Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree70Likes

James Racing Tires

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2019, 12:23 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: James Racing Tires
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Evoking1230
James Racing Tire Prep/Gluing Tips

1. Use non-chlorinated brake cleaner or Alcohol to clean bead of tire.
2. Dremel wheel bead. This gives it a good bonding surface. Clean after dremel with above cleaners mentioned above.
3. Use loctite professional glue.
4. Enjoy!

What James Racing Tires are compared to in other brands:

PL suppressor - Y-Zip
PL lockdown - Revenger
PL fugetive - Defenders
PL blockade - Y-Zip or Revenger
PL switchblade - Wasper

Dot Evo works on wet or dusty tracks and every track condition.
Wasper is like a Hole Shot/Buck Shot.
I-Blocks are amazing on dusty blue grooves.
X-Cross is like a Bow Tie.

The rubber wears like iron and the SS compound is close to a M3 PL and if sauced with PB Blaster, feels like a M4. The 5 rib inserts are like Dirt Techs so they don't break down fast like PL foams do.

"Compound Chart"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoking1230
So is there a chart for which compound to go with in what weather/conditions?

I live in Texas and currently in the 70’s-80’s. Lately, occasional 50’s-60’s. And of course the 90’s in the summer and then some.
Thanks.
/Quote

There is no chart, but traction level is more important than temps. Use SS for low grip, Soft for high grip, and Medium for extreme/abrasive grip levels.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Just ordered my first James tires. DOT EVO SS. Hope they work out.
nickcza likes this.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:14 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VPProUSA
We got a shipment in yesterday. There are all new compounds for 2019 forward.
Super Soft (M4) - same as before, compare to JConcepts Green
Soft (M3) - now harder then before, a noticeable difference from SS. Feels like a SLW
Medium (m2) - firm compound, same as before

The new soft is now right in between Super soft and medium.
So use SS for low grip, soft for medium grip, and medium for high grip/abrasive tracks.
yeah the stuff I got that is SS didn't feel like a Jconcepts green, more like a proline x4. So if the enw stuff feels like a Jconcepts Green thats good.

Old 05-30-2019, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Got my tires today, but kinda disappointed no tire bag. Other than that the tires seem awesome.
VPProUSA likes this.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I want to order some Waspers from Dialed but I can't add them or any other product to my cart. What's going on?
Old 05-30-2019, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by frewster
I want to order some Waspers from Dialed but I can't add them or any other product to my cart. What's going on?
The cart is working fine here on my computer and we just received 2 orders. Try another browser or delete your cookies and refresh the page.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by VPProUSA
The cart is working fine here on my computer and we just received 2 orders. Try another browser or delete your cookies and refresh the page.
Thanks. I tried another browser and it worked. Looking forward to my first new tires in years.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TruggyStyle
Hello Guys,

I need some help to find the right tires. On my local Track the AKA I-Beam in Super Soft work very well on my Truggy. Other Buggy-Guys are running Schumacher Mini Pin but I can't get them now, so I would like to try some James Racing.
The Track is full covert with Hockey/Tennis Carpet.
So I'm not sure what tire is the best. I think the Dot Evo or X-Cross can work.
I hope you can help me...
had the same problem with my buggy, fixed it by replacing the tires with the ones that are mentioned by the OP
Old 06-04-2019, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Got my two full sets of Waspers for RC Pro today and they feel good! I got soft and medium. Can't tell that big of a difference but the wheels, rubber, and foams feel good. Hope they work well at the track this week.
VPProUSA and ryanster1999 like this.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:03 AM
Tech Initiate

So far I've tried the I-Block in Super Soft and Defenders in Soft. I found the Super Soft gets loose after a few laps in the heat we have, but both tyres have been great on our hard pack, sometimes dusty tracks.
ryanster1999 likes this.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Proline comparison

Hello,

I was hoping to get some help on tire comparison. I have been running proline buckshot and holeshot in the S3 and M3 compound. What James Racing tires would compare to these?
Old 11-12-2019, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Kotton23
Hello,

I was hoping to get some help on tire comparison. I have been running proline buckshot and holeshot in the S3 and M3 compound. What James Racing tires would compare to these?
James Wasper Soft, depending on track conditions, the James tires would be faster for me than S3 Buckshots, just be sure to prep the tires properly so they don't come unglued. James is a pinch harder compound and go significantly faster if you get a blue groove, it's almost like cheating! I'd have to go with a thicker front sway bar to prevent traction rolling!
Old 11-13-2019, 07:24 AM
Tech Legend

may have to try the waspers then if they are like a buckshot or better, that is a hot tire out in this area.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
may have to try the waspers then if they are like a buckshot or better, that is a hot tire out in this area.
Waspers are not always better, conditions have to be just right, if the track is green and hasn't grooved up yet then buckshots tend to go a pinch faster. Be sure to check your beads after every run, Waspers tend to need to be spot glued periodically because the extra traction puts a lot of stress on the beads. I learned to run slightly thicker center diff so the front tires would balloon less and minimize chance of throwing a tire. Some guys a few posts up were showing some glue that will never release the beads, but you won't be able to recycle the wheels in acetone.
Cain likes this.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kotton23
Hello,

SS=X4 or M3
S=X3
M=M2

Waspers are better on grooved tracks. On loamy or loose dusty tracks try Dot Evo.

Last edited by VPProUSA; 11-13-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:39 AM
Tech Legend

the SS felt to me like an X4 personally.

The Dot evos are a nice all around tire, even when stuff got more hard packed out here they were a consistent tire to go to if you got out of the line. Wish I had them in the Soft as they would have been killer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.