Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
NEW OS 21 XZ-B and Speed XZ-B >

NEW OS 21 XZ-B and Speed XZ-B

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

NEW OS 21 XZ-B and Speed XZ-B

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Black Friday Preorder Special

Bitty Edition OS Speed XZB - $419.95
Old 11-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrakeTurnAccelerate
Black Friday Preorder Special

Bitty Edition OS Speed XZB - $419.95
Man, that's a nice looking design on the head. Never heard of this Falcon brand before but they sure make some nice looking rebadged XZB's. And finally, an XZB Speed-based engine other than the Ninja whose designers thought about the fact that we actually have to bolt these engines into a car and the head happens to be in the way just a little bit. Dunno why all manufacturers don't machine out those scallops to allow the hex wrench some room so we can get a straight shot at the bolt head.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by aaron125
Man, that's a nice looking design on the head. Never heard of this Falcon brand before but they sure make some nice looking rebadged XZB's. And finally, an XZB Speed-based engine other than the Ninja whose designers thought about the fact that we actually have to bolt these engines into a car and the head happens to be in the way just a little bit. Dunno why all manufacturers don't machine out those scallops to allow the hex wrench some room so we can get a straight shot at the bolt head.

The engine pictured is nothin close to a speed....its got the same soft, lame crank as the vspecs which is really the greatest attribute of a speed or ninja...the only other major difference is the exhaust port shape...the speed and ninja r a lil more refined...dont make the mistake of buyin a new engine with a pricetag like that one and get burned with a $45 fishin weight for a crank...details r everything...its got the cheezy plastic carb reducers, im almost positive youll find just a xzb vspec p/s inside as well as the standard vspec button...$240 engine that while hard to tell, looks like it doesnt even have the new low pro head design either.....i have a sidewinder xzb that showed pretty substantial crank pin wear after a gallon and a half...same garb as the vzb vspecs....a dlc os crank will outlast you, the p/s, bearings, etc so long as you dont bend one and start makin bearing surface wear on it...
Old 11-23-2012, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

Tried new ninja 2042 pipe and mugen manifold out today on xzb....wut a disappointment... youll find it in wts thread shortly....not impressed at all....very restrictive imo and generated a smaller tuning window than the 2041 reckward with an average temp consistantly 20 degrees hotter too....the 2060 felt and sounded best with a 2050 L shape header on it imo.. ...just a couple pennys i wanted to share..
Old 11-23-2012, 02:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oilguy
The engine pictured is nothin close to a speed....its got the same soft, lame crank as the vspecs which is really the greatest attribute of a speed or ninja...the only other major difference is the exhaust port shape...the speed and ninja r a lil more refined...dont make the mistake of buyin a new engine with a pricetag like that one and get burned with a $45 fishin weight for a crank...details r everything...its got the cheezy plastic carb reducers, im almost positive youll find just a xzb vspec p/s inside as well as the standard vspec button...$240 engine that while hard to tell, looks like it doesnt even have the new low pro head design either.....i have a sidewinder xzb that showed pretty substantial crank pin wear after a gallon and a half...same garb as the vzb vspecs....a dlc os crank will outlast you, the p/s, bearings, etc so long as you dont bend one and start makin bearing surface wear on it...
The engine pictured is an OS XZB with a black crankcase and carb. No one has tried to make it out to be anything more than that, heck it's even called the B-Power 21XZ-B... Yes, it is a low profile cooling head. Crank wear is fine. Only seems to be one person on here beating the drum that XZB cranks wear out. The engine pictured above is $279

If you don't trust the crank, the Bitty Edition Speed XZB is only $419. I don't think anyone will be able to beat that price.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Got a brand new XZ crank for ya (or anyone), $55 shipped.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rsickles
Got a brand new XZ crank for ya (or anyone), $55 shipped.
me too...brand new take out that i replaced with dlc bo2....not to chop ya off at the knees ,but i think i had $50 on mine in wts thread also...
Old 11-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

The engine pictured is an OS XZB with a black crankcase and carb. No one has tried to make it out to be anything more than that, heck it's even called the B-Power 21XZ-B... Yes, it is a low profile cooling head. Crank wear is fine. Only seems to be one person on here beating the drum that XZB cranks wear out. The engine pictured above is $279

If you don't trust the crank, the Bitty Edition Speed XZB is only $419. I don't think anyone will be able to beat that price.

