2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 06:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Two cars. I don't remember who they were, though.
Attached Thumbnails 2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway-main2.jpg  
Old 10-31-2004, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by howard hudson
holy crap your RIGHT !!!!!! whats going to happen this tuesday????

Whole post deleted by me so that Adrian wouldn't take personal offense at my attemps to provide a litte humor to this very serious tread.

Last edited by tmunno; 10-31-2004 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tmunno
Howard, we can hope that the next Worlds will be held in a place better able to run such a large venue. Someplace with a trained staff and people to oversee all the important details. Disney World would be such a place, hell we could get Mickey and Goofy to run it. Oh sorry that allready happened.
oh man You crack me up
Old 10-31-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I wish i could have been there
Old 10-31-2004, 07:41 PM

that's funny!!!! wrong numbers on cars that went thru tech at the worlds. Please say its not so. 4 years ago this state damn near wrecked a presidential election and now we don't seem to be able to count any better!
he said " damn near"
Old 10-31-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

some say that Florida did wreck the election.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:30 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by ritchie
he said " damn near"

Old 10-31-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jpilone - The car numbers were correct. There was a change in qualifying order and it was not corrected in the system. I checked with Scotty and Steve about this before letting the cars pass tech for A1.

Last edited by AdrianM; 10-31-2004 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Well that changes things then, don't it.

There are quite a few childish cheap shots in this thread. It's a shame. Keyboard courage run amuck.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

AdrienM, now I'm confused. If the car numbers are correct, and Billy really is car #5, when I want to look for Billy's lap times, do I go to the column for car #5 (the number he was running) or car #6 (the number the scoring sheets say is Billy's car)?

Should I take a pen, and cross out the #5 for Billy, and change it to a #6?

I guess what I'm asking, is which column of lap times really is Billy's times, the column under #5 or the one under #6?
Old 10-31-2004, 08:59 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by mikemyers
AdrienM, now I'm confused. If the car numbers are correct, and Billy really is car #5, when I want to look for Billy's lap times, do I go to the column for car #5 (the number he was running) or car #6 (the number the scoring sheets say is Billy's car)?

Should I take a pen, and cross out the #5 for Billy, and change it to a #6?

I guess what I'm asking, is which column of lap times really is Billy's times, the column under #5 or the one under #6?
Billy qualified 5th. Surikarn qualified 6th.

Kumpol
Old 10-31-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Adrian: I was not attacking you personally, it was a joke about numbers. Period!! We were there first thing Sat. to work Jorge told us to hang around. 3 times we asked to work 3 times we were told I"ll be with you . I quess he had enough help as he never asked us to do anything. I don't know why you have to mention my wife or daughter, they didn't have any thing to do with Howard or my posts. For what you guys did accomplish great job but this whole race opened more controversy (as in closed treads about secret deals) then the whole world needed to know about.

Bodido Keyboard courage, that's when you don't use your real name .

Adrian post has been deleated sorry if you didn't like my brand of humor.

Last edited by tmunno; 10-31-2004 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Still a cheap shot bud....

Chad Martin
Old 10-31-2004, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mike - Kumpol is correct. With regards to which lap time column to look at I can't say. As the Tech Boss at the event I really tried to focus only on matters pertaining to tech. Timing and Scoring was all Scotty with lots of help from Jarrod and a few others.

With regards to the software used for timing and scoring....IFMAR mandated what was used.....SPARKS or AUTOSCORE and Jorge picked AUTOSCORE because he was most familiar with it.

With regards to missing laps. Yes it happened to about one or two guys per round. But we had 2 computers running on separate loops and errors were easy to identify and correct. Most missed laps were due to incorrect personal transponder mounting, low batt voltage at the end of a run or big air curb jumps over the primary loop
Old 10-31-2004, 09:18 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Idiots for many Associated Rejects aka "IFMAR"

that's funny!!!! wrong numbers on cars that went thru tech at the worlds. Please say its not so. 4 years ago this state damn near wrecked a presidential election and now we don't seem to be able to count any better!

That is funny as hell, but they have improved, the computers made the mistake and the humans caught the problem, so I think they have learned to count a little better.

I have thoughts,

The coverage was pretty good I wasn't disapointed. I think the staff did there job, they obviously busted there butts and did the best they could under the circumstances.

IFMAR however, Should probably stand for::

Idiots for Many Associated Rejects

I mean holding 2 Worlds events in a three week period. Moronic
I ran into Barry Baker before he left for Florida and he was sick from Brazil, now maybe he was feeling better by race time but all that flying and being sick like that takes it's toll.

The facility had no provided power, and people had to go far to find a internet outlet to get information to the Public.
IFMAR should require a high speed outlet be avalible to the media at events such as this, they should require post race press conference. Power should be required at the Track, and be avalible to all without any problems. and that whole exclusivity thing with RC Driver I mean WTF.

IFMAR pull your head out of you a..

Congrats to Marc, It's great the USA hosts a huge event like this and Team USA gets dominated.

What Did we only have 1 driver in the A-main ???? and I think that was Matt Francis an offroad guy wtf!!!!!
Three American cars made the Main, and 2 of those american cars were not driven by USA drivers.

my 2 cents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.