Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Again, sorry guys , you need to change the spur for each class 17.5t (69t) , 13.5t (72t+), according to the gear chart . Robinson racing website has the new 48p(41t/43t/47t) gears ! About them fitting, that's another issue .......
so... 72t + 32, 33, 34, 35 and 36 will fit without any problems?
Old 08-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roger999
so... 72t + 32, 33, 34, 35 and 36 will fit without any problems?
Yes, I currently have the Associated Spur 69T (48P) in the car and I can put a 37T (48P) on. My problem is do not have anything larger to try. You will have to use the bottom motor mount hole not the back one, you will not be able to get the 2mm wrench in or the screw in the back hole. Also you will need to put the pinion on like you did with the TC5, because it will not fit though the opening between the motor mount and top deck.... You should be able to fit the following range of pinions on a 72T (48P), 30T to 43T giving a range of FDR from 4.8 to 3.35.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Yes, I currently have the Associated Spur 69T (48P) in the car and I can put a 37T (48P) on. My problem is do not have anything larger to try. You will have to use the bottom motor mount hole not the back one, you will not be able to get the 2mm wrench in or the screw in the back hole. Also you will need to put the pinion on like you did with the TC5, because it will not fit though the opening between the motor mount and top deck.... You should be able to fit the following range of pinions on a 72T (48P), 30T to 43T giving a range of FDR from 4.8 to 3.35.
Didn't have a tc5 so not sure how to put the pinion...? so mayby go with 64P, spurs and pinions should be smaller...? 48x96?
Old 08-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Belt tension

So, I had the cam holders in backwards with the front set at 6 and rear at 7 so they were probably at 11 front and 12 rear. I think I have probably stretched them out a bit. My question is when checking the belt tension how much play should there be and does belt tension play any part in driving/handling characteristics or just the cam position.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by roger999
Didn't have a tc5 so not sure how to put the pinion...? so mayby go with 64P, spurs and pinions should be smaller...? 48x96?
If you can get a 98T 64P that would get you a 4.0 (40T) and 3.5 (56T) FDR. If you are running VTA or 17.5, in blinky mode. Which you will need 4.0 FDR for both of these. To put a pinion on that to big to fit, you put the motor shaft though the hole, then put the pinion on. You can reach the set screw from access hole on the bottom of the chaise...
Old 08-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sandsurfer
So, I had the cam holders in backwards with the front set at 6 and rear at 7 so they were probably at 11 front and 12 rear. I think I have probably stretched them out a bit. My question is when checking the belt tension how much play should there be and does belt tension play any part in driving/handling characteristics or just the cam position.
I do not not think you have stretched the belt out...

Someone else will need to comment on the other question. I would like to see what they have to say also... I'm not clear on what tension does for the car...
Old 08-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

I do not not think you have stretched the belt out...

Someone else will need to comment on the other question. I would like to see what they have to say also... I'm not clear on what tension does for the car...
The reason I think I may have stretched them is now when I put the cam holders in the way I now interpret the manual they appear to be too loose. But, I don't know what the proper tension is because I have had them in wrong from day one. We will see when someone with experience chimes in.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

it does not matter much, just change the setting until your belt: Front, in middle of top plate lift 4/5mm, Rear in between cogs push in 2/3 mm.

They should not be tight, asso belts are really good (probably the best on TC) the only thing that you have done is put sideway pressure on your diffs/spur assembly.

As for the diff setup, it raises the diff or lowers it, usually the front is lower and rear higher, never used cam B and do not know of anyone using then either, only A are used on all setup sheet I have seen so far

and you need to set the number on the left side (motor) and match the other side
Old 08-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by olly986
it does not matter much, just change the setting until your belt: Front, in middle of top plate lift 4/5mm, Rear in between cogs push in 2/3 mm.

They should not be tight, asso belts are really good (probably the best on TC) the only thing that you have done is put sideway pressure on your diffs/spur assembly.

As for the diff setup, it raises the diff or lowers it, usually the front is lower and rear higher, never used cam B and do not know of anyone using then either, only A are used on all setup sheet I have seen so far

and you need to set the number on the left side (motor) and match the other side
Olly - first many thanks for all your help you have provided here. I'm not sure that I understand your first part, "in middle of top plate lift 4/5mm, Rear in between cogs push in 2/3 mm". Can you help a little more with this?

Also what is the purpose of more or less tension on the belt?
Old 08-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

The reason I think I may have stretched them is now when I put the cam holders in the way I now interpret the manual they appear to be too loose. But, I don't know what the proper tension is because I have had them in wrong from day one. We will see when someone with experience chimes in.
How old is the belt?
Old 08-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Olly thanks for the reply.. I now seems like you mentioned belt tension somewhere before, but I couldn't find it.

So, what does raising and lower the diffs do? I'm new to the rc sport in general and only have about 150 laps in onroad and on this car. One thing I like to do is try different things to see what the results are.

Thanks again, now back to tc6 prev maint.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Olly - first many thanks for all your help you have provided here. I'm not sure that I understand your first part, "in middle of top plate lift 4/5mm, Rear in between cogs push in 2/3 mm". Can you help a little more with this?

Also what is the purpose of more or less tension on the belt?
If your belt is too tight it will put pressure on drive train.
A "loose" belt is smoother but too loose and it will hop.

long belt, in middle of top plate/belt lengh, you should be able with your finger to lift it 4/5mm before it feels stiff, or use a screw driver.

short rear, between small gear of spur gear assembly and rear diff, it should go down 2/3mm when you push with your finger, actually easier again to see if you use a screw driver or other tool.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

If your belt is too tight it will put pressure on drive train.
A "loose" belt is smoother but too loose and it will hop.

long belt, in middle of top plate/belt lengh, you should be able with your finger to lift it 4/5mm before it feels stiff, or use a screw driver.

short rear, between small gear of spur gear assembly and rear diff, it should go down 2/3mm when you push with your finger, actually easier again to see if you use a screw driver or other tool.
got it, Now I understand.... Many thanks for all the help....
Old 08-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Olly thanks for the reply.. I now seems like you mentioned belt tension somewhere before, but I couldn't find it.

So, what does raising and lower the diffs do? I'm new to the rc sport in general and only have about 150 laps in onroad and on this car. One thing I like to do is try different things to see what the results are.

now that you know how to set your belt, try different settings on track, with diff up or down. The obvious is lower cg but the rear is usually higher set.

There was, if I can remember something that Rick Howard mentionned somewhere about belt setup, but cannot remember if it is here or somewhere else, or if it is Rick either the angle of the belt hitting the diff is also an issue to look into.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I can't speak about the TC6 but the X Ray T3 uses the diff height in the chassis as a tuning aid along with the length of the axles. Somehow it changes the downforce on the tires during turns. There is a section in the T3 tuning manual that explains it. I just can't find it right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.