Like Tree104Likes

Yokomo YZ-4

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trident69
Norse,

again thank you so much..now waiting for our side to get the buggy, will try setting her up loose dirt.
No problem Trident. I am glad i was able to provide some helpful info for a change, usually it is the reverse as I am always asking for help with info.

This is going to be a super fun wheeler.

I think Mibosport will be updating their site today or tomorrow with all the spares and options that will have in stock regarding the YZ4.

Oh! Anyone whom is looking for a YZ4 kit that is hopped up go to LMR as they have 3 options to choose from.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mes
Tim runs a great shop! I used to order parts and pinions with him when they were out of stock for longer periods in Europe, but fortunately there is no longer need for this most of the time.
Can't wait to get my hands on my kit and parts this week, will probably pick it up on Thursday or Friday...

Thanks for the info Mes. Your right as I ordered from Tim late this past Saturday night and he already has it shipped out within 24 hours.

Talk to you soon my friend.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

If anyone has ordered or is going to order the rear rear hanger and the rear frontside hanger do not forget to pick up inserts/bushings. part number yokB4-300B
I believe some yZ2 owners may have used hanger inserts/bushings from AE B5 line. This may be incorrect but possibly someone can confirm wether or not this is an option.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

I have to say I'm very disappointed. I brought the Yz2 because it was a good value. This YZ4 after adding the hop ups, your way over priced. At the very least included the carbon towers and aluminum suspension blocks.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by jmoneym
I have to say I'm very disappointed. I brought the Yz2 because it was a good value. This YZ4 after adding the hop ups, your way over priced. At the very least included the carbon towers and aluminum suspension blocks.
Well i no there has been a lot of comparison between the yz4 and X-ray xb4 in regards to value for money inside the box and considering l own both kits i feel I'm qualified to comment and before any one jumps up and down please remember this is MY OPINION.
Ok the X-ray cost me $630 locally and comes with carbon shock towers and aluminium hangers all round and there is nothing more i feel i have to add to the XRAY.
The yokomo cost me $630 as it is the japan version i got the plastic kit, i chose to spend $200 on option parts to put it at the same quality as my X-ray, again this was my choice, some people will see no need for the hop ups as the plastics are typical yokomo quality, but i wanted the hop ups as i felt carbon towers are a must. So in short to put both buggies on a level playing field quality wise there was a $200 price difference, is this price difference worth it, that i won't no till i put them both on the track to compare, also let me add if i didn't find the yz4 cheap in japan i would never have paid the local price tag of $850, Looking inside the kit theres a lot of plastic and its not worth that, especially if you add $200 for the hop ups. Whats disappointing is i can't understand why the front hangers are aluminium but the rear are not this makes absolutely no sense, i also can't understand not having carbon towers standard across the board and in all honesty when i opened the box for the first time the first thing that came to mind was that yokomo is taking advantage of its loyal following knowing no matter what they include as standard in the kit yokomo loyalists will buy it regardless and I'm proof of that. Quality wise there is no way the yokomo is worth $400 more than the xb4.
I ill post pictures for those who want to no what you get in the kit before they make a choice. REMEMBER THIS IS MY OPINION BASED ON WHAT IN FRONT OF ME. Cant wait to get them both on the track.

Last edited by HSV427; 11-16-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Amain has them in stock.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HSV427
Well i no there has been a lot of comparison between the yz4 and X-ray xb4 in regards to value for money inside the box and considering l own both kits i feel I'm qualified to comment and before any one jumps up and down please remember this is MY OPINION.
Ok the X-ray cost me $630 locally and comes with carbon shock towers and aluminium hangers all round and there is nothing more i feel i have to add to the XRAY.
The yokomo cost me $630 as it is the japan version i got the plastic kit, i chose to spend $200 on option parts to put it at the same quality as my X-ray, again this was my choice and there was no need for the hop ups as the plastics are typical yokomo quality, but i wanted the hop ups as i felt carbon towers are a must. So in short to put both buggies on a level playing field quality wise there was a $200 price difference, is this price difference worth it, that i won't no till i put them both on the track to compare, also let me add if i didn't find the yz4 cheap in japan i would never have paid the local price tag of $850, Looking inside the kit theres a lot of plastic and its not worth that, especially if you add $200 for the hop ups. Quality wise there is no way the yokomo is worth $400 more than the xb4.
I ill post pictures for those who want to no what you get in the kit before they make a choice. REMEMBER THIS IS MY OPINION BASED ON WHAT IN FRONT OF ME. Cant wait to get them both on the track.
I agree. Never thought i would say Xray is the better value.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Mine should be in by the end of this week/early next week!

Funny enough, most compatible option parts YZ2/YZ4 are now out of stock at Amain...

Martin Paradis
Old 11-16-2015, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rhodopsine
Mine should be in by the end of this week/early next week!

Funny enough, most compatible option parts YZ2/YZ4 are now out of stock at Amain...

Martin Paradis
I have 2 hopped up Yz2 . But still I'm going to run it before I go all in.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

I purchased mine from Japan R & D for $377 as the have them for 18% off Shipped $406

There are really two version per say. Stock Kit and the Euro Kit which has CF shock towers and sway bars.

MIBOsport has just about every option part available as of today. Minus 2 or 3 parts
Old 11-17-2015, 12:12 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Can we be done with this, please? Yes, hopping up the basic YZ-4 kit is expensive. Will I get one? Absolutely! I am sure there will be a Factory version with better value for money maybe in spring or summer next year like usual for Yokomo. Like in entertainment electronics, early adopters will always pay more.
If I am not mistaken, the YZ-2 was great for the customers but horrible for the dealers, who would hardly cut any profit from such a premium kit. Spare parts? I have only destroyed a ball cup so far, and my YZ-2 has experienced some severe crashes...
Die hard Yokomo fans will pay, even those insane prices for a full set of aluminum pulleys and flanges. Everyone else is free to buy what he/her deems to be best for them, there are many exciting cars out there other than Yokomo or Xray. e.g. the Hotbodies, Carisma and depending on your track surface even the TLR.
I'd like to see some pictures and read about experiences with the YZ-4 here. If the price/kit contents discussion goes on in this thread, it may well become like the AE turnbuckle and ballcup threads. Let us get over it and focus on what will hopefully be the car I have been waiting for since I could not afford a Works '91.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

I never could afford, i was too young and didn't have a proper job, a MR4 BX (the last belt driven), but got one now.

The YZ-2 is really bad for dealers. The car has everything you need (maybe 1.6+1.7 machined pistons is all you really need to add) and nothing ever breaks. Yes, the YZ-4 looks expensive, but if you look back to the B-Max4 and even back to the MR4 BX, prices didn't really change at all.

I think, out of the box, the YZ-4 is actually a great kit. Yes, it doesn't have all the bling, but knowing Yokomo they design and release a kit that is really bang for the buck. I will be building my personal YZ-4 coming Sunday. Box is waiting for me.

And for those who don't like thin bodies, a heavy duty body is included in the kit. Yay!
Old 11-17-2015, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Well said! Just about every product has upgrades and options. Thus being so RC car companies and dist. have to make a profit margin substantial enough to stay in the game.
This is no different than any other business as breaking even is not good enough.

Personally I have bought just about every upgrade that currently available for the YZ4.
Is it necessary probably not but for me it's all about personal preference, thus I do with all my rc cars.

I think once people get their YZ4's built and have a chance to run them it will be "game on"
Old 11-17-2015, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

So whos driven one yet?
Old 11-17-2015, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmoneym
I agree. Never thought i would say Xray is the better value.
Hence why I went with Kyosho.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.