Wiki Posts
Search

Front hopping on turns?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
I have found adding grease to the pin and cleaning and reapplying helps extend the life of these parts. I clean them in a sonic cleaner with Shellite between meets.
This is only useful if you do it very regularly.

Cleaning and lightly re-greasing after each day of running as a minimum. Otherwise you end up with a grinding paste that actually makes the wear rate higher!
Old 06-02-2016, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
This is only useful if you do it very regularly.

Cleaning and lightly re-greasing after each day of running as a minimum. Otherwise you end up with a grinding paste that actually makes the wear rate higher!
Every time between meets Dan when i service the bearings. I find it the best way to check for any wear and tear and replace worn parts for the best reliability on race day.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 145 (100%+)

For those of you that order new drive train once or twice a year, where are you getting those parts from? The only place I could find the correct parts for my NT1 2013 is on Ebay. Or do the dog bones, out drives, and hub axles fit from a newer car?
Old 06-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brothainchrist0
For those of you that order new drive train once or twice a year, where are you getting those parts from? The only place I could find the correct parts for my NT1 2013 is on Ebay. Or do the dog bones, out drives, and hub axles fit from a newer car?
These parts from the 2014, 2015 & 2016 will also fit, some of the later models may have different parts numbers due to them being changed to the lightweight parts standard.

Have you tried AMain? Otherwise maybe The Border hobbies (www.the-border.nl).
Old 06-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 145 (100%+)

I didnt know which parts would cross over so I havent ordered anything that didnt match part numbers. I already ordered what I needed for this repair but next time, I'll order some 2016 nt1 parts and see if they fit. Thanks guys for all the help! I usually order from IGTHobbies.com.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You could also get the HUDY driveshaft pin replacing tool and change the driveshaft pins instead of replacing the whole driveshaft. This is a cheaper way of doing it. You still need to replace the outdrives though from time to time.