Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2001, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

mike_webb - You should be able to have your local hobby shop order if for you without a problem. The part number is 6225 and here's a pic..........
http://www.brpracing.com/6225.html
Old 09-23-2001, 06:01 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I finally broke something today.. First time in like 4 races. I broke 1 castor block... 2 spindles... 1 spindle was graphite, and one stock.

It takes a pretty nice hit, but if you clip the wall just right...pow... nuff said.

It is one tough cookie though....
Old 09-23-2001, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Speaking of castor blocks, does anyone else think the castor blocks with the "anti-indentation" (whatever that stick outy thing is really called) touches up against the shock to much? I've ended up using 100% AE castor blocks (0, 2 & 4 degree ones) they don't seem to break any more than the Losi ones even after dremelling the cotout to clear the dogbone end, but they come nowhere near the shocks.
Old 09-23-2001, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I've finally managed to break this car after two months of hard abuse on my part.Not only did I break it once but three times within three batteries at two different tracks.Broke a hub carrier(TC3 part) last night on the last lap of the A main but did manage to limp around without loosing my position.Today,I broke another carrier(Losi part) in pratice and then I preceeded to wipe a front a-arm off in the first qualifier.Beginning to think that I had been hexed by my Jokomo driving buds or something......maybe should of stayed in bed this morning.......???
Old 09-23-2001, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by HarshGuy
Speaking of castor blocks, does anyone else think the castor blocks with the "anti-indentation" (whatever that stick outy thing is really called) touches up against the shock to much? I've ended up using 100% AE castor blocks (0, 2 & 4 degree ones) they don't seem to break any more than the Losi ones even after dremelling the cotout to clear the dogbone end, but they come nowhere near the shocks.
Be weary of the the AE castor blocks. They will provide a temporary solution but provide too much steering throw which causes excess stress on the cvd. The steering throw is increased by at least 3 degrees. You can place limiters on the steering knuckles and reduce the throw via your radio.
Old 09-23-2001, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

mine does not hit the retainer....and i think that the ae peices will further agrivate the front cvd prob....you will bend more bones with them...
Old 09-23-2001, 09:42 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I have not bent anything since I put the AE castor blocks on, but it has only been 2 racedays with them on, so who knows. Your mileage will obviously vary.

I am sure that once the next wave of parts for the car hits the shelves, with the Losi castor blocks and (hopefully) some different driveshaft options, we'll have it all worked out.
Old 09-24-2001, 04:45 AM
RCTech Member #2

I bent a CVD also this last weekend... It looked like a wet noodle... I've never bent a CVR that bad....

I really didn't hit the wall that hard, but the angle i hit at with me turning in that direction litterally caught the wheel... riped it back and up... It ended up being in my windshield...
Old 09-24-2001, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Has anybody had any problems with the bearings in the spur gear yet?
My car chewed up two spur gears on Saturday until I figured out that one of the bearings was shot and had a lot of play.
Old 09-24-2001, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i have not had that prob...but...bearings will blow...make sure it is not too tight....
Old 09-24-2001, 09:54 AM
RCTech Member #2

Matt - What do you think i should get other than the shocks?
Old 09-24-2001, 10:22 AM
Rog
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys. I'm getting my XXX-S in a few days and I've got a quick question. I've gone ahead and gotten the Losi threaded shock bodies already. Part #A-5053 right? Is this the short shock body or the normal one? Also, any building tips? Thanks
Old 09-24-2001, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Mr.Losi,
yes, bearings do blow, but I wouldn't expect it at the very first race with a stock motor.

To be quite honest, the car has a few issues I don't like:

1.) The issue with the front shock shafts being too long
2.) The shock eyelets pop off REALLY easy
3.) The set screws are a joke, because of the way too soft plastic they are threated into. They don't hold their settings during a race.
4.) The spur gear bearings
5.) ALL screws and turnbuckles started rusting before I even had a chance to run the car for the first time. This doen't affect performance, but heck, the car looks older than my 2 year old Yokomo.

Well,maybe I'm just spoiled by my Yokomo, but I think Losi needs to fix this stuff to live up to their reputation.
Old 09-24-2001, 10:41 AM
Suspended

Cool Need a chassis, any preferences?

I just bought an xxx's and it has a broken chassis.
The guy that sold it to me busted the thing in half!!

I Can't believe it only cost me $ 50 bucks!! What a deal!
anyway what is available as far as a chassis goes? should I get a new stock one or are there any better choices, Graphite,etc
I usually race a TC3 and don't know much about the new losi car yet.
I really want to see how it fares against another car.
Old 09-24-2001, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I bought the graphite chassis and it's gorgeous, but I haven't used it yet. The car is working so well right now with the original chassis I haven't bothered to switch.

You'll do fine with either chassis, if your budget allows, you may as well get the graphite and shave some grams off the car.

Trips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.