Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro 4 vs. SSG

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

I've decided to run a pro 4 with a novak 58000 brushless system. thanx everyone for the advise. But I think I've made a good decision. I just have to empty my wallet lol.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:05 AM
PMR
Tech Apprentice

You wont regret it
Old 01-17-2005, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

One thing if you haven't empties the wallet yet,
Part support where you live and race.....I have to get all my Yok parts on line but don't mind cause Steve Wang from www.speedtechrc.com gets the parts to me almost always next day so not really a problem. The one thing I will say about the SSG or the CGM you have many options for your driving style. If you find it is not as easy to drive with the SSG you can get the switch kits (CGM & Rayspeed(upgrade kit is not really what they are but anyway)) to adjust for what you like best. I like the Rayspeed conversion as it gives me more steering responce than the stock SSG and also the shock towers of the Rayspeed give you many more options. (Yes the Rayspeed towers fit all the kits) The Yok car has so many possibilities that for less than the cost of a new kit you can try every one of those possibilities. AND HOW MANY Pro 4 adjustments are there. YES HARA and MASAMI could drive a Duratrax Street Force to the worlds. Just my two pennies.

Stephen <><
Old 01-17-2005, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by pops
A poll? Your sounding a lot like Bill Clinton....
Or W...

Back to R/C:

If you hit things when you race (not expert), stay away from the Pro 4. Tap a board and it develops a mind of its own. You'll be up on the stand messing with trim. Seriously...I sold mine after amonth or two. Handled great, though.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

does masami use a cgm special?
Old 01-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by axel
does masami use a cgm special?
I believe he's usually piloting an SDW now.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

I purchased a Pro4 6 months ago,and LOVE it.It is my first touring car and had had NO problems with it on the track.Right out of the box,I was running with the top guys at our local tracks.Had some minor problems with diffs and tweek,I found my oun fix for both, now I have NO PROBLEMS WITH EITHER THE DIFFS OR THE TWEEK THING!
Get the Pro4,you will love it!!
Old 01-17-2005, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

All you need to do is get ream out the holes for the inner diff case screws. Then you will get no tweak. The version 1.1 (every kit is now a 1.1) has new gears and you will not break any.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

is it neccassary to buy titanium screws for the car?
Old 01-17-2005, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

NO....but they look cool!!
Old 01-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

do ti screws actally look diferent? i know they are stronger and lighter.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

ok so i went to the shop to to see my future pro 4 the guy asked me if i was going to race carpet. I said both pavement and carpet. I knew that there was the 3mm chassis for carpet and the 2mm chassis for pavement. I thought would it really be a big deal to race the pro 4's 2mm chassis on carpet, but the guy said it really makes a difference. So to sum things up if I race a pro 4 with a standard 2mm chassis should I forget racing carpet without the 3mm chassis.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I say get the CGM and you can do both, asphalt and carpet. I like the SD for asphalt do to weight. I still think if you aren't an experienced driver go with the Yok it is much more forgiving. I am not a Pro or a expert but I have been driving my Yok SD (rayspeed) and it has excepted all the abuse of the Sportsman level and it hasn;t tweeked or given me much problems even after hitting a few boards and getting hacked by even more unexperienced drivers than myself. Do yourself a favor and ask the guys who own each of them and ask to take a couple of laps and see what feels good to you and remember what level you are racing at. If you are a PRO or you are in Expert class, then go forth and race a Pro 4.
Hope that this all helps,
I also say if you are just looking for a the next big racer, wait a few weeks and get the JRSX, that looks as to be the car to watch in the next few months.
Just my two pennies,
Stephen <><
Old 01-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Mal

The stock pro 4 chassis is 2.5mm. The optional chassis are 3mm and 2mm. The 2.5mm chassis is a good all around chassis that should be good for both carpet and asphalt.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

well after hearing all these good news of the sd I would buy it, it is just that I bought a yokomo before and well everything just broke the screws were pieces of sh!t , it wouldnt run right. It was the yokomo drifter. But since the sd cars are higher end, I expect it to be bettter, but I'm still skeptical of yokomo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.