Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Losi TEN-MT 14mm hex to 12mm or 17mm? >

Team Losi TEN-MT 14mm hex to 12mm or 17mm?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi TEN-MT 14mm hex to 12mm or 17mm?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 09:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Team Losi TEN-MT 14mm hex to 12mm or 17mm?

So it seems these 14mm wheel hex adapters are not standard. Also the dang wheel nuts on these TEN-MT's don't stay on.

What parts do I need to convert the 14mm to 12mm or 17mm? Would love to use some more common wheels. I would really love to be able to use TLR wheels if the axles are the right size.

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

One option to convert to 12MM you would be the axles meant for an SCTE. But with as much power as this truck has you may find yourself stripping the 12MM hexes.

Another option would be get get 12MM hexes that fit 6MM axles (Traxxas makes some and there are others), but then you might still have issues with the wheel nuts and you would have to modify the wheels for the 6MM axles.

Possibly the simplest thing would be to get the OFNA 17MM hex adapters for the T-Maxx. I have a set of these on my electric Ten-T (which uses the same hubs and axles) and I use 1/8th buggy wheels on it. You can also use the Proline 2.8 wheels with 17MM hex on these adapters. There are probably other places you can get these OFNA adapters but they are available on eBay right now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231912990461

Using these adapters and 1/8th buggy wheels will narrow the truck somewhat.

There are other 17MM adapters for the T-Maxx with wider offsets but they require some machining.

14MM isn't so strange. A very nice setup for this truck with the 14MM hexes would be the RPM wide offset wheels (for the T-Maxx) and Panther Low Profile Komodo Dragon tires. This combo was recommended on RC-Monster for the electric converted Ten-Ts). These will keep the width closer to stock.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Wheels keep coming off, real pain in the butt! Do they made aluminum 14mm hex's?

I've killed two hex's and a rim within the first 5 batteries.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roadblock45
Wheels keep coming off, real pain in the butt! Do they made aluminum 14mm hex's?

I've killed two hex's and a rim within the first 5 batteries.
Traxxas makes steel hexes: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTKN3&P=7

Various companies make aluminum versions. I've got a set of aluminum ones I could sell you but the Traxxas Steel ones would cost you less.

TeknoRC makes M5 locknuts that are serrated and are much less likely to come loose when tightened properly:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFLVD&P=7

Last edited by ta_man; 01-02-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Those Traxxas ones look just like the LOSI ones that clamp into place. HMMM.. Wonder if they would fit the TEN-MT?
Old 01-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Only one way to find out. Like I said I know for a fact the M2C kit I posted in the other thread fits TEN-MT and pretty sure the SCBE because I have that kit on my TEN-MT. But that kit is twice the price of the OFNA kit on Ebay.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys.
I'm wanting to go 17mm 1/8th scale wheels on my SCBE. There is such a wonderful and cheap selection of these on the bay! The problem that I'm running into is the SCBE axles are only 5mm. I talked to Mitch (great guy) about the MC2 kit, and he suggested I find 6mm axles and then use his kit.
does anyone know where to find 6mm stub axles? Will the stubs from the SCTE work?