Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
D, please change your avatar. Much as I like our national flower, it doesn't look right ... in fact in looks like it belongs to a xxx site.
It looks like a very SORE hemorrhoid!
Old 03-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: DOG BONES

Originally posted by GoldFinger
With Ellegy rims, you can make 197mm trackwidth pecisely using Impact FR Dogbone.
But your tire cannot go bigger than 63mm, very close to hit the axles when you press down the car.
I understand your point here; I'm working on a project and I need the shorter dogbones: 61-62.5 mm long.

InitialD: please check that big box of old parts you have under your bed and see if you can find something, BITTE' !
jack
Old 03-27-2004, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by clmbia45
is that what that is?
Old 03-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by clmbia45
clmbia45's imagination is runnig wild!
Old 03-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
clmbia45's imagination is runnig wild!
Old 03-27-2004, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by markp27
Hey Cox049, old buddy Hope you don't mind, but I liked you paint scheme so much, I pinched it I've used a more serpent friendly colour of course

I don't have my Digi cam at the moment, but here's what it looks like.

Cheers, Mark.
Haha You know at first I didn't recognize it was my car!! I was focused only on the car and didn't look the mess around it!! lol And it looks great! I'll do my next just like that.

Anyone know what orange name is "serpent" orange for lexan?
Old 03-27-2004, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Rain Tires

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
as far as water proofing all i do is the receiver i wrap it with a ballon and clear silicone, and thats it servos are usually water tight i took my sterring servo appart one time after a run and it was completly dry in the inside.
I personally run 2 balloons. Problem is little pebbles or debris can be kicked up and tear the balloons. To be totally sure you are completely waterproof, open up the receiver and completely coat the circuit board with red candlewax. Once the leads are in I normally run somemore down in the from the outside of the receiver.

Servos do keep a lot of the water out but after a short time the o-rings wear. I personlly advice people here to use a silcone seal on the servo case at all the joints for extra precaution (we get a lot of rain here in the UK - never had radio problems in 10yrs).
Old 03-27-2004, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Wut ya think of my avatar?

Clue: Its NOT Binladen
Old 03-27-2004, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Rain Tires

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
I personally run 2 balloons. Problem is little pebbles or debris can be kicked up and tear the balloons. To be totally sure you are completely waterproof, open up the receiver and completely coat the circuit board with red candlewax. Once the leads are in I normally run somemore down in the from the outside of the receiver.

Servos do keep a lot of the water out but after a short time the o-rings wear. I personlly advice people here to use a silcone seal on the servo case at all the joints for extra precaution (we get a lot of rain here in the UK - never had radio problems in 10yrs).
Palmaris, and how do you manage the frequency changing ?
Old 03-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Rain Tires

Originally posted by cox049
Palmaris, and how do you manage the frequency changing ?
I never have had to deal with that problem luckily. I have only used the one frequency and never had to change it in 14yrs. I have only seen my frequency once last year here in all that time. 14yrs ago my dad put out a lot of money to ensure I was the only one with my frequency in the country for 10yrs.

But in saying that changing crystals here is a real nightmare. Everyone runs 2 balloons and the Servos on most cars are strapped to the receiver mount by lots of insulation tape. Takes a good 5-10minutes to change frequencies over here. But its better than changing receivers every other week due to water (which we see a lot of ).
Old 03-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Wut ya think of my avatar?

Clue: Its NOT Binladen
LOOKS LIKE SATURDAY NIGHT IN D.C.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Rain Tires

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe

thanks im going to try that on my servos next time!!
Old 03-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default tyre sizes

hi, can someone tell me what is the effect of using larger tyres in the front than in the rear (overdrive vrs underdrive?)

I was quickly ready an artice on RCx Mag, and it talked about the drive train radio? I guess people play with that stuff . or not? (by changing the pulleys and tyre size?)
Old 03-27-2004, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: tyre sizes

Originally posted by Profoxcg
hi, can someone tell me what is the effect of using larger tyres in the front than in the rear (overdrive vrs underdrive?)

I was quickly ready an artice on RCx Mag, and it talked about the drive train radio? I guess people play with that stuff . or not? (by changing the pulleys and tyre size?)
i usually run the front about 1mm smaller than the back , i never run the front bigger than the back my car tends to push alot that way, i get better steering response cutting the front tyre
Old 03-27-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Haha You know at first I didn't recognize it was my car!! I was focused only on the car and didn't look the mess around it!! lol And it looks great! I'll do my next just like that.

Anyone know what orange name is "serpent" orange for lexan?
Jesus Cox, you look scary!!! I shouldn't have messed with you I used the flourecent Orange, as when it is backed with Silver it tones down the colour. Also I used a Blue Sunstripe on the windscreen just to finish off the Serpent/Dutch colours - looks really good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.