2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 05:44 AM
Tech Addict

Back to topic : I've heard the X-Rays will come with some new parts (supposedly C-Hubs, not a shaft car ). The video (nice video by the way man) shows an X-Ray (which is obviously a FK with ery hard top deck) with alloy C-Hubs and Hubs, any idea if these are the new parts and if so, what's the difference (I'm mainly asking you guys that are or have been there and had a chance to watch the cars).

Cheers.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:45 AM
SBH
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by C van der Hagen
@SBH

I think you are correct.
But how do you know?
Hi there
Steen is my good friend, so I know
He calls me every night and give me the details of the day
I cross my fingers that he will stay in the A-final!!

Sincerely
Søren Boy Holst
Denmark
Old 10-29-2004, 05:49 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Spools

Originally posted by Robz
When looking at the Orion live coverage you can see Marcs car with delrin outdrives on the front, this leads me to think that it is a TIR spool, (I thought they were only reccommended for stock/19T!!!) also reguarding setup change i think that he is using lightweight front setup and long agressive link, maybe no spacers under rear suspension blocks all in attempt to get the car to bite when turning in, the problem when ive tried a spool is serious push entering a corner, as well as huge chatter from somthing??!!
Yep you're right, these are delrin outdrives, so it looks like a TIR spool (I didn't knew they made one for the 415, or maybe it's a Tamiya part ?).

Longer links and no spacers, that would look like he's running a very low RC, and he's using ARB's aswell (but what thickness ?).

Anyone spotted Maezumi's 415 on the pit's video ?
Old 10-29-2004, 05:53 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.fseara.org/gallery/album52/DSC_9249

What body is that? It looks like Stratus but which one?
Also, what wing do they use on the Mazda 6 bodies?

Thank you

Nick
Old 10-29-2004, 05:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

i havent watched the pit video yet, can you see it, do you think that marcs running no spacer under the rear wishbones or is he using EVO mounts that include 1mm material on the bottom anyway?? that would definatly give you more turn in, TIR are meant to be making the spool for 415 but i didnt know they had actually made them yet, maybe i should give one a whirl again.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Myberg is running a protoform 2.0 stratus in that picture with its wing, I dont think you can mix and match wings unless they are approved for that body (like the tamiya body).

When i saw myberg's car in the pits during 12th scale, he had an extender on the rear outside hub to move the camber link postition up and shorter. And the c-hubs in the front looked larger than normal...
Old 10-29-2004, 06:13 AM
Shop Owner

Thank you for the reply.

From the pictures I've seen many Mazda's don't use the one that comes with the body. That's why I'm asking

Nick
Old 10-29-2004, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://homepage.mac.com/djcroy/2004_...ds/Menu15.html

I guess these are the videos?
Old 10-29-2004, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Robz
i havent watched the pit video yet, can you see it, do you think that marcs running no spacer under the rear wishbones or is he using EVO mounts that include 1mm material on the bottom anyway?? that would definatly give you more turn in, TIR are meant to be making the spool for 415 but i didnt know they had actually made them yet, maybe i should give one a whirl again.
The only proper close up is on an X-Ray, buy you can see that Satoshi is running a 415 (presumably MS).
Old 10-29-2004, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by stormperson
Myberg is running a protoform 2.0 stratus in that picture with its wing, I dont think you can mix and match wings unless they are approved for that body (like the tamiya body).

When i saw myberg's car in the pits during 12th scale, he had an extender on the rear outside hub to move the camber link postition up and shorter. And the c-hubs in the front looked larger than normal...
Thanks for the info man.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've heard the X-Rays will come with some new parts (supposedly C-Hubs, not a shaft car ). The video (nice video by the way man) shows an X-Ray (which is obviously a FK with ery hard top deck) with alloy C-Hubs and Hubs, any idea if these are the new parts and if so
I have not seen the vidio yet but from what you are describing I think those are the ALU c hub suspension that have been out for a long time.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=528

that is what I think it is.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by scmicromike
I have not seen the vidio yet but from what you are describing I think those are the ALU c hub suspension that have been out for a long time.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=528

that is what I think it is.
I know they have been out since the last worlds, but these were looking a bit different. Besides, only a few drivers use the alloy ones nowadays.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default New Losi

Any idea whether the team is running a lot of prototype parts on the Losi. The video seemed to show aluminum arm mounts. Is this car gonna be a good one when the kit is available?
Old 10-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by turbosnail
he always use hotbodies stratus shell..i think

Masami and billy easton are both running the new yokomo stratus bodies.
the body of choice seems to be either the protoform mazda or yokomo
stratus.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Since the car isn't in production yet, doesn't that make the whole car a prototype?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.