Wiki Posts
Search

CLEVELAND US INDOOR CHAMPS 2008

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by adamge
Sanity check:

Was I the only one that saw Artur C's car doing smoking donuts while warming up for his TC mod qualifier (I think it was Saturday)?
Yep, I was standing there and seen it. Impressive to say the least!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does anyone know how the scheduling program did?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
As far as I seen, it worked flawlessly. Personally, I think you made it to perfection!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Warner
As far as I seen, it worked flawlessly. Personally, I think you made it to perfection!
Awesome, I will let my dad know. He did the coding.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The only thing that could make the program better would be to have a way to put the start time for the next day in. That way we would know about what time our race was up in the morning without having to add up the race times.

The scheduling program was way better than what they had and worked great once the first race of the day started.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Regional Moderator

One suggestion is to shrink the width of the window displaying the schedule. Fully 25% of the width of the TV screen was "dead space" (just empty space). If the schedule window was narrower, either more of the web cams, or preferrably, scoring and timing information could be shown. The web cams displayed on the in room TV channel are almost worthless, since the frame rate is low, resulting in nothing but blurs when cars go by. You can't tell which cars are which. I think that the scoring/timing info would be more worthwhile.

Oh, and what a relief that the fire alarms didn't go off this year. I think my headache from last year's episodes while on the drivers stand are finally gone.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by adamge
Sanity check:

Was I the only one that saw Artur C's car doing smoking donuts while warming up for his TC mod qualifier (I think it was Saturday)?
I was in the scoring booth and it was crazy... I took a picture of the carpet after he did it and posted it to my site. I just wish I would of had video of it, it looked sweet.

got a few bugs to work out as was posted it didn't have the full screen showing the right side cut off the main titles. but I need to talk to him about that. tell your dad to send me an email to discuss.

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
One suggestion is to shrink the width of the window displaying the schedule. Fully 25% of the width of the TV screen was "dead space" (just empty space). If the schedule window was narrower, either more of the web cams, or preferrably, scoring and timing information could be shown. The web cams displayed on the in room TV channel are almost worthless, since the frame rate is low, resulting in nothing but blurs when cars go by. You can't tell which cars are which. I think that the scoring/timing info would be more worthwhile.
I personally have tried to do that on a budget for the last 3 years. guess I'll have to spend some money next year. The tv in our hotel room you could make out the cars at least I thought so. but I don't think you could get anything to show the cars in mod as they were just blurs anyway. the way I was pipping that to the internet it was going to be slow and I can't make the selfcast window any bigger without changing the res of the screen to 800x600 which changes the schedule program. have to see if I can work that out better. sort of got the latest version of the schedule program monday night before I left tuesday morning for cleveland. not a lot of time for testing. now that I have it we can mess with things to make it better for next year.

on a sub note how about video of the races..... 12th 17.5 "A" main
Old 12-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Hey all..

Just a little concern. This is a first in many years I have seen Eli leave The Champs with out hardware from a top spot. He also has been missing in these forums.
This might explain it....

Old 12-04-2008, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
Maybe that's when I'll start my Masters winning streak!!
Maybe...........but first you must be "initiated"
Old 12-04-2008, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That picture explains a lot of things I have always wondered,

First, Eli does use "the force" to drive.

Second, Smyka has amazing taste in socks. I would have thought getting marred would have take care of that pesky dressing his self problem?

Notice the younger guys trash talk before the event and the Masters guys trash talk after the event?
Old 12-04-2008, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

That wasn't Smyka... It was the wicked witch of the west and she put a spell on Eli.

Next time use a squirt gun on the witch before the main.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
Maybe...........but first you must be "initiated"
You forget he races with Goetz every week....he has been initiated several thousand times by now!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
You forget he races with Goetz every week....he has been initiated several thousand times by now!
You're assuming that Goetz races every week. Hard to race with your car in pieces. Can't vouch for the initiation, though...
Old 12-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Well I had a great time racing all week. It was nice to meet some new friends, and say hi to some from the past.

Thanks to Mr. Bill and company that put on a great show. I thought overall the race was run really well.

Thanks to Nick for the borrowed 13.5 power, Dumper, "Gentleman Mitch", Nick, and John for all the set-up tips and tricks. Thanks to whoever gave me the red center spring as there was not one available in the store.

I have a few things that I would like to see changed for next year.
1. If registered for multiple classes, either: A. Let us have a t-shirt for each class, or B. Reduce the entry fee accordingly.
2. Door prizes. I would like to see this be put on as little more of a presentation. Maybe during the concourse/dinner event drawings could be made and announced.

Just a thought, but again, great job to all who made the race happen. Lots of close racing this year.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
...Racing is NOT about winning and losing (especially if you're not getting paid to do it). it's about the "experience" of attempting to win or lose. Only one person is going to be thee winner, so the other hundreds need to figure out how to make the experience a good time (and I feel 99 out of 100 do). It's a hobby, it's what you want it to be. I like the experiences and the storys. And MAN did we get some good ones. Like the crazy lady with the neck tattoos at White Castle. Watching our man Evan snap 6 t-bars and tie his old record, and the excellent teasing that will go on for MONTHS... Or watching the poor TSA guy dig through a week of old socks to get to the power supply in my bag...
HA! Yeah, she was a total crazy and only added to the White Castle experience. Can't say I've ever been into a fast food joint that had bullet proof glass at the counter...

I couldn't agree more, this SHOULD be fun. It's easy to lose sight of that. Whenever I get mad about a race, I do my best to take a step back and remind myself why I do this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.