Wiki Posts
Search

OS TR engine thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default OS TR .12 R spec

If any of you guys are having problems getting this eng, PM me I have two new ones which I dont plan on using.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by BrainTeased
Hi may i ask what mods did you get done to your motor? just wondering if i should get both my crank and sleeve modded or just the sleeve.
I had both the sleeve and crank worked on. I'll see if I can get pics loaded up.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: OS TR .12 R spec

Originally posted by vadn1
If any of you guys are having problems getting this eng, PM me I have two new ones which I dont plan on using.
how much?and do you have paypal?
Old 11-27-2004, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

has anyone heard that sirio made a piston and sleeve for the ostr engine. is this true?? if so, how much will this kind of piston and sleeve cost.

Last edited by doki_doki; 12-01-2004 at 02:42 AM.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

very early on sirio made an aac 5 port sleeve for it, but i am 99% sure it was discontinued...
Old 11-27-2004, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ok, ive had my tr turbo for about a gallon of fuel and have been very dissapointed in its performance. I went to the track today and discovered the main front bearing has a leak, and a bad one, if i pressurize the engine fuel just pours out the bearing. Im not sure how long its been leaking as i didnt think to check it untill i realized today i had fuel under the engine. as far as performace i knew something was wrong today because it had a constant idle problem and was getting real hot when rich. so the leak explains it. before the leak problem tho the engine seemed to have very little bottom end power, but ok top end power, and no matter how much tuning was done to it it always seemed to run very rich and didnt really perform well runing at 220 degrees. When leaned out too 240ish it seemed to be fine on the top end but not on the bottom and was still rich. So i need to call os and send the engine in to be fixed, but i heard somebody saying they werent doing warranty for this engine because it was discontinued, is this true?
Old 12-01-2004, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by smracer31
ok, ive had my tr turbo for about a gallon of fuel and have been very dissapointed in its performance. I went to the track today and discovered the main front bearing has a leak, and a bad one, if i pressurize the engine fuel just pours out the bearing. Im not sure how long its been leaking as i didnt think to check it untill i realized today i had fuel under the engine. as far as performace i knew something was wrong today because it had a constant idle problem and was getting real hot when rich. so the leak explains it. before the leak problem tho the engine seemed to have very little bottom end power, but ok top end power, and no matter how much tuning was done to it it always seemed to run very rich and didnt really perform well runing at 220 degrees. When leaned out too 240ish it seemed to be fine on the top end but not on the bottom and was still rich. So i need to call os and send the engine in to be fixed, but i heard somebody saying they werent doing warranty for this engine because it was discontinued, is this true?
i think os does not cover warraty for the ostr turbo engine mainly because it's a high performance engine. what i do know is that they carry warranty for the bashing type of engines like the os cv series. by the way, it's the first time i have heard about a poorly performing os engine. all the os engines i have bought are in very good condition. in fact, i have an os hyper cv engine is use for bashing around and still in very good condition considering its 3 years old. no parts have been changed yet...
Old 12-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ive owned os's in the past, thats wy i a surprised i am having such difficulty. I mean no os engine ive had has been very competitive but i just wanted something that would be decent and reliable, and i guess the tr isnt that motor. btw im going to try and send my engine in, ill post here what they have to say.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by smracer31
ive owned os's in the past, thats wy i a surprised i am having such difficulty. I mean no os engine ive had has been very competitive but i just wanted something that would be decent and reliable, and i guess the tr isnt that motor. btw im going to try and send my engine in, ill post here what they have to say.
ok bro...let me know what os has to say about your engine...
Old 12-04-2004, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

guys i've countered my heat problem with lowering the body as much as i could! too the point it scraps the ground when running with very low foam tyres. it was a unexpecting find as i did this as an experiment as i witnessed all the other pro drivers at my club having their bodies very extremely low. now the window hole covers most of the bottom part of my engine as well now. and now im running 230-240F at the speed i use to run at 270...
Old 12-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BrainTeased
guys i've countered my heat problem with lowering the body as much as i could! too the point it scraps the ground when running with very low foam tyres. it was a unexpecting find as i did this as an experiment as i witnessed all the other pro drivers at my club having their bodies very extremely low. now the window hole covers most of the bottom part of my engine as well now. and now im running 230-240F at the speed i use to run at 270...
thanks for the tip bro...
Old 12-29-2004, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

guys...can a novarossi heat sink be fitted on to an OS tr....
Old 12-29-2004, 02:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

nah it cant i was hopping the same as well when i first got my OS TR with that small blue head

if you can try and get a 11 fin carlson head off rcmart
Old 12-30-2004, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

actually i just got the os tr...haven't broken it yet... is it ok to use novarossi turbo inline pipe with the os...? thanks
Old 12-31-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

...i've just starting to break in my motor...

but it seems whenever i take off the glow heater it stall....

i've ask somebody and he told me that with o.s. the 1st 1 or 2 tanks with the glow heater on till the tank empty...is this quite true... after that only possible to break in without the glow heater on???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.