Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 05:17 AM
Tech Adept

I'm running a fk05 now but I'm really considering buying a JRXS for a second car. When are the new arms with the BK shock position going to be available?
Old 10-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WD40
How in the heck do you guys get the belt on this JRX-S. The way the intructions say to do it.....it's immpossible. You have to damage the belt and stretch it over either the rear diff gear or the middle gear. How the heck do you guys get these belts on without damaging them?????
Take the 2-56 screws out of the bulkheads that hold the diff adjustment. now simply rotate the diff's untill the belt just slides on. Don't for get to reinstall the 2-56 screws after you get the proper belt tension.

Brant
Old 10-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default setup help please

I've owned my jrxs since the release date and have been extremely happy with its performance ....until today. Today was the first day of carpet racing in stockton, ca. and i could not find a setup with any rear traction. My car felt like a drifter. So does anybody have a good rubber tire on carpet setup? Any help would be REALLY appreciated.

Thanks,
P.J.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

i dont mean to rain on Losi's parade but i just got back from one of the local tracks and found out that 3 other guys plus my chassis have a nice tweak when u take the tires off and lay them on a piece of glass or other flat surface...what am i to do? taking out all the screws and redoing them didnt work for me or others
Old 10-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Biz_Nessman
I've owned my jrxs since the release date and have been extremely happy with its performance ....until today. Today was the first day of carpet racing in stockton, ca. and i could not find a setup with any rear traction. My car felt like a drifter. So does anybody have a good rubber tire on carpet setup? Any help would be REALLY appreciated.

Thanks,
P.J.
Ditto! The Stockton carpet is green; however, some cars found the ticket.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Biz_Nessman]I've owned my jrxs since the release date and have been extremely happy with its performance ....until today. Today was the first day of carpet racing in stockton, ca. and i could not find a setup with any rear traction. My car felt like a drifter. So does anybody have a good rubber tire on carpet setup? Any help would be REALLY appreciated.

Thanks,
P.J.[/QUOTE

Biz--Which release date was that?? Nov. 04?......Jan 05?......Feb 05?.......hehehe Sorry I just had to dig up the pain of old!

Brant
Old 10-02-2005, 02:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hi PookyT,

Just wondering what type of track (layout and surface) do you run on??? Have you had a chance to try that one-way yet??? Cause I was toying with the idea of putting it in. I'm trying to "find" more steering without having to sacrifice any rear end grip. I have been using the Numan setup and it is great, but I just want a tad more steering. (Tried 0 and 2 degree castor blocks and the car was great entering corners but had no high speed cornering!!!)
Any ideas mate???

Thanks,

Leonard.

P.S. I also was thinking of trying some anti-dive on the front end. Anyone tried this yet???
Old 10-02-2005, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Hi PookyT,

Just wondering what type of track (layout and surface) do you run on??? Have you had a chance to try that one-way yet??? Cause I was toying with the idea of putting it in. I'm trying to "find" more steering without having to sacrifice any rear end grip. I have been using the Numan setup and it is great, but I just want a tad more steering. (Tried 0 and 2 degree castor blocks and the car was great entering corners but had no high speed cornering!!!)
Any ideas mate???

Thanks,

Leonard.

P.S. I also was thinking of trying some anti-dive on the front end. Anyone tried this yet???

Last race I was needing more corner speed as well and I went the opposite direction with the caster. I put in the 6 deg. blocks and picked up a bunch of mid corner speed( high speed and low speed corners). Plus this did not make it twitchy at all. I was so pleased I picked up a set of 8 deg. blocks and I am going to try them today. Let you know what I find out. As for the track my club usually runs on 50X100 asphalt. Medium to high bite. Hope this helps man.

Brant
Old 10-02-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

biz, on a green track try removing some of the steering by removing the added front roll center shims in numans set up. Try running the stock roll centers and you can also run with no sway bars(if you are) and a longer rear camber link. Camber and rear toe will have some effect as well.
There are also other things, like tire preperation, less front sauce, etc. Since these changes will slow the steering, of course you'll need to brake earlier to keep the car in the line. Sometimes a slower car will be more consistent, especially when it comes to donuts, haha.

R/C A, I haven't tried removing my tires and laying my car on glass yet, I usualy just set the mechanical tweak with the tires touching glass and the car suspended, then adjust the suspension or weight tweak on a set up system.

What is the car laying on glass test for?.................Jim
Old 10-02-2005, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

If you want a great carpet setup for carpet on foams the one you want is the one rayhaung posted on page 262. It is dialed,everyone at my track runs it.The good drivers can run circles around everyone else. just my two cents, it is awsome
Old 10-02-2005, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Losiman- The losi car is popular on your carpet track...good to hear. How do you like yours on the rug?

Thanks

Jeff
Old 10-02-2005, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
biz, on a green track try removing some of the steering by removing the added front roll center shims in numans set up. Try running the stock roll centers and you can also run with no sway bars(if you are) and a longer rear camber link. Camber and rear toe will have some effect as well.
There are also other things, like tire preperation, less front sauce, etc. Since these changes will slow the steering, of course you'll need to brake earlier to keep the car in the line. Sometimes a slower car will be more consistent, especially when it comes to donuts, haha.

R/C A, I haven't tried removing my tires and laying my car on glass yet, I usualy just set the mechanical tweak with the tires touching glass and the car suspended, then adjust the suspension or weight tweak on a set up system.

What is the car laying on glass test for?.................Jim
Jim, i think the upper deck pieces are pulling my bottom chassis into a banana shape...one of the other guys at the track just drilled the locating and screw holes a touch bigger and it cured his chassis problem but now he has to check his car after he gets off the track everytime pretty much

i set my ride height and droop(ride height + droop setting) and shock lengths are the same...then i used my Hudy system to measure droop that way as well and it was off 2-3 millimeters(didnt make sense) ...i did the 12th scale trick and lifted the center of the chassis both front and rear and one side come off the glass way before the other...used a Niftech tweak station and the tweak was way out of whack....i then layed it on the glass and the bottom chassis "rocked" like a rocking chair....i took off the top plates and everything went to where it should(tweak was good then)...

is there a bad batch of upper plates that got sent out where the locator pin and screw holes are about a millimeter off?

just trying to get answers...i dont know if i should drill those holes a bit bigger or what
Old 10-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

R/C A,

You may want to chek the top plate at the bulkhead/axle carries, you may need to remove some of the material so that the top plates goes on easy, if you have to froce it on that may also cause a tweak.

E
Old 10-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Has Anyone tried the Numan setup but used a diff in the ft instead of a spool?

Thanks
Old 10-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bryan D
Has Anyone tried the Numan setup but used a diff in the ft instead of a spool?

Thanks
Yes, I have with Stock and 19T motors. Diff was maybe 5% easier to drive (tops); however, spool setup accelerates better coming out of a corner. Spool wins.

Which pulley wheel are you using with the spool? Per Todd, I went from 42T to 41T to gain steering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.