Search
Like Tree7Likes

VTA tuning Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE

as far as my setup goes...its stock TC3...I ran blue front springs and silver rear....30wt all around....10mm all around...about 3mm droop....I ran rear shock towers all around....on the front shock tower...outside hole..on the arm..inside hole....on the rear shock tower....inside hole....on the arm...outside hole...double foam bumpers up front...lol..and I ran some washers on my front wheel hubs to make the front wheels sit out some for looks...(HPI mustang body)..I dont know if it helps performance..but I run them all the time...

hope this helps you out some..I works wonders for me...

oh yeah...diffs front and rear...
Thanks for the info. Any sway bars? Soft and tall is usually good advice for low traction, but do you get a lot of body lean?
Old 05-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jhberger
Thanks for the info. Any sway bars? Soft and tall is usually good advice for low traction, but do you get a lot of body lean?
I think he is. I'm running the same springs on the tc4 and I run front & rear sway bars...A must IMO w/ that soft a setup.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
I think he is. I'm running the same springs on the tc4 and I run front & rear sway bars...A must IMO w/ that soft a setup.
I was going to run one on the rear, mainly because I have a big push, but partly because I lost one of those little sway bar screws and can't find another. I generally believe that running as soft a setup as you can is a better way to go.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

no sway bars...when you say body lean..you talking about when you come around a corner it looks like a real car...if thats what you mean..than yes..alot of lean here..and its looks AWSOME!!!...and handles great
Old 05-20-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

no sways bars... hum.

you stay w/ your 10m ride height w/ the gangsta lean and I'll stay w/ my 5.5-6mm w/ the bars. we'll see what works best on the slilck, sealer'd pavement in a few weeks....
Old 05-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

no sways bars... hum.

you stay w/ your 10m ride height w/ the gangsta lean and I'll stay w/ my 5.5-6mm w/ the bars. we'll see what works best on the slilck, sealer'd pavement in a few weeks....
And I'm just gonna wait for the results
Old 05-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I was going to run one on the rear, mainly because I have a big push, but partly because I lost one of those little sway bar screws and can't find another. I generally believe that running as soft a setup as you can is a better way to go.
So im not the first one to lose them damn small screws Im gonna take my swaybar off more so to shed the extra few grams off the front end. (and im well over legal weight) havent noticed much of a diffrence with the bar but I also just got a new set of tires for the front and rear so it should be fun
Old 05-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robk
Generally, shortening the front link will also help to reduce traction roll, as it will increase camber quick enough to keep the car from rolling over. This comes at the expense of mid corner grip, and the car becomes more reactive. If you're traction rolling, losing a bit of front grip is usually ok though.

The cars traction roll off the rear with jack the gripper a lot since jack usually causes the cars to slide a bit, then catch. It's pretty pronounced on foam tire tc cars. Paragon usually makes the cars roll over off of the front wheels, since it is more of a "sticky" type grip.
Do you wat to share your TC5 VTA setup for asphalt?...need help over here..ummm..down here...thanks
Old 06-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Do you wat to share your TC5 VTA setup for asphalt?...need help over here..ummm..down here...thanks
ANY?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

And I'm just gonna wait for the results
Not sure which car/setup Darkside ran..but didn't matter as I won.
5.5-6mm rideheight & swaybars all the way around was the hot ticket. 10mm rh is the slow ticket.

But really w/ the TA tires setup doesn't mean much until you have really worn tires...IMO. I'm not wasting my time tweaking the setup on new tires. The grip difference from new to old tires is so great and you have to keep that in mind when talking about TA stuff.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Not sure which car/setup Darkside ran..but didn't matter as I won.
5.5-6mm rideheight & swaybars all the way around was the hot ticket. 10mm rh is the slow ticket.
hummm...wait a min...my TC3 totally laid you down at the 1st asphalt race..and thanks to my GTX going out...I was on my way to whooping you again...but my TC5 box rubber setup was good...but not my TC3..it didnt feel nowhere as smooth as the 3....and you won by 1 second...ha..not saying much for the super setup...lol

race may 31
Myron Kinnard #8 40 8:00.163 11.162
Donald Martin #2 39 8:02.132 11.351

race june 14
Donald Martin #3 72 8:02.701 6.143
Myron Kinnard #2 72 8:04.280 6.256 1.579
Old 06-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default Traction roll

Hi guys, I started VTA recently and I'm running a TC4 on high traction carpet. Last time at the track I started traction rolling in the sweepers. The car is balanced frt to back and side to side. 1.5* toe out frt, 2* toe in rear, frt springs at 17 lbs, rear at 14.5 lbs, 2* camber all around, 5 mm ride with even droop settings (droop not changed for 3 weeks), 17.5 w/ LRP Stockstar set at 5 and NiMh either 4200 or 4600.

My buddy pointed out a tire coming loose and that's been fixed as well as checking the others. But still traction rolling.

Any ideas?
Old 06-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tiger72
Hi guys, I started VTA recently and I'm running a TC4 on high traction carpet. Last time at the track I started traction rolling in the sweepers. The car is balanced frt to back and side to side. 1.5* toe out frt, 2* toe in rear, frt springs at 17 lbs, rear at 14.5 lbs, 2* camber all around, 5 mm ride with even droop settings (droop not changed for 3 weeks), 17.5 w/ LRP Stockstar set at 5 and NiMh either 4200 or 4600.

My buddy pointed out a tire coming loose and that's been fixed as well as checking the others. But still traction rolling.

Any ideas?
a real easy fix is to glue the sidewalls of the front tires....also how much compound are you using on the front?
Old 06-19-2009, 03:06 AM
Tech Adept

a real easy fix is to glue the sidewalls of the front tires....also how much compound are you using on the front?
Sorry, I should have clarified that the tire fix was regluing and it has held up so far.
As for tire compound, I'm using jack the gripper all around with full coverage. Applied anyware from 10 to 15 before the race. I have not changed this since I started, is it wrong?
Old 06-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

on of the things you could do to fix your problem ( I had the same) is use Jack on all the rears and only the inside half of the front tires. im guessing your tires are nice and broke in and sticky so you don't need alot anymore on the fronts. with your tire coming unglued the side walls could of been rolling under and turning you over. another thing could be trigger controle. I fould if your lifting too much that the suspension is settleing down to far., Basicly your bottoming out the suspnsion so theres no more flex and the tires end up takeing the full load.if traction is still too much of a problem clean your tires with motor spray, it will dry the rubber and harden the tires. hope this works for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.