Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just been talking to Henrik C (orions webmaster) and they just got a link to hook up on, and he promised more updates under the touring car race

he has done the uptates form where they are living under the worlds
Old 10-26-2004, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by TigeRyan
Haven't they ever heard that you can use your cell phone for internet access??? I mean it isnt even expensive any more, ....

But it is still cool to get some coverage

If you live in Denmark and are in the US then its expensive
Old 10-26-2004, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Scoring Pro
Adam, what kind of Harley do you have ? I grew up near Willie G's house, I am friends with Bill Davidson. Were you up here fo the 100th anniversary ?

Billy D. and I both used to race MX, and he actually raced Rex Statens old Harley Factory Motocross bike. Every race he would look at my Honda CR250 and say "I wish I could race one of those...". I don't think dirt bikes was there strong suit.
I grew up on rice rockets so I am a big fan of the sportsters handeling. Thats what I'm riding now. The old Harley mx bikes left a lot to be desired.

I'm looking to build an old skool bobber this winter to take a lot of road trips on. Maybe I'll swing out that way in the spring since I have no definate planed route yet. Its always nice to meet other riders from other parts of the country that can show you all of the great local spots to ride.

I didn't go to the 100th but I wish I could have been there. It looked like a lot of fun.

Shoot me an email some time [email protected] so we don't overrun this thread eith H-D stuff.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

My pocket PC has wireless Internet....This is the worlds...bring your A game or dont bring anything!
Old 10-26-2004, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by HappyHippo
Just been talking to Henrik C (orions webmaster) and they just got a link to hook up on, and he promised more updates under the touring car race

he has done the uptates form where they are living under the worlds
If Hara would of won 1/12 they would of had updates all over the place.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

Based on Jarod's previous post, I don't believe the lack of inclusion of lap times has anything to do with the software. The officials (according to Jarod) made a conscious decision to "withold" that detail and just let the results be posted.

Great coverage Jarod....great photos...know it's lots of work and we all do appreciate it.

bob
Old 10-26-2004, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Dragonfire

Credit to masami, 3 12th titles in a row. Maybe they should give him the 2006 title now and save a few days racing.

Maybe in 2K6 the Worlds could be held on CARPET. That would substantially level the playing field in my opinion.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by CypressMidWest
Maybe in 2K6 the Worlds could be held on CARPET. That would substantially level the playing field in my opinion.
Forgive my lack of knowledge... but why would that level the field ?

E
Old 10-26-2004, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

AMEN brother. 12th is a CARPET class.

asphalt's cool too, but c'mon, the last 3 worlds have been on asphalt. let's get it back to the roots. what's next 8th on-road in the dirt?
Old 10-26-2004, 10:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

They need to have a facility that has an indoor carpet track for 1/12 and an outdoor asphalt track for sedans.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Sedans are perfectly capable of running on carpet.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnnywhopper
AMEN brother. 12th is a CARPET class.

asphalt's cool too, but c'mon, the last 3 worlds have been on asphalt. let's get it back to the roots. what's next 8th on-road in the dirt?
I thought 12h started on asphalt? I may be wrong though...
Old 10-26-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Once again.... Why carpet over asphalt, why would this level the playing field?
Old 10-26-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by EricF
Forgive my lack of knowledge... but why would that level the field ?

E
Americans run very little 12th asphalt, but we tend to run A TON of carpet. The single biggest on-road race in the world is on carpet, and virtually all of our chassis are designed for Carpet.

And I agree with Whopper, run the TC's on carpet. And if you wanna make it REALLY great run foams on 'em!!
Old 10-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Bob Barry
My pocket PC has wireless Internet....This is the worlds...bring your A game or dont bring anything!
Absolutely right Bob..... For a compagny like ORION, i think it won't be worth to buy even a 3G card to be totally operational....

My group and me have not a cent to do the live but we still do it and with the help of racers we can do a good job,... But it's true we are suffering from the lack of money..... But we are going to organise everything to offer a very good coverage on the ISTC WC....

I've been 4 years ago in Florida, and even at this time it was possible to have a good acces from a mobile phone, it was expensive but it was still working.... and like all we say, in our day, there is no excuse.... Even to leave your webmaster in Europe and call him from florida it's not expensive..... So no excuse...

A job is a job, do it well or don't do anything......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.