Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
tex- the table that vad posted is also wrong. for the rear when you run 0f/0r you are setting it to 2 anti and 3 toe. so to get the stock truggy block setting you need to run 1+ in the front and 1in for the rear to give you 3 anti 2 toe.
It sounds interestingly. May be we have different braces? Or different Set-up Systems?

I'm not using instruction at the time of assembling. Only got exact match with stock braces. After that I've verified toe-in and anti-squat, with 0.5 insert up in the front and 0.5 insert inside in the rear I have 3 degree anti-squat and 2 degree toe-in. I haven't verified all other angles.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rescuemann
I am having issues with the steering. I think that it is in the servo saver/spring. I have noticed a decline in my steering nimbleness on my truggy. I have not noticed any problems in my buggy other that the normal slop. I have tightned the nut to increase tension on the spring. I have a JR 9000S for the steering. should I loosen up the spring again? I have no idea hoe to resolve the issue other than replacing everything.
The S is a little weak for that application IMO, I'd have used the 9000T. The quick .06 response is nice, but lacks torque and is really only useful in an onroad application.

I used a 9000S for my throttle and a 9000T for my steering (double the torque) and it is an amazing setup. http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d5...y/IMG_1821.jpg Perhaps you can sell one of the 9000s and bump a 9000T into the steering spot.

It won't directly affect your steering woes until you tighten that nut, but once you do it'll be a nice welcome once you feel 370oz on the front wheels. I'm assuming you are running two 9000S servos right now.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by vlad_vy
It sounds interestingly. May be we have different braces? Or different Set-up Systems?

I'm not using instruction at the time of assembling. Only got exact match with stock braces. After that I've verified toe-in and anti-squat, with 0.5 insert up in the front and 0.5 insert inside in the rear I have 3 degree anti-squat and 2 degree toe-in. I haven't verified all other angles.
they made the braces so it is the same as the buggy stock plate that is 3 toe 2 anti with the 0/0 insert. Also, with the stock ones the antisquat and toe were adjusted at the rear now just the toe is from the rear and the anti is at the front.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The reason I run the KH parts is cause the Losi parts weren't designed last year. And it was KH or Fioroiinoiieo parts. LOL. OK, so I can't speak French. LOL.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tex1
Vlad,
Did you measure this or receive this from another source? I still have not put my car on the setup station yet. I have just completely rebuilt it so now would be a good time to check.
TEX
All other sources says different things. I don't trust anybody, especially Losi. At first, I got exact match with stock 8IGHT-T Race Roller rear braces (3 degree anti-squat and 2 degree toe-in) with 0.5 insert up in the front and 0.5 insert inside in the rear. After that I've verified toe-in and anti-squat, I have 3 degree anti-squat and 2 degree toe-in. I haven't verified all other angles.

The result of measurement may depends from accuracy of Set-up System (Hudy) and goniometer. Therefore I say - "May be".
Old 05-06-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Red face They need to get it straight at Losi......

Good call. I have always been suspect of Losi's data on this. I just have never measured it. All I have is the Hudy station. It is OK if you know what you are looking for.
Right now, I'm running 0's in the front of the rear kit and .5 inside on the outside. I think it is 2 degrees Anti Squat and 2.5 degrees of Toe In. I do have to measure this.
Whatever - It works very well.
TEX
Old 05-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

I got my info from drake a while back when the issue of the charts being off came out.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

OK. This info from Mike Truhe:

"Those tables have been wrong a couple times. the best way to think of it is the toe in is between 2-4 degrees and the antisquat is between 1-3 degrees. 0 inserts front and rear give you 3 degree toein and 2 degrees antisquat. so to get 3-3 you have to just put the 1 insert up in the front."

They all say different.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

vlad. the information i posted is the same information you just posted. The stock BUGGY comes with a 3 toe 2 anti and that is what they based the settings off of.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

May be for buggy it's working, but for truggy these suggestions and tables don't working. I don't know what the difference, bulkheads are the same.

I do not insist that my tables are true. Nothing serious, everyone can have own opinion.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

Hi, can anyone tell me the o-ring size for the 8T shocks. ID x OD x thickness. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

May be for buggy it's working, but for truggy these suggestions and tables don't working. I don't know what the difference, bulkheads are the same.

I do not insist that my tables are true. Nothing serious, everyone can have own opinion.
the adjustable peices along with the buggy and truggy are the exact same along with the bulkhead they mount to. If you are getting odd readings its because your setup station is off.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

OK. This info from Mike Truhe:

"Those tables have been wrong a couple times. the best way to think of it is the toe in is between 2-4 degrees and the antisquat is between 1-3 degrees. 0 inserts front and rear give you 3 degree toein and 2 degrees antisquat. so to get 3-3 you have to just put the 1 insert up in the front."

They all say different.
This is accurate as far as I can determine. I am running +1 up in the front and 0 in the rear for 3x3 on the truggy.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So what setups is everyone using?

Mach 427 engine with about 15 gallons on it. LOL. Still strong so far.
JP-3 pipe
ACE 1015 servos
Spektrum RX (grey case)
Protek 2000 Lipo
Protek 6.5v regulator
KH 7075 shoes with 2 black and 2 gold springs
KH qc extended engine mount
Losi aluminum servo saver top piece
Racers Edge steering servo horn
Losi center diff aluminum insert
Losi rear diff case bearing inserts
Stock suspension setup

I've played with the wheelbase adjustments a bit, but back to stock for now. The rear camber link I've messed with a bit depending on traction. I really like how this truck rotates in the corners. Turns in well, and still turns great when on the throttle. It's setup very vell for me and I'm loving it
Old 05-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by air8
So what setups is everyone using?

Mach 427 engine with about 15 gallons on it. LOL. Still strong so far.
JP-3 pipe
ACE 1015 servos
Spektrum RX (grey case)
Protek 2000 Lipo
Protek 6.5v regulator
KH 7075 shoes with 2 black and 2 gold springs
KH qc extended engine mount
Losi aluminum servo saver top piece
Racers Edge steering servo horn
Losi center diff aluminum insert
Losi rear diff case bearing inserts
Stock suspension setup

I've played with the wheelbase adjustments a bit, but back to stock for now. The rear camber link I've messed with a bit depending on traction. I really like how this truck rotates in the corners. Turns in well, and still turns great when on the throttle. It's setup very vell for me and I'm loving it
LOL to the 427. I have about 4 gallons on mine and still strong.
I'm now running a GO .25 6port
KH stiffeners
KH tray stiffeners
Alluminum servo saver
KH extended engine mount
Losi rear HD diff case/ alluminum bearing inserts
JP 3 or 2 pipe
Spektrum radio
Hitec 5955tg steering
ace 1015 throttle
dynamite servo horns
40 weight FS/ 35 weight BS
proline bowties lpr/ rims as well
carbon fiber towers
2 KH 7075 black springs
2 dynamite silver springs
robinson clutch bell 13 tooth

FOR NOW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.