Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tub Cyclone `S`

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys I'm new here. I just got my cyclone S setup and I reversed it into a curb medium speed and I broke the battery clip post.... I supper glued it but wondered if other people have had the problem. Also I was wondering whether replacing the belt pulleys and putting aluminum ones is worth it?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

nope to both;Get a 3racing graphite chassis first@ around 35bucks--you will be happier.I did
Old 07-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GWTW
Hey guys I'm new here. I just got my cyclone S setup and I reversed it into a curb medium speed and I broke the battery clip post.... I supper glued it but wondered if other people have had the problem. Also I was wondering whether replacing the belt pulleys and putting aluminum ones is worth it?
In the two and a half years Ive run the cyclone S I have only broken a left front knuckle I've only raced it though never bashed. I wouldnt buy anything 3 racing for the car to be honest you might as well go buy a second hand cyclone black instead of upgrading the chassis of the S and I would keep the rigid tub chassis as it doesnt tweak like a carbon fibre chassis. Upgrade the centre layshaft system to the exact same one in the cyclone TC so you have more gearing options as well. It's a great car in the right hands But just stay away from anything 3 racing as it throws out other things on the car ie I used 3racing bearing holders and they were 1 squashing the bearings and 2 they didnt allow the belt to be adjusted freely enough so I went back to original plastic ones.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Does anybody has the link to the manual of Cyclone S Drift Special Edition?

If not, does it come with universal shafts front/rear?

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default spacer

Originally Posted by airwoods
For those of you running the s have you tried running the larger 2mm spacer in front of the rear axel to make for a longer wheelbase?Right now i have the smaller 5mm one in the front and was wondering if i swapped them it would give me more rear end grip and not loop out as much when harder on the throttle around corners.
rear end:

put the 2 mm shim at the back and .5mm front (short wheel base) and make sure you do the same at your knuckles...yeh more rear bite...as for me i just let the front end stock(long wheel base)...hope this helps...just try it if it does'nt work for you just put it back the same way and do some other changes...
Old 08-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello, Im just wondering were does everyone get there 3racing parts I'm looking for the main chassis and upper deck specifically.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GWTW
Hello, Im just wondering were does everyone get there 3racing parts I'm looking for the main chassis and upper deck specifically.
From www.3racing.com
Old 08-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

I would also get the aluminum c-hubs the front knuckles and the rear uprights . 3racing products are quite good I've never had a problem. Good luck:
Old 08-13-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have just put together a cyclone s and I just put on the tc schocks on. However I am still looking for aluminum shock collars for them. I cant seem to find the Pro 4 ones anywhere can someone tell me whose aluminum shock collars will fit on this car and who has them in stock.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:29 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

You could call or email HPI and ask if the Sprint 2 shock caps would work. They may know what shock caps would work.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Try www.rcmushroom.com
Old 08-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Tech Addict

Default max spur size (trying to get motor to fit)

Hi there. Whats the max (48pitch) spur I can fit??

Im having issues with fitting a brushless motor.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (67%+)

I'm new to electric actually at this pomt I don't even own anything electric but I'm wanting to get into carpet racing. I've been looking at the cyclone rtr since I'm not really sure carpet is what I want to do. I'm just wanting to race in a 17.5/27t class. Is the cyclone rtr as upgradable as hot bodies makes it out to be? Can the chassis be upgraded say to the tc chassis on down the line? For a beginner is it even a fairly competitive car to start out with? Any help or input would be great!
Old 08-18-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shane369
I'm new to electric actually at this pomt I don't even own anything electric but I'm wanting to get into carpet racing. I've been looking at the cyclone rtr since I'm not really sure carpet is what I want to do. I'm just wanting to race in a 17.5/27t class. Is the cyclone rtr as upgradable as hot bodies makes it out to be? Can the chassis be upgraded say to the tc chassis on down the line? For a beginner is it even a fairly competitive car to start out with? Any help or input would be great!
YGPM dude!
Old 08-18-2009, 07:52 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

It's a very good competitive car. You can go to Hot Bodies web site and see the various hop ups that they offer. 3Racing makes hop ups for it. I know you can get graphite shock towers, cvd's, a one way, a solid axle, but I don't know if you can get a graphite chassis for it. You can email Hot Bodies and ask them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.