Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree509Likes

Xpress Execute XQ1S Sport Clubracer

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 07:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by s14_tat
You should have one of the fast guys drive your car. This way you can how much is driver how much is car and they can give honest feedback. This car has a ton of steering, refusing to change direction is not a trait I would use to describe this car. Are you sure your toe is set to 0 and is not toed in?
Watching his car over the weekend and it just does not want to turn. Almost like it has drift tires on the front. They're turned all the way, but the car isn't turning. Kills all his speed.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Falconz
Watching his car over the weekend and it just does not want to turn. Almost like it has drift tires on the front. They're turned all the way, but the car isn't turning. Kills all his speed.
Is he using Gravity USGT tires? Are they brand new? If brand new, it needs to wear a bit before it performs. Also, try saucing the whole front tires not just half.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by johnzhou2476
Is he using Gravity USGT tires? Are they brand new? If brand new, it needs to wear a bit before it performs. Also, try saucing the whole front tires not just half.
Protoform VTA tires
Old 02-26-2019, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

For USGT, the car doesn't have to be that grippy vs TC mod. Some other things you can try if running on carpet: Set rear toe in to 2 degrees. Set front toe to zero. Set camber to -1 degree all around. Front droop about 1mm and rear droop about 2mm clearance over ride height.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Protoform VTA tires
try saucing the whole front tires and loosen up the rear (less toe, less camber, etc..). And maybe add some toe out in the front.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Also shim the rear so you don't have too much camber gain.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

The body and wing will also have a huge effect on the handing of the car. If his rear wing is too big or angled downward too much it'll make the car want to push.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by johnzhou2476
The body and wing will also have a huge effect on the handing of the car. If his rear wing is too big or angled downward too much it'll make the car want to push.
No wing on VTA cars
Old 02-26-2019, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

yea, it's hard to pinpoint the issue without seeing or driving the car. I gave some general advices above. But if the car is setup right and with the right driver, it can hang with Xrays and AX.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The Protoform tires take a long time to break in. Had a newcomer run his XQ1S for the first time on brand new Protoform tires that were only lightly scuffed in to remove seam. Drift city. Put my broken in tires and it was substantially better.

Maybe see if a local has a set of known good/broken-in tires you could try to see if it's setup or tires.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72
The Protoform tires take a long time to break in. Had a newcomer run his XQ1S for the first time on brand new Protoform tires that were only lightly scuffed in to remove seam. Drift city. Put my broken in tires and it was substantially better.

Maybe see if a local has a set of known good/broken-in tires you could try to see if it's setup or tires.
How many laps does it take to break those tires in? I would say the biggest difference I felt in the steering is setting the toe to 0, and also adding shims to the ackerman bar. You put shims under the ball stud in the steering turn buckle end that screws into the ackerman bar. That causes more toe out on turns and gives you a ton more steering. But if the tires just needs to be broken in, wait for the tires to break in because the car will drive totally difference once it does. As what most people say, you can have the most setup car, but with shitty tires, it will still drive like garbage.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:21 AM
Tech Initiate

How many laps does it take to break those tires in? I would say the biggest difference I felt in the steering is setting the toe to 0, and also adding shims to the ackerman bar. You put shims under the ball stud in the steering turn buckle end that screws into the ackerman bar. That causes more toe out on turns and gives you a ton more steering. But if the tires just needs to be broken in, wait for the tires to break in because the car will drive totally difference once it does. As what most people say, you can have the most setup car, but with shitty tires, it will still drive like garbage.
I just put a new set on my car. Sanded down the center seam only. Took about 15-20 min of run time to come in. Black carpet and medium SXT sauce.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

I just put a new set on my car. Sanded down the center seam only. Took about 15-20 min of run time to come in. Black carpet and medium SXT sauce.
Then his tires should be broken in by then. What he should do is swap the front tires with the back and see if it wants to spin out. If it does then we know for sure it is the tires.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know if X-Ray C hubs are interchangable with XQ1S?
Old 02-26-2019, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Then his tires should be broken in by then. What he should do is swap the front tires with the back and see if it wants to spin out. If it does then we know for sure it is the tires.
You won't fit rear VTA tyres on the front.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.