Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Love Big Races-but too Long!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is nothing I love more than people sitting around whining about an event, a week after the fact. I never asked for a DAMN THING while I was on the mic , except the occasional beverage, for the entire weekend. The only reason I asked for a drink was because I couldn't leave the booth. Steps will be taken next year to ensure that there is minimal delay due to racers running the same car in back to back mains. My thinking on that subject is that you should only run as many classes as you have cars for. Scoring issues stemmed from the location of the loop, that will also be remedied next year. In all actuality the ship was run pretty tight this year, but there were a few unforeseen delays. It is a MIRACLE when events that large run as well as they do. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. I'm perfectly willing to listen to suggestions about how to improve things, but the incessant bitching from people who've never attempted to put on an event of this magnitude is uncalled for. If you didn't enjoy yourself for whatever reason, give it a shot next year and see if you have a better time. If not, stay home and find something else to bitch about.

Last edited by CypressMidWest; 12-02-2005 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
I'm really just asking if the promoters and racers would prefer:

Glorified club races are 1-day (2-days with open practice day).

Big race, but not National (150 to 250 entry races) 3-days MAX.

National events (Champs, Vegas, ROAR nats) 4-days max.

IFMAR/World Championship level event 5 days max.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ted Flack
Well, a lot of Masters people like to race each other rather than the young people that quite frankly kick our butts. Plus it really doesn't add to the overall time if we were going to attend anyway. Three heats of Masters doesn't take any longer than three heats of regular stock.

Who knows about 19t and stock, lot's of opinions on that one.

Limit entries, you bet! Cleveland would have been much nicer with 400 rather than 500.

Ted
I think an easy way to limit entries, and cut down on associated time consumption during the mains is to limit the number of classes an individual can enter. I say two classes, period. No more people running stock TC, 19 TC, Stock 12th and 19t 12th. Then you reduce the potential amount of back to back A-mainers, and possibly cut down on the number of entries.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rayhuang
IFMAR/World Championship level event 5 days max.
Ray,

Remember that Worlds for on-road are like 2 seperate events. I would say at FL maybe a lil over %50 ran both classes. It might even be lower then that. For On-road it ends up being 3-4 days per class depending on the schedule. Now it is different for the other classes as gas seams to practice for a a week and race in 2 days.

Brian
Old 12-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
There are way too many classes at most of the big races. Why does there need to be four classes for each car type? Limit the entires and get rid of stock to start. Heck I would even get rid of Masters, but that is another argument.
I think we (USA) are the only ones that have this many classes. I might be wrong but most other places have 2 classes for each type of car. Europe mod (12 turn limit) and 19t (spec handout). Most of the Pacific nations I believe run mod and 23t. With that everyone races together and has a jolly ole time.

Cheers,
Brian
Old 12-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
I think an easy way to limit entries, and cut down on associated time consumption during the mains is to limit the number of classes an individual can enter. I say two classes, period. No more people running stock TC, 19 TC, Stock 12th and 19t 12th. Then you reduce the potential amount of back to back A-mainers, and possibly cut down on the number of entries.
I believe at Snowbirds they don't wait for you to change your car over if you are running back to back. That is why every year you see some DNS in the A-main because those drivers decided to concentrate on one class over the other.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
I believe at Snowbirds they don't wait for you to change your car over if you are running back to back. That is why every year you see some DNS in the A-main because those drivers decided to concentrate on one class over the other.
Next year we're going to divide the classes up a bit morewhen we get to the A's. We're probably going to rotate between scales, and mix-up the classes so noone ends up running one race right after the other.

Next year I'd like to see us run straight through all the mains by class, at least up untill the A's. No more TC STOCK B, TC MASTERS B, 19t TC B etc. I think that would help out alot as well.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Next year we're going to divide the classes up a bit morewhen we get to the A's. We're probably going to rotate between scales, and mix-up the classes so noone ends up running one race right after the other.

Next year I'd like to see us run straight through all the mains by class, at least up untill the A's. No more TC STOCK B, TC MASTERS B, 19t TC B etc. I think that would help out alot as well.
That's how it should be. Run them in the same order they qualified in.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Damn, there goes the Bump Up Nationals..
Old 12-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

2 class limit
motors are 19T and Open Mod.
6 min races
2 Rounds of qual
Run lower mains before higher..
2 car bump up

cuts down on over all time while getting extra race time.. and if somebody can climb the ladder - well it just makes it that much better.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Bump ups slow everything down in electric.....works for gas, not electric.....thats why its rarely used anymore...

Doesn't Snowbirds runs its classes in order....so they do all touring stock, then touring 19t, etc.....Z-A, then to the next class......at least thats the way they did it last year if memory serves correct....though I did have a lot of corona's....

I just remember Chris and Peter's mains were hours apart....

Later EddieO
Old 12-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

I have no problems running bump ups monthly with electric and nitro. Where is there a slow down if you run lower mains before higher ones?
Old 12-02-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
I think we (USA) are the only ones that have this many classes. I might be wrong but most other places have 2 classes for each type of car. Europe mod (12 turn limit) and 19t (spec handout). Most of the Pacific nations I believe run mod and 23t. With that everyone races together and has a jolly ole time.

Cheers,
Brian

In New Zealand we have the same arguments over the number of classes.
We run Mini's, F1, TT01, stock(mabuchi motor with 1500 batteries), Pro stock (ROAR stock motors with 1500 batteries), Mod ,(12 turn limit), Super Touring(12 turn with CAN AM style bodyshells) and 12th scale Mod. And now they are looking at 19T. All this with entries at the biggest events no more than 100.

You think you guys have problems.
I say there should only be 3-4 classes at the most. 12th scale, mod, stock and maybe 19t. I am not sure about 19t because on a lot of tracks they basically run as fast as mods.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Arrow

elimanate all but these:

12th stock
12th mod

tc stock
tc mod

stock: 27t stock motors ONLY
mod: anything from 19t on up

RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG, no handout bs

one day stock,one day mod. if u miss out your race, TOUGH CRAP!

that way the weekend is a weekend, not a week long, stressed out affair
Old 12-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Let me throw this out there. Every entry is $$ for the group holding the race. Any time you put limits on entries and limits on the amount of classes they loose out on the $$. So until entries start to fall off I don't think you will see limits on the amount of classes or entries allowed.

Thoughts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.