Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree395Likes

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Perhaps the thought is, with that belt configuration, you can tuck the battery more inboard to balance the car out easier. Allowing a bigger mah/heavier battery. The picture shown has the inner battery terminal tucked in quite a ways.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rodney Racer
Perhaps the thought is, with that belt configuration, you can tuck the battery more inboard to balance the car out easier. Allowing a bigger mah/heavier battery. The picture shown has the inner battery terminal tucked in quite a ways.
Unlikely, and possibly the opposite. The motor is moved more inboard meaning that it'll take less weight battery side to balance things out, and the battery won't be able to move too far in without hitting the pinion.
JC3 likes this.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hopefully the retail price stays reasonable compared to other brands. Otherwise I might be tempted to try something else.
DavidNERODease likes this.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:01 AM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This seems to be a high wear item on the rear CV's. Is anybody replacing just the pins? Never seen it talked about. Also, are these perhaps the same pins that RSD sells, the size is the same.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I had my car for over a year, that I bought used, and never saw any wear on the pins. You are going to wear out the outdrives before the pins.

Unless ash you’re running mod or 17.5 2-3 times a week, I highly doubt you’ll ever replace these. You’ll probably cause more damage to the axle while attempting to replace it than it’s worth. Just get new axles if you feel they need to be replaced

Old 06-27-2018, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I had my car for over a year, that I bought used, and never saw any wear on the pins. You are going to wear out the outdrives before the pins.

Unless ash you’re running mod or 17.5 2-3 times a week, I highly doubt you’ll ever replace these. You’ll probably cause more damage to the axle while attempting to replace it than it’s worth. Just get new axles if you feel they need to be replaced

Edit. Just realized you said rear... are you not running the shoes on the pins??? You know the C shaped plastic parts that go over the pins that slide inside the outdrives? If not you need to get those.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Yeah, that end of the bone is basically zero wear.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:28 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Yeah, that end of the bone is basically zero wear.
That other picture is actually the new one. Swapped it out tonight. The pin on this thing is all worn out as is the DCJ itself. It's the one on the right. Pic doesn't show it but one side of the pin is flat. Everything else is fine. No wonder it was so sloppy in the car.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JC3
That other picture is actually the new one. Swapped it out tonight. The pin on this thing is all worn out as is the DCJ itself. It's the one on the right. Pic doesn't show it but one side of the pin is flat. Everything else is fine. No wonder it was so sloppy in the car.

You haven't said if you're using the 31238 blades that you're supposed to be using on the rear CV axles. There will be massive play if you're not using them.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:42 AM
JC3
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gigaplex
You haven't said if you're using the 31238 blades that you're supposed to be using on the rear CV axles. There will be massive play if you're not using them.
I should have been more specific. This one was on the front left. The front right was also slightly worn. Like other front DCJ's I've seen, the flange was busted off of the axles. So, they were due for an overhaul or replacement.

The rears were a bit worn too. The blade holes were a bit opened up and oval. I swapped the CV's on both sides as well. Rebuild on them coming up.

If the axles are in good shape, I still want to try and replace the pins. Might be a fun project. Thanks guys.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JC3
I should have been more specific. This one was on the front left. The front right was also slightly worn. Like other front DCJ's I've seen, the flange was busted off of the axles. So, they were due for an overhaul or replacement.

The rears were a bit worn too. The blade holes were a bit opened up and oval. I swapped the CV's on both sides as well. Rebuild on them coming up.

If the axles are in good shape, I still want to try and replace the pins. Might be a fun project. Thanks guys.
If the bladesare worn then you can replace the blades. In my experience, getting drive pins out of AE axles is more of a chore than its worth. The pins arent exactly press fit in like other manufacturers. They are in there pretty solid.

You initially said rears, but since you are talking about fronts...yes they will wear, especially with the steel spool outdrives vs the plastics. They may last longer with the plastic outdrives but then you'll be wearing the outdrives more. It's a trade off.
JC3 likes this.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RobS
Hopefully the retail price stays reasonable compared to other brands. Otherwise I might be tempted to try something else.
Don' hold your breath on that one or your Face will be as Blue as Associated aluminum
My Guess is that will be just over $500 . Just Because......

Last edited by Lone Drifter; 06-28-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

This is my main frustration with Associated. The kits seem a little overpriced - not horribly but just enough to make it hard to choose them over the other dozen or so good quality not made in North America kits.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
This is my main frustration with Associated. The kits seem a little overpriced - not horribly but just enough to make it hard to choose them over the other dozen or so good quality not made in North America kits.
Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
Don' hold your breath on that one or your Face will be as Blue as Associated aluminum
My Guess is that will be just over $500 . Just Because......
As long as it doesn't start approaching Xray/Awesomatix territory just because that's what those guys charge, I'll be happy. I do expect it to be more then what the 7.1 was though.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

As long as it doesn't start approaching Xray/Awesomatix territory just because that's what those guys charge, I'll be happy. I do expect it to be more then what the 7.1 was though.
no worries, associated has the best parts support in US. While team mica blue price their chassis at around 800-1200 usd range which is really insane.
JC3 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.