Search
Like Tree1Likes

JL Racing .12

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

Originally Posted by afm
You may want to adjust the shims of the combustion chamber depending on nitro-content (see table)
Nitro content: 16% 20% 25% 30%
Head shims: 0.40mm / 0.40mm / 0.50mm / 0.60mm

Large tracks may require an extra 0.10mm shim to reach higher top speed and improved fuel consumption, but this will decrease acceleration slightly.

TURBO COLD GLOW-PLUGS to use when humidity is below 70%
•P5TC hot filament
•P6TC medium filament
•P7TC cold filament

TURBO HOT GLOW-PLUGS to use when humidity is above 70%
•P5TH hot filament
•P6TH medium filament
•P7TH cold filament

The filament number will depend on the ambient temperature. Colder use hoter filament. Hotter use colder filament.

AFM
Much needed info. Thanks AFM.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so the JLR is based off of an older design?

that translates to SLOW for me
Old 03-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by afm
Let's clear this out.

AFM
Old 03-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcrevolution

1. I guess you haven't seen this motor in action... 2. You don't go to the track much and see what the real racers are using now... 3. You don't go to any of the major races in the US or read what's winning the major races and placing the top drivers in the A-main... For the most Bang for the Buck... The JLR is must have... Not trying to blast your posts, but listen to how you sound... This motor is a Monster on the track when tuned right and matched with the right pipe and header... Either believe what the top drivers are saying, go see one in action or keep using what you're using since you think JLR translates to being slow... .02

RC_Alan
Old 03-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcrevolution

I'm sorry about my last post... You were just joking about the JLR being slow... I got it now... Good one...

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 03-29-2007 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by afm
It will, and even outperform the ones you mention, and you may include JP's, Sirio's and Fantini's. At least mine does here at my track.

AFM

I am curious to know how high above sea level you have been using your engine, AFM.

I am not suggesting altitude will make it a bad engine. Not at all!! I would only like to know since many places in Peru are extremely high!!

Thanks!!
Old 03-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i live right at sealevel, woot maximum performance!
Old 03-29-2007, 08:06 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gtrmx
I am curious to know how high above sea level you have been using your engine, AFM.

I am not suggesting altitude will make it a bad engine. Not at all!! I would only like to know since many places in Peru are extremely high!!

Thanks!!
Eventhough Peru has cities at altidudes as high as 3,200 mts (Cuzco), I've only run engines in Arequipa at 2,400mts, and the best engine I've run at that altitude is the OS TZ.

Our only serious track is located in Lima (sea level), see our association's web site www.apercar.com, and after every race results of last year's there ar lost of pictures.

AFM
Old 03-29-2007, 08:14 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc_alan
I'm sorry about my last post... You were just joking about the JLR being slow... I got it now... Good one...

RC_Alan
Jokes aside, the latest Picco Evo3 is not even for sale yet, so the JLR is based on top Picco available engine, and I wouldn't be wrong to say that soon after the Evo3 is released there will be a JLR II or something like that....constant evolution my friend....so just rip the tracks with the current one......by the time you can handle its power, a faster version may be available.....jejejejeje

AFM
Old 03-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by afm
Jokes aside, the latest Picco Evo3 is not even for sale yet, so the JLR is based on top Picco available engine, and I wouldn't be wrong to say that soon after the Evo3 is released there will be a JLR II or something like that....constant evolution my friend....so just rip the tracks with the current one......by the time you can handle its power, a faster version may be available.....jejejejeje

AFM
WOW that's good to hear cause I'm really liking my Picco JL Red Dot the fastest motor I've own so far.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by afm
Eventhough Peru has cities at altidudes as high as 3,200 mts (Cuzco), I've only run engines in Arequipa at 2,400mts, and the best engine I've run at that altitude is the OS TZ.

Our only serious track is located in Lima (sea level), see our association's web site www.apercar.com, and after every race results of last year's there ar lost of pictures.

AFM
How do you think the JLR will perform at 2400 mts?

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2007, 05:26 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gtrmx
How do you think the JLR will perform at 2400 mts?

Thanks!
With the proper carb tuning, shiming and pipe it should work fine...it has a lot of torque which is good for high altitude. Lets see if in the near future we can organize a race in Arequipa to try it out.

AFM
Old 03-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Wow, they even have a Murnan Modified JLR Red Dot!!! If the original can hang with any motor out how much faster is Murnans? I have two motors, but would still like the original JLR to use.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

I plan on getting a JL Red Dot soon, but a friend of mine was telling me that I should change the rod after break-in. Does anyone have any feedback on this? Is this something I should worry about?
Old 04-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pelico
I plan on getting a JL Red Dot soon, but a friend of mine was telling me that I should change the rod after break-in. Does anyone have any feedback on this? Is this something I should worry about?
No you don't need to do that, the rod is strong enough to last up to 5 gallons. It's best to replace the Rod every 4 to 5 gallons assuming it was never abused.

additional commentreason for edit)
But if you want to play it safe, replace it every 2 gallons, specially if you have abused it.

Last edited by Team Kamikaze; 04-14-2007 at 09:09 AM. Reason: additional comment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.