Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Did anyone cheat at the tank battle?
Old 04-16-2003, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Neil,

Everybody was on their best behavior. Also, have you checked out the Endurance Race Video? I posted a thread with a link to it but I'll post again here:

http://www.ttlocals.com/photos.html

You have to right click on the banner and save as or you can just click it.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

I'll check it out when I get home from work. Speaking of which, shouldn't you be working right now?
Old 04-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Last edited by rtypec; 04-16-2003 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default Practice & Entries

I heard from a reliable source that the track will be closed to the invitational drivers until Thursday. They are even going as far as to video tape the area to "catch" violators. I'm not sure if applies to open drivers or not.

I also heard that next year they are considering accepting entries for a specific period of time and then at the cut-off date drawing entries. This will ensure that everyone has a fair chance of getting in. Also I heard that each manufacture will be allotted a certain amount of entries for guaranteed drivers.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Sounds like they might have had a problem in the past.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:56 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Hello guys....I wanted to let everyone know well in advance that the new dish wheel will not be ready in time for the Reedy Race.

The race will use the current CS27GLR's that are available with your LHS or online stores. If you already have CS27GLR's in your box, then your already set for practice

We wanted to make sure that the racers had ample time to practice with the actual tire/wheel combo being used at the Reedy Race since practice is very limited at the race itself.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next month!

Paul Wynn
Schumacher USA
Old 04-18-2003, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by PW
Hello guys....I wanted to let everyone know well in advance that the new dish wheel will not be ready in time for the Reedy Race.

The race will use the current CS27GLR's that are available with your LHS or online stores. If you already have CS27GLR's in your box, then your already set for practice

We wanted to make sure that the racers had ample time to practice with the actual tire/wheel combo being used at the Reedy Race since practice is very limited at the race itself.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next month!

Paul Wynn
Schumacher USA
I've been running the take-off spec tires with no issues, why are people so eager to make the change? I kind of like it because it's different from all the other "dish" wheels around.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have not actually run the car yet with these spec tires, but one obvious thing I noticed though when I slapped on brand new tires on my car yesterday was... 3 out of 4 wheels wobbled! I was surprised to see inconsistency on these premounted tires, but for the price these are being sold at, I guess, it's good enough. I'm sure the dish wheels could have addressed this issue... maybe next year?!? I'll be testing these at Tamiya tomorrow and see if the uneven wheels play a big role in the cars performance... hopefully unnoticable... =)
Old 04-18-2003, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by eeyan
I have not actually run the car yet with these spec tires, but one obvious thing I noticed though when I slapped on brand new tires on my car yesterday was... 3 out of 4 wheels wobbled! I was surprised to see inconsistency on these premounted tires, but for the price these are being sold at, I guess, it's good enough. I'm sure the dish wheels could have addressed this issue... maybe next year?!? I'll be testing these at Tamiya tomorrow and see if the uneven wheels play a big role in the cars performance... hopefully unnoticable... =)
eeyan...are you sure it was the wheels? heheh joke onyl!

I'm running the TRF tomorrow with a 19turn.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Izzy,

Shhh... I'm just trying to scare people away from these tires... LOL! See you at Tamiya... geez... that TRF should be stowed away and not run at all! What are you thing thinking... hehehe...
Old 04-18-2003, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by eeyan
Izzy,

Shhh... I'm just trying to scare people away from these tires... LOL! See you at Tamiya... geez... that TRF should be stowed away and not run at all! What are you thing thinking... hehehe...
Hah! I have to make a plastic sheet...eeyan style to protect the SSG..heheh
Old 04-18-2003, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry guys, back to the topic about Reedy. Can someone please confirm that the track will be close before the Reedy race or not. This rumor has to stop if it is not true. This is a previledge Tamiya owners have and has nothing to do with the Reedy race at all. The better solution for you guys is to run Tamiya cars too! :-)
I don't think running on the track weeks before the race will have an advantage at all to Tamiya drivers. Check out who won last Reedy there. I don't see David Jun as first place? It's all 'bout a lot of factors like being Barry B.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

what day does it open for practice?

Thanks,
Timmy Heiser
Old 04-18-2003, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Timmy Heiser
what day does it open for practice?

Thanks,
Timmy Heiser
The first 2 days of the event is practice day. But you should be able to run at the track every Saturday 10 to 4 if you have a Tamiya Car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.