Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR quit being stupid

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
I see this thread as nothing more than a hate column for those who really don't have a clue about how ROAR operates and how they truly affect our little hobby.

ROAR was established for the racer by the racers who were for the most part already in what was the industry back then. National rules were the main focus so all could be on the same page all over the country when it came time to face off at the Nationals and Regionals.

The same still holds true today. ROAR is made up of racers, ex racers and folks who are part of the industry.

If the rules were left up to the "racers" our hobby would be so friggen expensive only the Elite and rich could afford it. Our cars would be all hand made and build using wind tunnels and unobtainium.

All of this boils down to ask yourself one very basic question: Am I a ROAR member?

If no, you don't have a voice here, as it really doesn't affect you.

If yes, you should know how to correctly voice your opinion.
people are not upset that ROAR governs 1 race a year. People are upset because the new rules are not based on competition or fairness. Their latest decisions have been bias, based on their opinion and their opinions only. I think in order to provide the industry with competitive rules all rules need to open for discussion once a year to address all the new designs, etc...... ROAR is 5 years behind the times and they need to catch up so this kinda of incident will not happen again.
Yes Im a member.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

anybody remember the skinny wheels and tires for the RC10T back in the day? and they were banned.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
people are not upset that ROAR governs 1 race a year.
ROAR governs far more than one race a year.

I am curious how you came to the number five being the period of time ROAR is "behind the times".....since you can't even count the number of races they have in A year....
Old 07-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

And I thought I was the only one that thinks roar sucks.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davidfast

I am curious how you came to the number five being the period of time ROAR is "behind the times".....since you can't even count the number of races they have in A year....
Their rules really only apply to the Nats. None of the other races really follow their rules strictly. So Token is correct that their rules really only govern one race.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

5 come on j am sure it's 6. Hahaha.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm still trying to figure out that if ROAR's main purpose is cost-control, then why are they banning bodies that come standard on kits? Now you have to go spend more money and possibly mounts to fandangle a new body onto your new buggy.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

OK there bud, Yes ONE race in which ROAR actually has a big part of policing is NATS. All the rest of the ROAR races just carries their name, but it is up to the track owners to enforce the rules they want to enforce. And maybe its just me, but I have not heard of any track in America that banded the new bodies.

the Five years was a figure of speech, ROAR is behind the times in nitro, still sticking to rules created 5 years ago. Again, I think that alot of problems could be ironed out if they opened the rules up for discussion and debate once a year. One aspect in this hobby that I truly believe helps this hobby prosper is the fact that we racer look for the new most innovative parts and kits available. People say that ROAR is for the racers, well it looks like the racers want the bodies whether they are ugly or not. I have been in a couple of chat rooms where ROAR officails have come out and said they dont like the bodies. I think that there is a very unprofessional comment to make being that they just made a ruling and said the ruling was not based on opinion. BS. I dont care was Tessmann and other proline drivers say about the body. These bodies do not make a difference in buggies or truggys performance. Same with the VTR wheels although that is clearly defined in the rules. But the bodies rule just do not make sense. They say that they need to look like a 1.1. Come on. Again - show me a REAL 1.1 car or truck that any on these bodies look like now. Maybe in 1986 or so, but now they dont come close.... I just wish ROAR keeps and open mind and rule on facts and not opinion....
ROAR member - I have the RIGHT to complain.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by punkracer24
you can view the balance sheet on their website. its all there for the world to see........all the BS

Where can we view the balance sheet for RC Pro??? Thats the one I want to see. Wut a racket.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

OK there bud, Yes ONE race in which ROAR actually has a big part of policing is NATS.

I dont care was Tessmann and other proline drivers say about the body. These bodies do not make a difference in buggies or truggys performance.
On-Road Fuel Nationals
Electric Off-Road Nationals
Electric On-Road Asphalt Nationals
Carpet On-Road Nationals
Fuel Off-Road Nationals
Electric Off Road 8th Scale Nationals

At least Six by my count just off the top of my head.

So you don't care what the manufacturer says about their body....who created and tested the design. Instead you are going to base your argument on undocumented "chat room" discussions of ROAR officials. Gotcha...
Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

On-Road Fuel Nationals
Carpet On-Road Nationals
Fuel Off-Road Nationals

I believe the 1/5 Scale On Road Nats start tomorrow and run thru the weekend.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

On-Road Fuel Nationals
Carpet On-Road Nationals
Fuel Off-Road Nationals

So you don't care what the manufacturer says about their body....who created and tested the design. Instead you are going to base your argument on undocumented "chat room" discussions of ROAR officials. Gotcha...

To bad this is the nitro forum.............. So back to the discussion of NITRO 1/8th scale off-road, and bodies of 1/8scale off road vehicles..... it only effect 1 race. Please read the discussion before posting
Old 07-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

On-Road Fuel Nationals
Carpet On-Road Nationals
Fuel Off-Road Nationals

in case you havent noticed this is a nitro off road forum which pertains to only one of the above mentioned races
Old 07-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

To bad this is the nitro forum.............. So back to the discussion of NITRO 1/8th scale off-road, and bodies of 1/8scale off road vehicles..... it only effect 1 race. Please read the discussion before posting
Your blanket statement was that ROAR only governs one race a year which is false.

Also this would affect two races. As electric 1/8th scales use the same or similar bodies.

Originally Posted by plack75
n case you havent noticed this is a nitro off road forum which pertains to only one of the above mentioned races
See above
Old 07-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Show me the wind tunnel test results. Show me Ty's laptimes showing that that body took .5 seconds off his laptimes.

They are toys first, I doubt that a company such as proline, JC etc will spend the couple 1000 dollars to test the body. Every company say their stuff is the best and give an example why. That may be the thought behind making it but test to prove that thought, I dont think so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.