Wiki Posts
Search

Electric vs Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Electric vs Nitro

Originally posted by pede
What do you find better about one type over the other, in terms of speed and maintinance?
Speed- NITRO
Ease of maintinance- Electric
Realism- NITRO
Simplicity- Electric
Attention grabber- NITRO
Portable- Electric
Cost- No clear winner
Old 03-29-2004, 06:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Lubing your pinion gear

I heard that you could use a bar of soap for lube on your pinion gear

Thanks,YN
Old 03-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Default Electric vs Nitro

I own a nitro and a slew of electrics.... and i must say, Nitro is much more realistic, but electric has my vote, it's so much easier and I like to chase my dog around the house ...... so my vote is electric

I got into nitro and the results were a big hole in my wallet and major debt with my parents since i have basically no income since im only 15 and have no job yet...
Old 03-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I know my electric takes more work than my nitro... kinda different compared to what people say about them.. I'm really picky about stuff.. so, mechanically my nitro is dialed. so, less maintenance... the most work I do to it is cleaning it.. my electric.. I'm always doing motor cleanings and turning the comm.. something with the tires.. setups.. soldering.. on and on... but, I like them both
Old 03-30-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

for electric you have to worry about batteries, and tunning motors for the most rpm, watts, and volts you can get outa it and constantly trying out new springs changes. in nitro you just really have to worry about what percent fuel, and tune the motor to the weather. but i like both evenly so yeah i find both easy to work on.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

I agree to that...
Old 03-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

If your a begginer tho, things could go really wrong and nitro would be alot more fustrating.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Tru Dat Teachart27!!!
Old 03-31-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rice
electric the best. coz its all precision driving every heat is only 5 or 6mins
WRONG.....racing time is not a factor.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

hmm.. quals for nitro is 5-7 minutes.. not much different..

the mains are a different story though.. I believe a true good driver is tested in a 60 minute main.. there are a million more things to be concerned about when you have 60 minutes on your hands..

that is one element electric won't touch for a long time.. but, I still like em
Old 03-31-2004, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

I'm no beginner so i know what I'm doing with my Nitro, but I WOULD NOT recommend nitro to a beginner under any circumstances... nor would i recommend it to anyone who has to pay for everything and has no job..... My 2 cents...
Old 03-31-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by LosiFromHell986
I'm no beginner so i know what I'm doing with my Nitro, but I WOULD NOT recommend nitro to a beginner under any circumstances... nor would i recommend it to anyone who has to pay for everything and has no job..... My 2 cents...
I don't want to start a war but I have to disagree with what you said.

I don't think nitro is a bad thing to start with, BUT you need to have patience and take you time to understand and learn as much as you can. It also helps HEAPS if you have someone you can learn a few tips and tricks from, as much as this forum helps having someone to talk to about a problem in person is SO much better.

I do have to pay for everything and I don't have a job but I think it would be jsut as hard with electric. It doesn't matter if you are running elec. or nitro the RC hobby is not cheap and tough to keep up with without a job. i don't think nitro would be any worse than electric.

I understand your 2 cents, i am just stating my opinion on what you said and my view point on it, no wars!

EDIT: another problem I see with starting with elec before going to nitro is that you have to buy all the electric equipment then later buy all the nitro. From my eyes it would be much cheaper to pick one and jsut buy one set of support equipment.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by corvettecrazy
I understand your 2 cents, i am just stating my opinion on what you said and my view point on it, no wars!

EDIT: another problem I see with starting with elec before going to nitro is that you have to buy all the electric equipment then later buy all the nitro. From my eyes it would be much cheaper to pick one and jsut buy one set of support equipment.
Totally understand, as you are I am just stating my opinion...

for the edit part, many, i know not all, but many people run both: Gas and electric. I just can't understand why people say electric is more expensive. I mean, for people that don't race, who just bash around, run a motor until its DEAD, run simple 1500 or cheap 3000 batts, etc just doesnt seem expensive to me i guess.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Electric really aint that expensive unless you are a serious racer. nitro i understand that it is bcuz of the nitro you have to get like every other race weekend or just bashing prolly like every other week then.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JoshR 85
HeY!!!

Electric really aint that expensive unless you are a serious racer. nitro i understand that it is bcuz of the nitro you have to get like every other race weekend or just bashing prolly like every other week then.
racers may have to get it every week for it to be fresh. I am using the same fuel that I used a couple months ago. not problems. (I am just a basher.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.