Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

i have a few questions bout the v-one r, i was wondering what's a good engine to get around $200 max and what pipe is good and flywheel i was also planning on bringing it to races i live in madison, wi . THX IN ADVANCE
Old 11-07-2002, 09:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by AMGRacer
This really wont affect a great deal of stuff in terms of speed etc. Basically what it does is overdrive the front wheels. Overdrive will make the car pull a bit more stable out of the corners and possibly give you a shade more top speed.
Then what will give me more speed?
Old 11-07-2002, 09:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by calimassive
OH and Squizzy, JR and Futaba are Japanese companies, not Malaysian or Taiwanese, Hitec is Taiwanese though, and personally i stear clear of anything made in Taiwan, sketchy ussually. I'm sure all the high end servos are Japanese make; maybe Futaba, JR, KO, Sanwa assembles some of there less expensive servos in Taiwan or something though.
Futabas are Japanese but if you look at the servo casing, it states that it is made in Taiwan But still, I LOVE Futaba

So far I only know that the lower end JR radios are made in Malaysia. Not sure about servos.

Airtronics / Sanwa are probably made in Singapore. Singapore has defintiely got a factory over there. Maybe Malaysia too but not too sure.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by blandv
More top end speed? Have you heard about the 25T conversion for the V1R? Look up in the threads... It should be there. You basically have to change a few pulleys in order to change the car's internal gear ratio.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by NitroNut
i have a few questions bout the v-one r, i was wondering what's a good engine to get around $200 max and what pipe is good and flywheel i was also planning on bringing it to races i live in madison, wi . THX IN ADVANCE
Mr. Nut

there are alot of enginens that fit this bill, all depends on what your after.
Ease of tuning stay with OS

Shear speed and torque, get a hand mod engine from reputable tuner, but cost more than $200 bones

what are the people running at your track?

I would put pipes in the same catagory, but RBX12 is a good pipe
rather soft so stay away from the boards

Flywheel stock one is good, not unless you manage to get the Kawahara low engine mounts and flywheel/ centax clutch

Isnt it snowing there? don't you got to wait untill ground hogs day to find out when it is safe to run your car
Old 11-07-2002, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

A Richey 9 port eagle
Old 11-07-2002, 09:49 PM
Tech Initiate

what about starting out quick? i've gone through maybe 60 pages and found nothing on it.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

I wouldnt worry about the fly wheel, as for the engine, I like my RB X12, its really nice. Fast and very reliable thus far. I'm planning on getting a Zac modified OS 12TR soon; just to see how it compares to my RB. But NovaRossi, RB, Rossi, Sirio, OS will all do the trick im sure. Maybe some more knowledgable and experienced people can give you a better idea than I can. I'm very new to this myself as well.
Old 11-07-2002, 10:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by InitialD
More top end speed? Have you heard about the 25T conversion for the V1R? Look up in the threads... It should be there. You basically have to change a few pulleys in order to change the car's internal gear ratio.
Does anyone know the page number of can help?
Old 11-07-2002, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by calimassive
OH and Squizzy, JR and Futaba are Japanese companies, not Malaysian or Taiwanese, Hitec is Taiwanese though, and personally i stear clear of anything made in Taiwan, sketchy ussually. I'm sure all the high end servos are Japanese make; maybe Futaba, JR, KO, Sanwa assembles some of there less expensive servos in Taiwan or something though. [/B]
Hitec is Korean company. I have futaba S9450 servo, 3PJS and 9CH radio and all of them are make in Taiwan. Taiwan or other asian countries have cheaper labor rate than Japan therefore they can earn more of our money.
Old 11-07-2002, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

oh its Korean??? OK, cool... is all there stuff crappy or is some of it actually ok?
Old 11-07-2002, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Default servos

The other thing that goes on is that some parts are made with identical part numbers in overseas factories and supplied to countries like Australia whereas the US would get the Japanese manufactured products.

By the way if anyone wishes to recomend a really good servo please do so!

Also calimassive..what servos are you running and what do you mean by unresponsive?

I suppose one of the factors that effects me is that I primarily run rubber tyres on a med/low-traction track so torque is not a great factor however the-rr is going to be run on a high-traction track with foams so it could be interesting!

gt

Old 11-07-2002, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Yes, it will overdrive the front with a smaller side pulley.

But the thing is when only the front is pulling the car, wouldn't it be dragging the rear wheels then? Can this be faster than when the overdrive is 1:1?
Overdrive is AWFUL when you have two gear diffs, almost undrivable. However when the front end has a oneway diff it provides sufficient slippage to allow it to work.

At slower speeds the drivetrain is pretty much 1:1 under power with overdrive. But as speeds increase the front wheels travel faster and actually "disconnect" from the drivetrain to effectively mean the car is mostly RWD. This really is one of the main reasons for overdrive on a touring car since both our front and rear wheels are normally the same size.
Old 11-07-2002, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger
glad to see you're still alive AMG1 I was beginning to think except for HAG the old-heads had abandoned this thread.
You seemed to be holding down the fort here, so I was concentrating on my XRAY for a while.........
Old 11-07-2002, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

More speed comes from:

1. Better driver skill (race speed)
2. Better engine (straight line speed)
3. Higher pinion gears (straight line speed)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.