R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2004, 06:02 PM   #1
Tech Master
 
LosiFromHell986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: El Cajon, San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,625
Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986
Angry RC10 32pitch Transmission: I wanna throw it across the room!!

Hey, can anyone help me out with the RC10 32 pitch transmission? I wanted to get a Stealth for it, but Stopped making it...

But anyways, the 32 pitch has these white little things that hold the bearings, and they pop out.... well every time I try to put a Spur on, they pop out! This has become rediculous, and ANNOYING!! Not every so often does it do this, but EVERY time!! Does anyone know what's going on? Anyone have a Stealth RC10 tranny? Rebuild kit or SOMETHING!!!

Help!!
-Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rc10 rear end....jpg (86.1 KB, 593 views)
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 11:26 AM   #2
Tech Master
 
timmay70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,701
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

HA! now that is funny. When I first built my tranny, I shoegoo'd it in place. There is no real reason to take out the bearing adaptor from that side of the tranny, ever. I would goo it into place and not have to worry about it anymore.
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 12:59 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
LosiFromHell986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: El Cajon, San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,625
Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by timmay70
HA! now that is funny. When I first built my tranny, I shoegoo'd it in place. There is no real reason to take out the bearing adaptor from that side of the tranny, ever. I would goo it into place and not have to worry about it anymore.
what's the point of having it? was there some odd-shaped bearing in there or something?

Thanks, I'll try that!
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:41 PM   #4
Tech Initiate
 
LosiGramps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: MysticSauga, Ontario, Canada, eh?
Posts: 21
Send a message via ICQ to LosiGramps Send a message via AIM to LosiGramps Send a message via Yahoo to LosiGramps
Default Re: RC10 32pitch Transmission: I wanna throw it across the room!!

Quote:
Originally posted by LosiFromHell986
Hey, can anyone help me out with the RC10 32 pitch transmission? I wanted to get a Stealth for it, but Stopped making it...

But anyways, the 32 pitch has these white little things that hold the bearings, and they pop out.... well every time I try to put a Spur on, they pop out! This has become rediculous, and ANNOYING!! Not every so often does it do this, but EVERY time!! Does anyone know what's going on? Anyone have a Stealth RC10 tranny? Rebuild kit or SOMETHING!!!

Help!!
-Jeff
See if a local hobby shop has a flanged bearing that'll replace it. You may need to do some plastic shaving to get it to fit.

And wow, 2.0 rims... And those X patterns look rather street worn.

Gramps.
LosiGramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:50 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
ctardi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: In my house
Posts: 524
Send a message via Yahoo to ctardi
Default

dont have any advice, but wow, you have same carpet as me
ctardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 10:41 PM   #6
Tech Master
 
LosiFromHell986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: El Cajon, San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,625
Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ctardi
dont have any advice, but wow, you have same carpet as me
haha nice! I hate this carpet! lol
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 10:45 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
LosiFromHell986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: El Cajon, San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,625
Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986
Default Re: Re: RC10 32pitch Transmission: I wanna throw it across the room!!

Quote:
Originally posted by LosiGramps
See if a local hobby shop has a flanged bearing that'll replace it. You may need to do some plastic shaving to get it to fit.

And wow, 2.0 rims... And those X patterns look rather street worn.

Gramps.
Gramps- Yeah, they were on the car when I got it, it's my little project car... I'll be getting rid of them asap... actually now it has B4 Rims on the front with no tires on them (ran out of money ), and soon I'll have B3 rims on the rear, because I've upgraded the rear to B3 axles(so I could have standard bearings, the flanged ones were impossible to find!! )
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 05:18 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic
 
Scrubb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 834
Default

Losigramps is correct, your transmission problem is probably because there needs to be a flanged bearing in that little white piece your picture points to, then a e-clip holds that bearing in place.
Scrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 08:50 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
LosiFromHell986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: El Cajon, San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,625
Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Scrubb
Losigramps is correct, your transmission problem is probably because there needs to be a flanged bearing in that little white piece your picture points to, then a e-clip holds that bearing in place.
No, I already have the full ball bearings in the transmission...

By the way, I figured out what was wrong; The E clip came off, so the top shaft would flop around in there!
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 08:42 AM   #10
Tech Master
 
timmay70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,701
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I believe the instructions even said to put a peice of servo tape over the end to keep dirt and debris out of the bearing. That adaptor ring allowed the top drive shaft to be reversed to mount the motor on the opposite side. I don't think that associated ever released a chassis/motor plate to do that. I do seem to remember there were some chassis kits that allowed you to mid mount the motor, in which case you would need to switch the side the motor was mounted to for correct rotation.

One of the hot mods we did for oval racing was to replace the idler gears with steel ones. This freed (is that a word?) up the tranny which was difficult to do with the nylon idlers. It did, however, add more rotating mass to the transmission.

Another interesting 'feature' they included with the tranny was the flet dust shields and rings to retain the felt on the out drives. I think in the end they served to capture the dirt more than to keep it out.
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 11:25 AM   #11
Tech Master
 
LosiFromHell986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: El Cajon, San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,625
Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986
Default

hmm... Interesting Info there, timmay, thanks.... I wonder if I could find some...
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 08:39 PM   #12
Tech Initiate
 
LosiGramps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: MysticSauga, Ontario, Canada, eh?
Posts: 21
Send a message via ICQ to LosiGramps Send a message via AIM to LosiGramps Send a message via Yahoo to LosiGramps
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by LosiFromHell986
No, I already have the full ball bearings in the transmission...

By the way, I figured out what was wrong; The E clip came off, so the top shaft would flop around in there!
Oooh, evil E-clips running away. Always hated those in transmissions. Necessary evil, at least be thankful those are E and not C-clips. THOSE are more of a pain to get off the pin they're on.

Should see if anyone still has that belt setup for the RC 10.

Gramps.
LosiGramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:26 PM   #13
Tech Master
 
INFERN0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Langley, B.C. Canada
Posts: 1,913
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Whoah ....meeeeeeeemorieeeees.
__________________
Proudly driving for Kyosho America, Team Maclan and RC Pitstop
INFERN0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
throw me a bone harddrive Electric Off-Road 2 01-30-2006 07:25 PM
RC10 stealth transmission kamlooper R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 03-10-2005 02:48 PM
Steering throw new92 Electric On-Road 2 02-11-2005 12:42 PM
5mm 32pitch 24 tooth pinions tuil21 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-29-2004 07:04 PM
Steering would not throw 100%... got_speed? Nitro On-Road 3 01-04-2002 09:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:24 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net