Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2001, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by King-G
bummer, its a couple of weeks after I will be there..

the street machine nats is on the 3-7 jan.

im afraid I cant do both, as I have limited leave from work at the moment.
so your putting real cars before toy cars....i couldn't do that!
Old 11-25-2001, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

hehe, neither would I normally, but I had booked and paid for the tickets before the meeting was announced..

ohh well..

B.K..can you post your current setup..im interested to see where we differ.

also what do you change from a rubber setup to foams, for outdoors
Old 11-25-2001, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

hehe, neither would I normally, but I had booked and paid for the tickets before the meeting was announced..

ohh well..

B.K..can you post your current setup..im interested to see where we differ.

also what do you change from a rubber setup to foams, for outdoors
I will post my setup later tonight (10.00pm or so), when i get home (i have noted it down on a setup sheet).

Not entirely sure what i would do for rubber tires, i rarely use them. How ever i plan to race on rubber (H13's on Inch Ups) this Friday night so i will be working on it.
Old 11-25-2001, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

BK

I thought you ran foams over there?
Old 11-25-2001, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
BK

I thought you ran foams over there?
Yes foams are the best for "Gum Nut" / "Brush Farm"...but Ari's car looked very good last meet on H13's, so i want to give them a go...if all fails i will switch back to foam.
Old 11-25-2001, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

kewl..thanks B.k

you might want to try takeoff 27r with supplied inserts..they retail for around $25pr...awesome tires, it is what everyone is now running at tftr in cool to mild conditions, above that we switch to sorex 32, 36, or Hpi 33r..

try hpi inserts..green and blue for sorex, and red for the hpi
Old 11-25-2001, 09:16 PM
Tech Champion

Don"t Ari's cars always look good?

How did they wear?
Old 11-25-2001, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah Ari is always hooked up..
Old 11-25-2001, 09:23 PM
Tech Champion

kewl..thanks B.k

you might want to try takeoff 27r with supplied inserts..they retail for around $25pr...awesome tires, it is what everyone is now running at tftr in cool to mild conditions, above that we switch to sorex 32, 36, or Hpi 33r..

try hpi inserts..green and blue for sorex, and red for the hpi
I have some Takeoff's at home so i will have to see what they are...also the C4.1 comes with Takeoff's..do you remember what compound they are???

Thanks for the rubber tire info i will have to do some testing. A few of us want to come down to Vic next year for a race or two, so we will have to get use to rubber tires. We are keen to have a go on that indoor track!
Old 11-25-2001, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

the wear on the takeoff 27's is amazing..

I ran around 30 runs on my last set...wear isnt noticable when run in their temperature range. if they are run in hot conditions, they still work, but the wear is more noticable, and they make kool screechy noises.

the hpi and sorex also wear quite well, and are still the better tire in hot conditions, we havent got the takeoff 32's to hook up as yet
Old 11-25-2001, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
Don"t Ari's cars always look good?

How did they wear?
You should see Ari's offroad car on Wednesday nights, it spends 90% of the time on two wheels..the rear ones!
Old 11-25-2001, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

the kit tires are the take off 22, but I think from memory they were the older series tire...they are ok, but nowhere near the newer takeoff's..

i didnt like the airgap in the kit tire/inserts...they also screech in the corners, pretty funny.

definately come down to vic, we'd love to see you guys down here..

the indoor track is awesome, and is part of a big r/c facility, it also has an outdoor onroad, outdoor offroad, and slotcar track, aswell as a hobby shop, stocked with corally/orion etc..

those guys really know how to do things right!

the indoor track is wicked...tight and technical traction is good, as it is bitumen paint over concrete..also great pit facilities..

as David Dean and Mike Stavropolous are of a nitro background, they asked for input as to what the electric racers wanted..I put forward some sugestions on behalf of the clubs, and proposed a multilayout track, which has over 30 layouts...those who have driven the track love it!
Old 11-25-2001, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

I have been racing for a long time and i have never seen anything more impressive, than Darren Campbell's car do a near complete backflip, going over a jump at Hornsby a few years ago, every lap he would go over the jump and pull the front wheels for the length of the straight, until he backed off for the first turn, in the final he was in one of his usual chase modes when he was really pushing the car, if he had got another inch or so off the ground it would have landed back on its wheels.
Old 11-25-2001, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

the kit tires are the take off 22, but I think from memory they were the older series tire...they are ok, but nowhere near the newer takeoff's..

i didnt like the airgap in the kit tire/inserts...they also screech in the corners, pretty funny.

definately come down to vic, we'd love to see you guys down here..

the indoor track is awesome, and is part of a big r/c facility, it also has an outdoor onroad, outdoor offroad, and slotcar track, aswell as a hobby shop, stocked with corally/orion etc..

those guys really know how to do things right!

the indoor track is wicked...tight and technical traction is good, as it is bitumen paint over concrete..also great pit facilities..

as David Dean and Mike Stavropolous are of a nitro background, they asked for input as to what the electric racers wanted..I put forward some sugestions on behalf of the clubs, and proposed a multilayout track, which has over 30 layouts...those who have driven the track love it!

don't worry we will make the trip sounds very good!

Is there regular club racing at the track?
Old 11-25-2001, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

they are waiting on a transponder set to start friday night racing...

we have been out there heaps before the vics, and I plan to go as often as I can now the vics are over..

it is awesome fun just with 2-3 cars on the track, I cant imaging 10 cars..

most likely it would be an 8 car field..

I cant wait...the corally was well hooked up in testing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.