Search
Like Tree305Likes

Xray X1 - Formula One Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Useless RC info
This might have been covered here but I can't seem to find an answer.

I have a 2015 X1 and the front camber isn't the same when I place the same spacers in both sides. I'm using a Hudy setup station to check the camber angles. I have checked all the bushings and related ball joints, measured the distances with calipers to the centerline of the car to the kingpin hole on each side but for some reason I just can't seem to find where the discrepancy is. I read on here that this chassis is subject to tweak so my next step was to take off the wheels and tighten it up on a setup board but, I have almost a full 1 degree of camber difference side to side before this. In order to get the camber the same, I needed to use the two dot on one side and the one dot on the other. That gave me a 2 degree setting finally.

Also, I have made sure all the spacers on the kingpin are identical with calipers.

Any suggestions at this point are welcome. It's just driving me nuts trying to find the issue.
I run the 15 as well and noticed it too. I found I could get it close by loosening the front end screws on the top deck and moving it around until it is close, then tighten the screws.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
I run TQ16 to the motor with a TQ sensor wire. I do 14 to the battery.
Same here.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Useless RC info
This might have been covered here but I can't seem to find an answer.

I have a 2015 X1 and the front camber isn't the same when I place the same spacers in both sides. I'm using a Hudy setup station to check the camber angles. I have checked all the bushings and related ball joints, measured the distances with calipers to the centerline of the car to the kingpin hole on each side but for some reason I just can't seem to find where the discrepancy is. I read on here that this chassis is subject to tweak so my next step was to take off the wheels and tighten it up on a setup board but, I have almost a full 1 degree of camber difference side to side before this. In order to get the camber the same, I needed to use the two dot on one side and the one dot on the other. That gave me a 2 degree setting finally.

Also, I have made sure all the spacers on the kingpin are identical with calipers.

Any suggestions at this point are welcome. It's just driving me nuts trying to find the issue.
Most of the time it appens when one of your aluminium mount is twisted or the carbon is damaged underneath , you should check it.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Friulimotosport
Do I need to get two sets?
Thanks
No, only one is needed. The countersunk holes are drilled so it fits on the right side post. You keep the plastic battery retainers in front. I had to move my electronics slightly to allow the clip to "swing" in place.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

come on x1 17
Old 12-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Need help in getting rear end to stick better. Running on grey carpet on sweep tires. What ajustsments can I make ex. axle,side springs, centre shock oil and spring.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Need help in getting rear end to stick better. Running on grey carpet on sweep tires. What ajustsments can I make ex. axle,side springs, centre shock oil and spring.
Use better tires, the sweeps are garbage. The standard setup is shimuza 571/572 with the crc and tcs tires being interchangeable. Shimuza 574/575 tires also work well.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mtveten
Use better tires, the sweeps are garbage. The standard setup is shimuza 571/572 with the crc and tcs tires being interchangeable. Shimuza 574/575 tires also work well.
Tires came with the car. I'll pick up a set of shimuza before next outing.
Thanks
Old 12-05-2016, 05:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have been running a Fenix gear diff in my X1 and love it. 7 of the 30 cars in F1 at The Indoor Champs were using the diff. Something else to consider.

chuck
Old 12-05-2016, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

I ordered a X1 2017 but can't seem to find in the manual or easily online the maximum battery dimensions. Can anyone help me out?
Old 12-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29
I ordered a X1 2017 but can't seem to find in the manual or easily online the maximum battery dimensions. Can anyone help me out?
https://teamxray.com/x1/2017/en/download/

Hope it helps :-)
Old 12-05-2016, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by IAmGreatDane

I looked through the manual already and parts lists and do not see maximum battery dimensions for the chassis anywhere. That's what I was looking for help with specifically.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

have you tried loosening the diff'? I found that when mine was too tight the rear had a tendency to want to swing out, especially if I accelerated a bit hard. I loosened my rear diff', much more than what the manual recommended and now it handles really well to the point where it is difficult to get it to spin out or lose traction.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29

I looked through the manual already and parts lists and do not see maximum battery dimensions for the chassis anywhere. That's what I was looking for help with specifically.
Shorty Pack

Never seen a SHORTY pack that wont fit
Old 12-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JayL
Shorty Pack

Never seen a SHORTY pack that wont fit
I typically check the actual dimensions just to be on the safe side but if there is enough margin for any SHORTY pack to fit then I'll just order some. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.