Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Why won't my starter box turn my engine over? >

Why won't my starter box turn my engine over?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why won't my starter box turn my engine over?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Ive shimmed a box or two before adding some washers under the wheel unit where it mounts to the box.

Tyler
Old 07-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

If your new to starter boxes they can be a pain to set up, but it looksliek your ont he right track, you can also take a file to the wheel on each side to make the outer edge smaller to fit between the frame. just set the file against the wheel and start the wheel spining... this along with dremeling the edge of the opeing as said before will help...good luck....
Old 07-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by butch man
Those instructions linked a few posts above give a basic how to ,to eliminate your pushing,pulling,swaying problems. Also chamfering the chassis will help with that also.
What's that?
Old 07-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Whats what? Stopping your car from moving around on starter box?

See the pins sticking up from the top of the boxs? Those go in the armpits,where chassis & arms meet or as close to there as possable you gotta RIG sometimes.If your pins are installed correctly you should be able to toss your car on the starter & they will line your line your flywheel up perfectly over the starter wheel every time.The instructions for your box were linked by Pyromania 1/2 way down first page.

& for other style box...

As for the chamfer if you have the correct flywheel & pins are set up propperly you wont need it but all my cars get it anyway incase I have to use someone elses box & looks like this...

If your motor still has a lot of pinch the flywheel may still get stuck & using a screw driver to pry/rotate it is common till your motor is broken in(metal pinch goes away) then it should be a lot easier to start.