Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
RC10 32pitch Transmission: I wanna throw it across the room!! >

RC10 32pitch Transmission: I wanna throw it across the room!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC10 32pitch Transmission: I wanna throw it across the room!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Angry RC10 32pitch Transmission: I wanna throw it across the room!!

Hey, can anyone help me out with the RC10 32 pitch transmission? I wanted to get a Stealth for it, but Æ Stopped making it...

But anyways, the 32 pitch has these white little things that hold the bearings, and they pop out.... well every time I try to put a Spur on, they pop out! This has become rediculous, and ANNOYING!! Not every so often does it do this, but EVERY time!! Does anyone know what's going on? Anyone have a Stealth RC10 tranny? Rebuild kit or SOMETHING!!!

Help!!
-Jeff
Attached Thumbnails RC10 32pitch Transmission: I wanna throw it across the room!!-rc10-rear-end....jpg  
Old 06-17-2004, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

HA! now that is funny. When I first built my tranny, I shoegoo'd it in place. There is no real reason to take out the bearing adaptor from that side of the tranny, ever. I would goo it into place and not have to worry about it anymore.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by timmay70
HA! now that is funny. When I first built my tranny, I shoegoo'd it in place. There is no real reason to take out the bearing adaptor from that side of the tranny, ever. I would goo it into place and not have to worry about it anymore.
what's the point of having it? was there some odd-shaped bearing in there or something?

Thanks, I'll try that!
Old 06-17-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: RC10 32pitch Transmission: I wanna throw it across the room!!

Originally posted by LosiFromHell986
Hey, can anyone help me out with the RC10 32 pitch transmission? I wanted to get a Stealth for it, but Æ Stopped making it...

But anyways, the 32 pitch has these white little things that hold the bearings, and they pop out.... well every time I try to put a Spur on, they pop out! This has become rediculous, and ANNOYING!! Not every so often does it do this, but EVERY time!! Does anyone know what's going on? Anyone have a Stealth RC10 tranny? Rebuild kit or SOMETHING!!!

Help!!
-Jeff
See if a local hobby shop has a flanged bearing that'll replace it. You may need to do some plastic shaving to get it to fit.

And wow, 2.0 rims... And those X patterns look rather street worn.

Gramps.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

dont have any advice, but wow, you have same carpet as me
Old 06-17-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ctardi
dont have any advice, but wow, you have same carpet as me
haha nice! I hate this carpet! lol
Old 06-17-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: RC10 32pitch Transmission: I wanna throw it across the room!!

Originally posted by LosiGramps
See if a local hobby shop has a flanged bearing that'll replace it. You may need to do some plastic shaving to get it to fit.

And wow, 2.0 rims... And those X patterns look rather street worn.

Gramps.
Gramps- Yeah, they were on the car when I got it, it's my little project car... I'll be getting rid of them asap... actually now it has B4 Rims on the front with no tires on them (ran out of money ), and soon I'll have B3 rims on the rear, because I've upgraded the rear to B3 axles(so I could have standard bearings, the flanged ones were impossible to find!! )
Old 06-20-2004, 04:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Losigramps is correct, your transmission problem is probably because there needs to be a flanged bearing in that little white piece your picture points to, then a e-clip holds that bearing in place.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Scrubb
Losigramps is correct, your transmission problem is probably because there needs to be a flanged bearing in that little white piece your picture points to, then a e-clip holds that bearing in place.
No, I already have the full ball bearings in the transmission...

By the way, I figured out what was wrong; The E clip came off, so the top shaft would flop around in there!
Old 06-21-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I believe the instructions even said to put a peice of servo tape over the end to keep dirt and debris out of the bearing. That adaptor ring allowed the top drive shaft to be reversed to mount the motor on the opposite side. I don't think that associated ever released a chassis/motor plate to do that. I do seem to remember there were some chassis kits that allowed you to mid mount the motor, in which case you would need to switch the side the motor was mounted to for correct rotation.

One of the hot mods we did for oval racing was to replace the idler gears with steel ones. This freed (is that a word?) up the tranny which was difficult to do with the nylon idlers. It did, however, add more rotating mass to the transmission.

Another interesting 'feature' they included with the tranny was the flet dust shields and rings to retain the felt on the out drives. I think in the end they served to capture the dirt more than to keep it out.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

hmm... Interesting Info there, timmay, thanks.... I wonder if I could find some...
Old 06-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by LosiFromHell986
No, I already have the full ball bearings in the transmission...

By the way, I figured out what was wrong; The E clip came off, so the top shaft would flop around in there!
Oooh, evil E-clips running away. Always hated those in transmissions. Necessary evil, at least be thankful those are E and not C-clips. THOSE are more of a pain to get off the pin they're on.

Should see if anyone still has that belt setup for the RC 10.

Gramps.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Whoah ....meeeeeeeemorieeeees.