Yes, u r obviously correct on the pictured falcon to be an xzb based motor, i just got the impression people were thinkin it was speed based which is another animal completely......and as far as I knew it was commen knowledge that OS uncoated cranks were known to be soft material when compared to picco or novas, stemming from the vzb days....the xzb vspec is identical to a bo2 ninja crank with the exception of the dlc making the heart of the powerplant (crank) last maybe only 1/3 as long....no disrespect involved nor was i intentionly bashing the engine...it looked as if it was an overpriced vspec that are $230/240 all day, everyday...while if in fact a bitty speed is identical to the xzb speed, $420 would be a spot on # for street price....
Old 11-23-2012, 10:36 AM
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The engine pictured is an OS XZB with a black crankcase and carb. No one has tried to make it out to be anything more than that....
Originally Posted by aaron125
...finally, an XZB Speed-based engine other than the Ninja...
I think oilguy was just responding to aaron125's comment which actually does imply that the engine pictured is "Speed-based".

Thank you for quickly correcting that and making it clear that it is an XZB .

The Bitty Edition Speed is a great looking version with that blue anodizing, and certainly at a price that can't be beat! In fact if that price is still good next week I'll be purchasing one.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Tried new ninja 2042 pipe and mugen manifold out today on xzb....wut a disappointment... youll find it in wts thread shortly....not impressed at all....very restrictive imo and generated a smaller tuning window than the 2041 reckward with an average temp consistantly 20 degrees hotter too....the 2060 felt and sounded best with a 2050 L shape header on it imo.. ...just a couple pennys i wanted to share..

+1 on L shape header with 2060....tried couple more things this morning, if anyone has an L header and hasnt tried it with the 2060 yet, id recommend given it a try....completely different pipe almost than when using the mugen smooth bend manifold...using it in truggy too though...
Old 11-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HH
I think oilguy was just responding to aaron125's comment which actually does imply that the engine pictured is "Speed-based".

Thank you for quickly correcting that and making it clear that it is an XZB .

The Bitty Edition Speed is a great looking version with that blue anodizing, and certainly at a price that can't be beat! In fact if that price is still good next week I'll be purchasing one.

Thank you HH, ur correct.....and on new motor! Lol

Wuts HH? Heavy Hitter...
Old 11-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Wuts HH? Heavy Hitter...

It is seriously pimp!

http://rscrono.com/index.php?main_pa...&products_id=2
Old 11-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wuts HH? Heavy Hitter...
harley hall is his name. that bitty speed is sick with it. the also have the regular xz-b speed on special -rc right now $399.99, free shipping. check out the listing on ebay
Old 11-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Drill your own xzb heads super easy and the looks speak for themselves....OS already gives you starter holes basically layed out on the bottom ring so you dont even need to layout and center punch the holes...i use a 7/32 drill bit and mark the bit with a wrap or two of electrical tape as a depth guage....leather glove and hold on tight...
Attached Thumbnails NEW OS 21 XZ-B and Speed XZ-B-20121123_141317.jpg  
Old 11-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HH
Yes, u r obviously correct on the pictured falcon to be an xzb based motor, i just got the impression people were thinkin it was speed based which is another animal completely......and as far as I knew it was commen knowledge that OS uncoated cranks were known to be soft material when compared to picco or novas, stemming from the vzb days....the xzb vspec is identical to a bo2 ninja crank with the exception of the dlc making the heart of the powerplant (crank) last maybe only 1/3 as long....no disrespect involved nor was i intentionly bashing the engine...it looked as if it was an overpriced vspec that are $230/240 all day, everyday...while if in fact a bitty speed is identical to the xzb speed, $420 would be a spot on # for street price....
No hard feelings, I just wanted to make sure it was clear that we weren't trying to pass off the B-Power as a Speed.

From everything I've been told, the XZB cranks are different materials (harder) than the VZB cranks. Not saying yours didn't wear out quickly, but If the majority of people were wearing them out in 2 gallons, I think we'd hear a LOT more about the issue--that's less than even VZ-B's lasted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.