Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
1/8 Buggy/Truggy that can be driven the hardest? >

1/8 Buggy/Truggy that can be driven the hardest?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 Buggy/Truggy that can be driven the hardest?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 1/8 Buggy/Truggy that can be driven the hardest?

Ok... I just dumped my Losi 8ight, couldn't stand how easy I had to drive it to be fast if that makes sense.

I had previously owned a FTE Jammin buggy and loved how it drove, the harder I drove it the faster I was to a point.

Now the question is.... what buggy(s) is like the Jammin that likes to be driven hard? The beef I had with the Jammin was the drivetrain not holding up to much use, having to be replaced more often than other brands.

Is the MBX5R like the Jammin in that it likes to be driven hard? Or ?

Thanks
Old 02-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would say a XB8TQ acould be driven the hardest. But I've never raced one.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

I would look in to an mbx-5. Their customer support is 2nd to none and they don't come out with a new kit once a year. Even when they do updates $30 will get you right back up to where the team drivers are. Not to mention they last a long time. If you give them a call I'm sure you could find some one there to talk about set ups and whether or not the r or the standard buggy would be better suited for your current tracks. If you race on european style tracks that are not very rough the mbx-5 is just as fast if not faster then the r. The r is just better suited for the rutted up american tracks.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Buy back your Jammin'
Old 02-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Barry W
Buy back your Jammin'
I had seriously thought about doing that.... just stuck.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Mugen have their own forum with which the very people who designed the kit will answer your questions? Mugen have gone out of their way to help the people that have bought their kits get better results by providing an easy to use area where you can access tons of setups from complete beginners to the top sponsored guys?
Mugen, not THIRD to anyone... maybe

GeneralG:
Sorry for that, but some people really need to remove heads from certain areas of their being.
*From what ive read from other people* the Mugen performs well if your aggressive with it. The XB8TQ prefers to be driven correctly and will reward you for it.
Someone else may have a completely different perspective on how their kit has gone, i dont know and you shouldnt take the above as being 100% accurate.

Personally i would have thought that you should be able to get the handling characteristics that your looking for from any top level buggy, the further down the scale you go the more fixed in their ways they'll be, but the good kits should allow you to really dial it in however you like to drive.
Im suprised you've not been able to get what you want from the Losi, but hope you have better luck finding something that suits your requirements
Old 02-22-2007, 05:51 PM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Hyper 8.....Less money, great buggy, durable, and the harder you drive it, the more it likes it...
Old 02-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Rookie

I say just buy a new Jammin...
Old 02-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Jammin'
Old 02-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Talking

i would suggest to you to buy a kyosho sp2 (top quality) and if you are having a hard time driving it fast , put the 7.5 K3 rear end on the car , inner pivots ,7.5 arms and 7.5 shocks is all you need the 7.5 rear end has shorter arms and wider inner pivot . better yet just make a spare bolt on rear end. this combines the nimbleness of the new steering ackerman with the super stable rear end of the old car that was very easy to drive hard and produced faster times .
later guys
Monty
Old 02-22-2007, 10:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

XB8 - definitely NOT

I would say a Kyosho SP2... i pushed mine allll the time and it kept coming back for more. It was the most forgiving buggy I ever drove.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hold out for the new AE RC8
Old 02-23-2007, 12:00 AM
Tech Champion

or the new O'donnell buggy
think Odonnell, think Jared Tebo
Old 02-23-2007, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The new XB8EC should be a nice stable car since the engine is moved more rearward and it has massive shocks to help on the bumps. The Xray is an awesome car in a lot of ways, great support from the manufacturer, awesome quality, and its just an awesome car to build. Of course there are so many options out there right now, but if I were to buy a new car it would be an XB8EC because it has the best of he reasons listed above for me.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GeneralG
The beef I had with the Jammin was the drivetrain not holding up to much use, having to be replaced more often than other brands.
all car also like that.. nothing can hold for a long time.. still jammin is the strongest overall..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.