Wiki Posts
Search

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NItrox416
Thank you, but I mean in general what the car likes, I've read that many use -co5 and e20 at rear instead in front usually f05 or f00 and c05 (some arm sweep in general)
I was thinking to buy
1 co5
1e25
1f05
to begin to have some option to set the car
Would you recommend some other suspension mount(also central)
Thanks for help
Those are the blocks I like to keep around in my box. I also have an E20 and a C10, but on high traction carpet I haven't really found a use for them just yet. The blocks you listed are def a great start. I would also suggest grabbing the optional swaybars as well.

-Korey
Old 12-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Pinions

I have finished building the car but found that I have reverse the pinion when installing. I'm using CRC gold pinions. With the pinion in reverse position it's tricky to get access to tighten the set screw. The access hole in the bottom of the chassis doesn't align anymore.

I'm currently using a 96T spur and also notice that if you use pinions larger than 52T it might be very close to the red motor mount. I haven't tried putting one on yet, just noticed how closed my 48T pinion is to the motor mount.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Ron
Old 12-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Xray T4 pinion access hole location is also bad. These touring cars need a long slot instead of a round hole for pinion set screw access.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blue Sky
I have finished building the car but found that I have reverse the pinion when installing. I'm using CRC gold pinions. With the pinion in reverse position it's tricky to get access to tighten the set screw. The access hole in the bottom of the chassis doesn't align anymore.

I'm currently using a 96T spur and also notice that if you use pinions larger than 52T it might be very close to the red motor mount. I haven't tried putting one on yet, just noticed how closed my 48T pinion is to the motor mount.

Ron
What motor? As I'm sure it makes a difference to some extent. Curious if I'll have to spin the pinion too
Old 12-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Those are the blocks I like to keep around in my box. I also have an E20 and a C10, but on high traction carpet I haven't really found a use for them just yet. The blocks you listed are def a great start. I would also suggest grabbing the optional swaybars as well.

-Korey
Thank you very much to all guys
I have never had a help like this
I think i have done the right choice with vbc
Old 12-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Shurspeed 17.5
Old 12-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Exclamation Suspension Shims

FYI:
When ordering shims, the center shim packages come with 2 each of .5 mm and 2 each 1 mm, therefore you'd need 2 packages of shims in order to have enough .5 mm shims to lower all 4 suspension blocks the same amount. The Front/Rear packages have enough to do the job.

This was not clear to me until my recent VBC parts order arrived and discovered I lack enough .5 mm shims to set the Car up for tomorrows Race, "Oh Well!"
Old 12-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by el salvador
FYI:
When ordering shims, the center shim packages come with 2 each of .5 mm and 2 each 1 mm, therefore you'd need 2 packages of shims in order to have enough .5 mm shims to lower all 4 suspension blocks the same amount. The Front/Rear packages have enough to do the job.

This was not clear to me until my recent VBC parts order arrived and discovered I lack enough .5 mm shims to set the Car up for tomorrows Race, "Oh Well!"
I'm sure Dave will have some for ya
Old 12-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ron
Which motor are you using? I use the same pinions with the Team Powers motors and do not need to mount them in the opposite direction.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by VBC Racing Shop
Which motor are you using? I use the same pinions with the Team Powers motors and do not need to mount them in the opposite direction.
Schuur Speed Extreme Spec 17.5
Old 12-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I had to do the same for the PRS pinions. I access the set screw from the rear diff cutout from the bottom. The new PRS is even worse, and I have to loosen the motor screws to get the right angle.

The team powers rotor doesn't have enough flat spot to get the pinion set screw on the motor side, so I had go on the batt side.

But I thought the CRC gold ones fit with no issues
Old 12-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by el salvador
FYI:

Hopefully whomever you ordered these parts from makes it clear in the future as this is an unfortunate oversight.

Our Website mentions these item specifics and we write our own descriptions for every single product that makes it onto the site. I did double check to make sure that we did have this information on the site, regarding the suspension mount shims, and we do.

Anyway, hopefully you will be able to get your hands on some before you race tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by inpuressa
I had to do the same for the PRS pinions. I access the set screw from the rear diff cutout from the bottom. The new PRS is even worse, and I have to loosen the motor screws to get the right angle.

The team powers rotor doesn't have enough flat spot to get the pinion set screw on the motor side, so I had go on the batt side.

But I thought the CRC gold ones fit with no issues
That's really odd. I was preparing for a race and modified the gearing and was able to mount the CRC gold pinion properly without issue onto my Team Powers motor. It's pretty much positioned dead center at the spur gear.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

That's really odd. I was preparing for a race and modified the gearing and was able to mount the CRC gold pinion properly without issue onto my Team Powers motor. It's pretty much positioned dead center at the spur gear.
So I figured out about the pinion issue. It does have to do with the motor...the length of the flat on the shaft is the key. I took a Dremel and lengthen the flat and everything is working now. The pinion goes in the normal direction and it centers with the spur, and the set screw aligns with the chassis slot.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So I figured out about the pinion issue. It does have to do with the motor...the length of the flat on the shaft is the key. I took a Dremel and lengthen the flat and everything is working now. The pinion goes in the normal direction and it centers with the spur, and the set screw aligns with the chassis slot.
Same issue I had with team powers 17.5. Kinda wished they cut out the same hole on the other end too.

On another note, any reports from the hobbywing asia open?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.