Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thats one of those towers that can be converted into Jim's secret "Cantilever" rear suspension
Old 10-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

bob, no i haven't ever raced at Don valley. Don't know a massive amount about it, but i have heard a few things.

From what i hear, a set-up from good grip tarmac, or carpet with rubbers shouldn't be all that far off the mark. I believe that a spool is generally the thing to run up there.

My general base setup is kind of similar to the Euros set-up, and i would start there if i was going to go there. However, i suspect you might end up needing slightly stiffer springing on the front. This is kind of where i am with a carpet/rubbers set-up at the moment.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default mi2

hi jon kerr if u find it out could u put it up or get him to put it up thanks for all your help.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snap_u2000
hi i was wondering if any one had a foam tire carpet setup i could use i have a mi2 with bmi lower and top deck and i have lower shock towers can any one help me.

regards matt
www.gearchart.com Mo has a killer set up omn there. Make sure you get the foam set up dated around January. I hope this helps. We both have killer set up's going right now. His with all BMI stuff and mine with Schumacher's 2.5mm chassis. We all use the BMI towers though.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Initiate

hmmmm

what is the roll out equation for the mi2 like the hole thing.and if any ones got a set up that would help cause i am starting foam 2marrow
Old 10-08-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default mi2

hi i was just wondering what the advantages or disanvantages of running a oneway over a spool and spool over a oneway on carpet with foam
Old 10-08-2005, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snap_u2000
hi i was just wondering what the advantages or disanvantages of running a oneway over a spool and spool over a oneway on carpet with foam
Carpet foam you pretty much will always run a diff. The only time I've heard of someone running a one-way with foam was Hara in Vegas. He couldn't keep the car straight down the straight away let alone be consistent through the whole track.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by i want an xray
what is the roll out equation for the mi2 like the hole thing.and if any ones got a set up that would help cause i am starting foam 2marrow
????? any one
Old 10-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

If you're asking for the internal drive ratio it's 1.8. You can go to www.gearchart.com and download Jason Moberly's foam setup. We haven't got the setup PW used in Vegas yet though. I'm sure Jason's will be a good starting point.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I don't have any experience running those risers under the bulkheads. They're usually used for very low bite conditions. What are your track conditions like?
we run on an asphalt track with medium grip. we generally use shore 40 rubber tires. the layout is twisty with a moderately long back straight. if putting on the risers will give me better traction, then i guess it would be safe to try them out.
thanks.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys....was hoping you could help me with a belt problem on my MI2. The bottom of the front belt keeps coming off the side of the lower tensioner/guide, and its eating the belt. Has anyone else run into this, and has anyone come up with a good way to address it???

I've been running stock and 19t, but moving to mod, and thinking that it will eat the front belt in a hurry unless I can come up with some way to keep the belt on the lower guide.

Thanks for any suggestions

Mark G
Old 10-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Carpet foam you pretty much will always run a diff. The only time I've heard of someone running a one-way with foam was Hara in Vegas. He couldn't keep the car straight down the straight away let alone be consistent through the whole track.
hi john Kerr i race with Matt. and we both have Mi2's. how you said PW has a killer set up with foam tires on carpet does it matter about the motor because Matt and I we run 540.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by markg
Hey Guys....was hoping you could help me with a belt problem on my MI2. The bottom of the front belt keeps coming off the side of the lower tensioner/guide, and its eating the belt. Has anyone else run into this, and has anyone come up with a good way to address it???

I've been running stock and 19t, but moving to mod, and thinking that it will eat the front belt in a hurry unless I can come up with some way to keep the belt on the lower guide.

Thanks for any suggestions

Mark G
Simply make sure the belt is running in the middle. You probably need to move around the plastic "spacers" on the front pulley.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
hi john Kerr i race with Matt. and we both have Mi2's. how you said PW has a killer set up with foam tires on carpet does it matter about the motor because Matt and I we run 540.
If you're just running 540 motors, you may need to get the car more free in the corners but PW's setup should be a good place to start.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Does any body have a problem with the hinge pin mounts, ( the little blocks that bolt on the chassis) when you tighten them. They twist and cause the arms not to drop freely. I have to put my xacto knife between the block and the arm, so that when I tighten the block, it dose'nt twist and cause binding. Seems like this should have ben a one piece mount.

I hope you guys under stand what I am talking about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.