Search

motor analyzer

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default motor analyzer

Hello,
I have seen a rc motor analyzer for sale in several locations. These would seem useful for comparing multiple motors or selecting the best components if you have many to choose from.
Howerver, there has to more to them than that.
Can you use it to find the optimal timing setting for max rpm and max torque? If so, how do you do this? and is it worth getting one of these?
Note: I race both on-road and off-road cars, so I would use this for both.

thanks,
tim
Old 08-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Tim, we sell and use the G Force Motor analyzer. Its a little trial and error. If your looking to get max numbers. By turning up timing, you can see how rpm will max out, there will be point where the amp draw will rise without gain in any rpm. The biggest part is that you need to use a constant a power source as possible, so if using a battery you have to make sure the battery is charged at similar level for each test.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is the G-Force and SkyRC analyzers the same ? They look the same with just a different label.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

They are the same
Old 08-18-2015, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks... I thought so.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Tim, we sell and use the G Force Motor analyzer. Its a little trial and error. If your looking to get max numbers. By turning up timing, you can see how rpm will max out, there will be point where the amp draw will rise without gain in any rpm. The biggest part is that you need to use a constant a power source as possible, so if using a battery you have to make sure the battery is charged at similar level for each test.
I'm assuming you can use a variable power supply? If so, how many amps would you need?

Would this work as a constant source of power - http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Vari...e+power+supply
Old 08-19-2015, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dave-man
I'm assuming you can use a variable power supply? If so, how many amps would you need?

Would this work as a constant source of power - http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Vari...e+power+supply
I wouldn't try less than a 30a power supply. Even though you can start the motor up slowly, better not to push the situation. I have seen motors at 10amps on my analyzer at full song.

G Force and SkyRc are similar units. Difference --- G Force has distribution and customer support that is here in the US.