Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity D3.5 17.5 deemed illegal by ROAR

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

We kind of do that at my local track. We have Stock - 17.5 blinky, Expert - Open Motor and Pro - Open Motor and your a pro.

It kind of sucks though because you still have hacks that think they are pro.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
You don't even need to stop there.. screw even skill based classes, cause all you get are sandbaggers. What we need is ONE open class, and everything gets separated by the mains. Fast guys end up in the A, medium guys in the B, etc...
Do you like racing mod with a stock driver that cant hold a line or doesn't allow you to pass? There has to be a better way.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You don't even need to stop there.. screw even skill based classes, cause all you get are sandbaggers. What we need is ONE open class, and everything gets separated by the mains. Fast guys end up in the A, medium guys in the B, etc...
lol, on the ride home from CRCRC I was talking about the 'good ole days' (mid to late 90's) where we only had mod buggy and gas truck and the 80-100 entries you got were all in those two classes. Now there's like 8 classes and the same 80 entries.

I would love for it to be 2wd, 4wd, and truck and that's it....even if truck was short bus *vomit*
Old 01-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

That is true. When I went to Mod nats in 2003, I got owned by the pros, then reshuffled to a slower group. Then I was able to race with guys close to my speed and it was fun. Imo racing with guys close in speed is the most fun. I never understood sand baggers. I think I finished in like the G or H main, but it was fun. And with practice maybe next time the F main and so. With lipos and all motors the same price or close to it, no reason for not having all open classes.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevmaro
Do you like racing mod with a stock driver that cant hold a line or doesn't allow you to pass? There has to be a better way.
you can just shuffle the heats and by the main everyone is where they should be. And the motor has nothing to do with it. I have seen guys with 17.5 win the mod class. And even a step further. I wont name tracks, but i have seen the RD group people based on skill before the first heat starts. I see nothing wrong with this. The RD will know the regulars and how fast they are. Why put a hack with pros?
Old 01-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It kind of sucks though because you still have hacks that think they are pro.
And you probably have pros that are hacks, too.

It's easy - as long as there are enough entries, you resort after the first qualifier and run the rest of the event like that. If you're so good, you shouldn't be held up by slower traffic (its not the other guys fault that you can't pass) and once the heats are reshuffled you'll have drivers together who can run on the same pace.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Can't because of legal issues to come. In the end ROAR will win this and pushing your weight around won't work this time. It will all come out eventually and opinions will be a lot different. Its ashame someone is trying to pull and Lance Armstrong on the consumer.
Oh please, don't come in here with your I know something you guys don't but can't tell you bull it makes you come across as a moron.

If a company tests and determines a component to be legal and the manufacturer has not changed the tolerances of the product as confirmed by ROAR it is their sole responsibility to acknowledge their error. Which instead of screwing over countless hobby enthusiasts could have resulted in a broadening or clarification of the rules and a generous grace period before a change comes in to effect. They have failed to be a unbiased and fair sanctioning body and should be bullied by not only manufacturers but their paying and contributing members.

Last edited by Kraig; 01-18-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Several other stock motors are still waiting ROAR approval, will Trinity have company in the rejection column??????? Trinity says built to ROAR spec as well as others waiting approval.... could be interesting.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Then put them in the B main. Problem solved.

I believe the better big races also have an interesting thing......I think it's called a "drive through penalty".

Mod is the real stock, that's where the fair racing is. I'm not sure I agree with the on road cars having a spec motor either. They're down to just 1 cell shorty lipo, how much power can a motor pull from that.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

+1
Old 01-18-2013, 02:12 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29
Oh please, don't come in here with your I know something you guys don't but can't tell you bull, it makes you come across as a moron.

If a company tests and determines a component to be legal and the manufacturer has not changed the tolerances of the product as confirmed by ROAR it is their sole responsibility to acknowledge their error. Which instead of screwing over countless hobby enthusiasts could have resulted in a broadening or clarification of the rules and a generous grace period before a change comes in to effect. They have failed to be a unbiased and fair sanctioning body and should be bullied by not only manufacturers but their paying and contributing members.
Sorry. I will be laughing down the road!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ilanstylz; 01-18-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Took out profanity in quoted post
Old 01-18-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Why don't we just as a whole community of rctech create or own race organization?

Say I know lots of way we could make a great organization.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29
Oh please, don't come in here with your I know something you guys don't but can't tell you bull, it makes you come across as a moron.

+1

Last edited by ilanstylz; 01-18-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Edited out profanity in quote.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I dont know why Kevin Motter and others dont run mod. I am sure they can control the power.
@ KO Race he was running mod and did really well. I heard he beat cav @ WCRC club race in 4wd mod.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Sorry. I will be laughing down the road!!!!!!!!
You will be laughing about what? You obviously do not know anything more than anyone else. You can't claim knowledge of something vague and then later claim that whatever the result is was your secret knowledge. That's a trick that self aggrandizing twits use to make themselves feel important.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.