Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have replaced the Ackermann to the TD alloy one as it was $9.

Installed exotek rear alloy hubs after ripping the ball stud clean out of the plastic one.

Installed a Sumo racing camber link as I snapped the stock gearbox at the ball stud mounting point + new gbox.

Have snapped a front right C-hub but replaced with the same part number and noticed it is thicker in alot of spots so perhaps a revision from the kit one by TD.

I have a spare set of towers just in case of a failure but if it happens I will get carbon front and rear.

This is from 2 race meets so hopefully the breaking will stop.

All these breakages happened on landing apart from the front C-hub that was into a barrier off a jump at full speed so it was to be expected.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pittster
I have replaced the Ackermann to the TD alloy one as it was $9.

Installed exotek rear alloy hubs after ripping the ball stud clean out of the plastic one.

Installed a Sumo racing camber link as I snapped the stock gearbox at the ball stud mounting point + new gbox.

Have snapped a front right C-hub but replaced with the same part number and noticed it is thicker in alot of spots so perhaps a revision from the kit one by TD.

I have a spare set of towers just in case of a failure but if it happens I will get carbon front and rear.

This is from 2 race meets so hopefully the breaking will stop.

All these breakages happened on landing apart from the front C-hub that was into a barrier off a jump at full speed so it was to be expected.
  • Aluminum ackerman good investment
  • Aluminum hex's also good investment
  • Rear hub, all you really need is the long ball stud and a nut to be bulletproof, aluminum not needed
  • Several companies make aluminum front c-hubs and are a great buy
Old 10-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

RM4 parts came in! Too bad I blew up my ESC. Hopefully I'll be able to rig something up before this Monday and even get some time with RM4 to get it dialed in.

Last edited by iTz Nicholas72; 10-09-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72
RM4 parts came in! T
you may like it. all I ever ran is MM4... even in my DESC. I always liked the feel.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jonsee
you may like it. all I ever ran is MM4... even in my DESC. I always liked the feel.
I might try MM4 since it would he a quick swap but with how low bite the track is I have a feeling I'll have better luck with RM4.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I might try MM4 since it would he a quick swap but with how low bite the track is I have a feeling I'll have better luck with RM4.
Try it but I definitely don't think of it as a quick swap. Wires rerouted/switch the camber links/reset camber
Old 10-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shagino
Try it but I definitely don't think of it as a quick swap. Wires rerouted/switch the camber links/reset camber
I'd be willing to run RM4 one qualifier than MM4 then the next and switch back to RM4 if I felt smoother with it. Quick enough if I'm willing to tackle it between heats haha!

Though I am buying another RTR since it's not much more than an ESC and the Type B chassis upgrade. Something like $60 for an extra roller my cost which is stupid to pass up. Why have spares when I could have a spare buggy minis ESC/Servo/Receiver.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

I'd be willing to run RM4 one qualifier than MM4 then the next and switch back to RM4 if I felt smoother with it. Quick enough if I'm willing to tackle it between heats haha!

Though I am buying another RTR since it's not much more than an ESC and the Type B chassis upgrade. Something like $60 for an extra roller my cost which is stupid to pass up. Why have spares when I could have a spare buggy minis ESC/Servo/Receiver.
Very true!

A friend just got the desc210 RTR from tower. They threw in all the B chassis parts!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by shagino
Very true!

A friend just got the desc210 RTR from tower. They threw in all the B chassis parts!
I just got two of them from tower a red one for myself and the blue one for a friend who otherwise would not have been able to afford the purchase. The red one came with all the extra b chassis parts the blue one did not. Should I change out the chassis and parts straight away or is it not something that will make a big difference in handling?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by homershoots
I just got two of them from tower a red one for myself and the blue one for a friend who otherwise would not have been able to afford the purchase. The red one came with all the extra b chassis parts the blue one did not. Should I change out the chassis and parts straight away or is it not something that will make a big difference in handling?
It's for durability to fix the weak points on the original DimeC and DimeC20 chassis'.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

Oh ok. Looking forward to running this class should be fun. I haven't run it yet and will run it with the rtr radio until my m11x reciever shows up. Deffo want to change out the servo do you guys recommend a low profile or mini servo? Or is just a standard high speed servo ok? Not sure what to use coming from 1/8
Old 10-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh ok. Looking forward to running this class should be fun. I haven't run it yet and will run it with the rtr radio until my m11x reciever shows up. Deffo want to change out the servo do you guys recommend a low profile or mini servo? Or is just a standard high speed servo ok? Not sure what to use coming from 1/8
I have yet to run mine myself as well. But everyone I know just runs the normal sized servos. I'm sure a Low profile would work fine but I don't see any major needs to run one.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

I'd call Tower and ask them about the parts. Personally, I'd change out the chassis for convenience. Seems easier to do it now. It shouldn't change handling though.

I use a normal servo but I know a guy who used a low profile before the switched cars. Depends how much you crash.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

with a low profile servo you can run the battery in the most forward position, a full size servo blocks the screw holes for the forward battery block.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Ok good to know, an extra tuning option is always a good thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.