Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

N.a.s.c.a.r

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 3.83 average.

Old 11-22-2001, 04:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Just thought, with 3 people asking about the club at once (inc. me), is this higher than normal interest?
If anybody is desperate to get rid of a care-mail me
Sorry about posting 2ce in a row.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
exp speed 8.bmp (23.9 KB, 295 views)
Old 11-22-2001, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

On the outdoor track we race 1/10 touring nitro, 1/10 touring electric and on some of the bigger races 1/10 pan. Probably best bet would be a electric touring car at least you can use it year round.

I know of 2 ppl selling a TC3 touring car, not sure of the price tho. I haven't heard of any 1/12 scale forsale but then agian I didn't ask anyone. Come down to the track, I sure someone there hasa 1/12 sitting on the shelf All you have to do is ask around
Old 11-24-2001, 08:47 PM
Tech Rookie

I think Doug is selling a 12th scale...
Old 11-25-2001, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you might want to ask papa mah and little mah as well if you looking for a 1/12th
Old 11-25-2001, 10:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Based on some earlier posts, I get the idea that there is an off-road track too. I guess that would be 1/8, and the Serpent was an Impulse. Anyways, is there an off-road track right beside the on-road track or something? from the pics it doesn't look like it, but there must be one based on (once again) earlier posts. Maybe I'll get over there to look at the track soon (not that it'll be easy with the snow! )
Old 11-25-2001, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

there is a offroad track located near sherwood park, it about 1 block south from where we held our tricities(the house just as you turn onto meridain st from highway 14). They race 1/10th elec buggies, 1/10 gas, t-maxxes and the occasional 1/8 gas buggies.
The track is on private land and is open weds evening for practice and sat for racing. They are not part of nascar, but we do own the drivers stand.

The serpent impulse is a 1/10 200mm gas touring car.

There may be a few things happening in the spring, rumors for now, but there could be a possbility of a new offroad track opening up.

someone on this forum might be able to clear things up a bit more.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

FYI, there is racing this friday(Nov 30) at king eddie elem school.
Old 11-30-2001, 10:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Wink

Hi, I just purchased a Nitro car and want to do some racing for fun, I don't know much about this hobby because I'm just getting started. I saw the outdoor track on the web and I just want some info on how I can come to the track and learn how to race; like: do I need to join the club in order to race, how much does it cost, are there races for beginners, is there a time when there is no race at all but we can use the track to test our cars out or just play around on our own, etc. I know I probably can't race right now because of the snow but hopefully in the spring unless there's an indoor track somewhere for nitro cars.
THANKS. I hope to see you guys at the track soon.

P.S. I sent this as an email to [email protected] but nobody responded, maybe you guys can help me out.
Old 12-01-2001, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

speedy, I will appolgize for the non reply, our webmaster is currenty working at a new job and has kept him very busy. I will try to answer all your questions.

your first 2 races are free. Races fees for members is $5 for the first class $3 for the second class(if you want to run more than one class per day). Non- members fees are $10 for the first and $5 for the second.

The membership is $60 per person, there is a family package but I don't remember how much that was. That goes towards insurance and upkeep of the track. practice is $3 for everybody.

We do not have a facility for practice in the winter at this time. The current scheduel is:

1 practice night followed by 3 races nights that are totaled for the winter season points series. Last race of the year is Dec 21 and the first race for 2002 is jan 11(first practice night)

The outdoor track is open all summer for members who purchase a key to the track. Races for the summer season is held on sundays.

What car do you own?
Old 12-01-2001, 12:59 PM
Tech Initiate

$60 every year, or (not usually in other clubs so I don't have my hopes up) all-time?
Old 12-01-2001, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

yes, that is $60 every year for membership
Old 12-01-2001, 10:47 PM
Tech Rookie

I own a HPI Nitro RS4 2. How do I know which night is practice and which night is for races? I probably won't join the club just yet becasuse I want to do some practicing and learn how to handle my car. Do I just show up at the track and someone will let me in for $3? Oh and one more question what time do the practice nights start?
Thanks
Old 12-02-2001, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Carbsmith, our yearly membership is due in sept. So if you were to join in the summer months your membership would be
pro-rated.

Speedy, We race on sundays(weather permitting) 11:00 am start till about 4:30-5:00 pm depending on the turn out. As for practice we do not have a set practice day/time. A key can be purchased from the club to allow you to practice at your leisure. Any reasonable time is permitted,ie afternoon and evenings NOT early mornings or late at night. Best day for people practicing would be on sat as most people work during the week and have no energy left to have fun . The $3 rule was not enforced the last year, and is only for people who did not purchase a key.

I forgot to add this, the key price is $20. A small price to pay for facilty you get to use.

I hope I got this all correct
Someone else want to add their 2 bits?
Old 12-02-2001, 12:25 PM
Tech Rookie

So let me see if I got this right, I can purcahse a key for $20 and practice whenever I want and not have to pay the $3 fee? Where would I go to purchase this key? I probably won't purchase it now cause of the snow and stuff but when the track opens up again I'll be there for sure
Thanks for all the help.
Old 12-02-2001, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

The key can be purchased from the club. Wait till were a little closer to spring, the locks will be changed and new keys will be made avalible.

If you have time come to one of our indoor races at king eddie elem shcool. There will be lots of people there and most likely they will know more about the outdoor season than me.

How long have you owned you hpi for?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 3.83 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.