Community
Wiki Posts
Search

car stand

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 09:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Darkseid,
Thanks for the advice, But I have already made the purchase last night. I hope it holds up though. I'll keep the receipt just in case.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:24 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

As long as you keep that receipt, you'll be set, whether it conks out on you or not.

So you decided on a charger yet?
Old 02-26-2002, 09:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Darkseid,
I'm still looking & comparing chargers (Feature, options & ease of use.) It seems all the high end chargers come with only the alligator clip plugs. I am trying to find one that has both the alligator clip as well as an alternate tamiya plug or deans. I need
the alternate to charge my micro. At this point I think I might just
have to buy seperate chargers for each car. Maybe an MRC superbrain 959 for the micro and a novak millenium pro or another highend type for the xray. but still uncertain..
Old 02-26-2002, 10:24 AM
Regional Moderator

Theres no need to go that far. You can always make your own adapter for the highend charger. All you really need is a strand of black wire and a strand of red wire, and the alternate plug that you need. Then you can just clip the aligator clips onto the ends of the wire. Just make sure they don't touch each other. Or if your not used to making things up like that, most LHS have Tamiya style plugs and Deans style plugs with wire already attached, ready to buy. Pick one of those up, clip the aligator leads to the ends of the correct wires(keep them seperated at all cost) and charge away.

You could also look at some high end chargers that have replaceable leads. My charger and the ones its just like(ApexSigna/Integy 16x3) have replaceable leads right at the charger itself. The GM VIS Commander also has this feature. Some Orion chargers also have replaceable leads at the charger, but I don't know if Orion has stepped up to NiMH compatibility yet. I know there are others out there that have replaceable leads at the chargers.

Either way you choose to go, believe me, your not stuck having to get two chargers.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:26 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just make an adaptor to charge the Micro pack. Just put the plugs that you will use most on the charger, then make an adaptor wire to go from the charger, to the micro connector. You don't need two chargers unless you really want two.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:42 AM
Tech Initiate

I would like to find a charger that has 1 alligator clip and
one where I can switch to any type plug I may need. I used
to have a Dynamite charger for my micro that had both
alligator clip as well as 1 tamiya plug. I made a deans plug to tamiya connector to charge the pack on my micro. Everything worked excellent, other than I purchased an Xray and sold
the charger in search of higher end model. Stupid me, should have just kept it.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:45 AM
Regional Moderator

Well, at least you have the knowhow to make an adapter and all. Believe me, its just as convienent to simply clip the aligator leads to an adapter you've made or bought. So save yourself some $$$ and not worry about that second charger.
Old 02-26-2002, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Kraig
was that a picture of your rig in RCCA in the latest issue at the oval nats? looked like your logo on the side of the trailor.
Old 02-26-2002, 02:07 PM
Tech Initiate

I think I found a charger!! it is the DuraTrax IntelliPeak AC/DC Digital Pulse Charger that Darkseid recommended. I found
a great review by wildhobbies on this charger. I also like
how the plugs can be easily swapped. excellent features
for 100.00
Old 02-26-2002, 04:45 PM
Regional Moderator

You wont be disappointed with it. Futureal will be posted my review of the charger on this site pretty soon. I was just as pleased with it as the Wildhobbies review was.
Old 02-26-2002, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, as Darseid said, you can always make your own. Just take of the plugs that come with the kit and solder some duratrax plugs in their place (very easy to use and durable) then make up two different sets with leads, one with the clips the charger came with and one with the tamiya plugs. The CE T35 already has the duratrax plugs, and the leads with clips, so you would just have to make a set with plugs.

Speedo