funny that you would think that I would think that. It was sarcasm - google it. If you don't like the hobby then why do you have to belittle it?
Sorry dude, I wasn't talking about you. I would never think JJ would sign up and post something like this thread. His schedule wouldn't allow him to take a crap let alone worry about a BFE track owner.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

You got yourself a deal. See, now wasn't that easy? And I didn't even have to devise my own little "Watergate Scandal" to get what I needed. All I needed was a package of Toll House, and an oven. The ability to read the instructions on the package was optional, but proved helpful in the long run.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GregH
Sorry dude, I wasn't talking about you. I would never think JJ would sign up and post something like this thread. His schedule wouldn't allow him to take a crap let alone worry about a BFE track owner.
It's cool man!
Old 07-25-2005, 03:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Platinum_Racing
You got yourself a deal. See, now wasn't that easy? And I didn't even have to devise my own little "Watergate Scandal" to get what I needed. All I needed was a package of Toll House, and an oven. The ability to read the instructions on the package was optional, but proved helpful in the long run.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:03 AM
Tech Initiate

I have just a few comments.

As far as Dawn attempting to change votes....

I was on the committee and yes the committee was deadlocked and I was on the side of the Tiltyard. I contacted Dawn to get a phone number of an officer at GEARS and I told her that I planned to speak to both GEARS and Homer to find out more about their facilities.

I must say that I consider Dawn to be a friend. Dawn and I have discussed several issues concerning RC over the last year or so.

At the time I called her to get the phone number, I can tell you that she made absolutely no attempt to sway my vote. She knew my objective in making calls to the tracks was to either:

a. Confirm my vote for the Tiltyard and be able to answer questions to the committee that might sway another vote for them. or

b. Find out what I didn't know about GEARS and see if I was making the right decision.

If there had been some conspiracy against the Tiltyard, she would have said SOMETHING to try and sway me. Dawn would not be afraid to talk frankly to me, as she never had in the past.

Ultimately, I talked to GEARS for quite a while, then called Homer. It was obvious after talking to GEARS and while talking to Homer and Lisa that I was not supporting what would be best for ROAR and the participants in the Nats. I told Homer that I would probably be changing my vote so he would know who did it and why.

To repeat, Dawn made no attempt to sway my vote and she was aware that my vote was open to what my investigation found to be the best track.

I cannot speak to what was said to Mike Chapin or how he could have interpreted what was said.

Homer, don't blame Dawn for you not getting the Nats. If she did try to "sway" someone (and I am not saying she did) it didn't work. The Nats went to the best facility and if you want to blame someone, blame me.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

...end of thread...
Old 07-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Initiate

p.s.

If all of the committe members would have done due diligence and contacted each facillity, it is my opinion that there would have never been a deadlock in the first place. Seeing the bids would have made no difference in this decision, IMHO.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Dave whats done is done. I am only expressing my reason for not wanting to see dawn continue with ROAR. Everyone knows how I feel. I blame myself no one else. I was there for the entire experience, just as you were. I know what I did and what others did as well. This is a battle that is over, I took this loss and lived with it. I'll see you this weekend, we can talk futher if you want.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Dave as a side no I will commend you for calling and treating the process serious. You and I both know that some didn't and some flat out did not want to see it here. Can you say with absolute resolve, that I was treated fairly by the rest of that committee?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.