Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

- Coral Springs Off-Road Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
hey guys what time does the hobby shop on university and comm open today?
sorry for late response but think they might be closed sunday.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for help &suspension tips with my ORANGE buggy today at track you guys!!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CasterRod
sorry for late response but think they might be closed sunday.
Glad to see you there!!!! I was there with the red shades on!!! good running
Old 01-14-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Old time Racer thinking about getting back into it

Hello,

I used to race here when i was a kid back around 1991-1993. Now I'm 34 and have a son of my own. I've contemplated getting back into it but over the years life has just made it difficult to do so whether it be financially or just time. I still think about it from time to time and was wondering if anyone had some helpful info in case i decided to take the plunge. I still have all my old stuff in a container (losi LXT) and thought maybe i could get some practice in with that equipment before i go spending hundreds of dollars on new stuff.

so my question is what is the latest comparable electric trucks out there now. Is this class still popular?
Big one back then were RC10T and Losi LXT,XXT. i used to run stock truck and would probably get back into that first.

Is stock truck a big field still? we used to have novice and regular and had enough for a main and b main races.

I know several technologies have changed over the years and some small things like motors, batteries, and obviously vehicles.

any info would be greatly appreciated. Its something i thought i could do with my son now that he is 11 going on 12. If i could atleast get pointed in the right direction for info and getting myself upto date i'ld greatly appreciate it.

thank you
Old 01-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arazor96
Hello,

I used to race here when i was a kid back around 1991-1993. Now I'm 34 and have a son of my own. I've contemplated getting back into it but over the years life has just made it difficult to do so whether it be financially or just time. I still think about it from time to time and was wondering if anyone had some helpful info in case i decided to take the plunge. I still have all my old stuff in a container (losi LXT) and thought maybe i could get some practice in with that equipment before i go spending hundreds of dollars on new stuff.

so my question is what is the latest comparable electric trucks out there now. Is this class still popular?
Big one back then were RC10T and Losi LXT,XXT. i used to run stock truck and would probably get back into that first.

Is stock truck a big field still? we used to have novice and regular and had enough for a main and b main races.

I know several technologies have changed over the years and some small things like motors, batteries, and obviously vehicles.

any info would be greatly appreciated. Its something i thought i could do with my son now that he is 11 going on 12. If i could atleast get pointed in the right direction for info and getting myself upto date i'ld greatly appreciate it.

thank you
Short course, 2wd buggy usually are the biggest classes. The best way is stop by the track at the weekend to check it out. Also check the web site for the latest info. http://www.coralspringsrctrack.com/
Old 01-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arazor96
Hello,

thank you
I agree with Pak.
If u didn't got any car yet I recommend 4x4 SCT or 2wd buggy!
Rc hobbies have a big selection of Rc cars! Look for Arnold or Sean
6800 N University Dr
Tamarac‎ Florida‎ 33321
United States
Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Exclamation Race this Sunday 1/20!

Glad to see we are starting racing early this Sunday...website shows 8AM start time. Is 8AM registration until....what time.....? And then we'll start racing at 9AM sharp? I think most people will appreciate a early, on-time start so we can still have family/football time this Championship Sunday.

Calling out all 4wd Mods....Bring em' out! Who's bringing them Sunday?

Weather is also looking EXCELLENT this weekend!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by G SquareD
Glad to see we are starting racing early this Sunday...website shows 8AM start time. Is 8AM registration until....what time.....? And then we'll start racing at 9AM sharp? I think most people will appreciate a early, on-time start so we can still have family/football time this Championship Sunday.

Calling out all 4wd Mods....Bring em' out! Who's bringing them Sunday?

Weather is also looking EXCELLENT this weekend!
K1 is in.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

8am start time? I might be able to make it from ft Myers. Is 8am starting registration? More details would be greatly appreciated. Also any good hotels near the beach? I'm planning on making a weekend out of it. I have heard only great things about this track!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

http://www.eatclay.net/index.php?vie...list&Itemid=79
Old 01-15-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58
8am start time? I might be able to make it from ft Myers. Is 8am starting registration? More details would be greatly appreciated. Also any good hotels near the beach? I'm planning on making a weekend out of it. I have heard only great things about this track!
I think the gate open @ 8 and the race usually start after 9:30.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

ill def be out
Old 01-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

How many entries are there normally? Everyone keeps telling me I have to visit this track. Thanks
Old 01-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Questions??

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58
How many entries are there normally? Everyone keeps telling me I have to visit this track. Thanks
You may want to wait and get some good up to date info. Yes this track used to be one you didn't want to skip until recently. From what I hear the turn outs have been very low, the last race day had no racing since not enough showed up. If you're coming from quite a distance you may want to wait until things turn around there.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtlategrt02
You may want to wait and get some good up to date info. Yes this track used to be one you didn't want to skip until recently. From what I hear the turn outs have been very low, the last race day had no racing since not enough showed up. If you're coming from quite a distance you may want to wait until things turn around there.
I agree its a shame but she'll be going strong again hopefully for supercup in april. For now bring it to mills pond

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.